12-05-10, 12:05 AM   #4481
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
While in combat now the thundercats symbol flashes for about 10 seconds then dissapears. Only appears when entering combat.

IMG

Trying out this as my cast bar. The triangle and arrow in the middle are the cast bar.

IMG

IMG

Update:

IMG

IMG

Upon log in this is what players will sill. The Eye of Thundera is activated and is pulsing. This happens for about 12 seconds then it fades out.

IMG
Think the times might be a little to long, maybe 3-5 seconds when entering combat should be good enough. And upon log in make it solid for a few seconds then have it fade out over another 5? Just my 2c. I can't actually see it in action though.

I like the frames, though the targeting one seems a little odd, being upside down and kinda not looking like a hilt anymore. But you said it was an idea you had for it.

Still an amazing UI. Great job

12-05-10, 01:47 AM   #4482
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

what is this blood or bloom mod i have been hearing about and where can i get it?

12-05-10, 04:54 AM   #4483
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

what is this blood or bloom mod i have been hearing about and where can i get it?
Have a read at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ight=bloom+mod should have everything.

Are you using the Lua change for the borders on your threat bars?
Nope, kgPanels anchored to sThreatmeter.

Nice UI man, do you plan to upload it? I really want!! *.*
Like all my UI's, probably not.

hey led++ what textures are you using for the ufs?
and what border and background texture for the panels?
The UF textures is Tap2 from Tapestry. Background texture is just Solid. And the border is Square Outline with a border edge size of 2 and all the background insets set to 0.

12-05-10, 05:07 AM   #4484
Unkn
Premium Member

After reinstalling WoW. This is the final product. Had to combine a few screenies to get it all showing. The BRIGHT orange below the unit frames show text info... ie low mana/tanking/executes...

Also the lines in the textures you see don't happen in game, gotta love how wow doesn't take screenshots very well.

Any suggestions?

First Pic... combat-ish
Second Pic ... idle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	complete.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	5430  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120510_060422.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	459.3 KB
ID:	5431  

12-05-10, 11:12 AM   #4485
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Panels

I thought I'd never go back to a panel UI, but I had some time to kill, and this is what I came up with. Not really satisfied, but is a WIP. The target UF is the center with my health on left ( depeleting downward) and rage on right. ALl the data feeds serve dual functions, I put scripted panels behind them to open bags/worldmap/calendar, etc.

Fake edit: I dont know why the screenies are always so blurry >.< Im running
a decent laptop with 1440x900 (not the best, but certainly not the worst), is always very crisp while playing.
( Ooh ive been longwinded today, lol.) As always, C&C welcome~
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Targeting a druid.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	5434  Click image for larger version

Name:	Targeting a shaman.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	5435  

12-05-10, 03:55 PM   #4486
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Fake edit: I dont know why the screenies are always so blurry >.< Im running
a decent laptop with 1440x900 (not the best, but certainly not the worst), is always very crisp while playing.
( Ooh ive been longwinded today, lol.) As always, C&C welcome~
Because JPG is a lossy format - means it tosses away sharpness to lower size. I used TweakWoW to set it to save to a lossless format (TGA), and then I convert to a PNG with other software.

12-05-10, 03:58 PM   #4487
Dawn
A Molten Giant

You can still use jpgs without getting a blurry result. You can adjust screenshot quality with this, ranging from 1-10, afaik. With 10 being highest quality. Default is something around 6, iirc.

Code:
-- set screenshot quality
SetCVar("screenshotQuality", 10)

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

12-05-10, 04:17 PM   #4488
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Think the times might be a little to long, maybe 3-5 seconds when entering combat should be good enough. And upon log in make it solid for a few seconds then have it fade out over another 5? Just my 2c. I can't actually see it in action though.

I like the frames, though the targeting one seems a little odd, being upside down and kinda not looking like a hilt anymore. But you said it was an idea you had for it.

Still an amazing UI. Great job
Thanks. I agree with the times on the images. I fixed that and that will work out a lot better. Here is another idea for the target. I don't think its going to work. I am sure the main complaint will be it takes up too must screen space. Another complaint would be status bar coloring. Class coloring seems weird and i am just not sure what colors would work good. I might just scrap this idea Was so promising at first too.

12-05-10, 04:23 PM   #4489
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120510_163226.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	742.4 KB
ID:	5439  

12-05-10, 05:13 PM   #4490
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Have a read at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ight=bloom+mod should have everything.

The UF textures is Tap2 from Tapestry. Background texture is just Solid. And the border is Square Outline with a border edge size of 2 and all the background insets set to 0.
thanks for the reply led i just have 1 more question.
could you tell me where to get tap2 texture cuz i cant seem to find a link?

12-05-10, 06:37 PM   #4491
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
thanks for the reply led i just have 1 more question.
could you tell me where to get tap2 texture cuz i cant seem to find a link?
Download http://www.wowinterface.com/download...olEdition.html and check if his SharedMedia has the textures. I'm pretty sure they're in there cause well .. he made them.

12-05-10, 06:38 PM   #4492
Necrophgst
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
After reinstalling WoW. This is the final product. Had to combine a few screenies to get it all showing. The BRIGHT orange below the unit frames show text info... ie low mana/tanking/executes...

Also the lines in the textures you see don't happen in game, gotta love how wow doesn't take screenshots very well.

Any suggestions?

First Pic... combat-ish
Second Pic ... idle
I like the lay out in general, but I'm not loving the unitframes on the bottom they're too big for my taste. I tried to get use to grid being up in the corner like that and it always threw me off (personal preference) but my grid is setup more or less like that aside from the mana bars (I don't really care about the raids mana even when I was a mana user). Some of the elements are too big for my taste but overall it's really well done and just comes down to a personal preference, I like the color choices a lot. Again it's something I'd do.

12-05-10, 07:18 PM   #4493
Unkn
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Necrophgst View Post
I like the lay out in general, but I'm not loving the unitframes on the bottom they're too big for my taste. I tried to get use to grid being up in the corner like that and it always threw me off (personal preference) but my grid is setup more or less like that aside from the mana bars (I don't really care about the raids mana even when I was a mana user). Some of the elements are too big for my taste but overall it's really well done and just comes down to a personal preference, I like the color choices a lot. Again it's something I'd do.
I'm always tweaking the unitframes. I can't get something that matches all that well yet. I'll figure something out. And some of the things are a little large, ie the map, the chat, because cata is dropping, Going to make leveling easier.

I'll figure it out. I keep coming back through here trying to get an idea for unit frames.

12-05-10, 08:41 PM   #4494
Ither
A Firelord

Calai 3.0

I'm not feeling it, dunno why. This is using blizzards built in UIscale when I feel makes everything look fuzzy! LOL.

Thoughts? If you don't have a reference please see here; http://www.wowinterface.com/download...alaiUI2.0.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120510_203738.jpg
Views:	2311
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	5443  

Last edited by Ither : 12-05-10 at 10:06 PM.

12-05-10, 09:37 PM   #4495
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
Calai 3.0

I'm not feeling it, dunno why. This is using blizzards built in UIscale when I feel makes everything look fuzzy! LOL.

Thoughts? If you don't have a reference please see here; http://www.wowinterface.com/download...alaiUI2.0.html
I'm actually feeling that one

12-05-10, 10:02 PM   #4496
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Poreo View Post
I'm actually feeling that one
I will still tinker with it. I'm putting it in place for a future idea of building some artwork for the whole section.

The only part I did was the bottom where all the buttons, recount, omen, grid, etc. I didn't touch unit frames or above that.

Unit frames will more than likely be redone completely.

I'm basically trying to step away from LUI (which taught me a lot and inspired) into something that is true 100% mine.

12-05-10, 11:53 PM   #4497
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
Calai 3.0

I still suggest using the correct UIscale for your monitor as noted in this thread. Their changes were an improvement, but it's not 100%. Also, it's a bit hard to tell the "fuzziness" with the quality of the image you posted.

12-06-10, 02:02 AM   #4498
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Politig View Post
What do you all think?
I like it very much. If I would not play the Diablo theme that UI would be exactly the type of UI I would use.
Like the backdrop shadows aswell as the simplicity.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

12-06-10, 02:10 AM   #4499
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Did you have to make one for every threatbarframe?

12-06-10, 03:25 AM   #4500
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Did you have to make one for every threatbarframe?
Jup, but I only use 3 threatbars. And you can just copy/paste in kgPanels anyway so it's no biggy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...