12-06-09, 01:09 PM   #1
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MobMap?

is MobMap still supported?

there has been some "recent" commentary from the author on the site (september, 2009), but sending data updates to the author has been flaky for some time (specifically via the external updater application), and now the process seems to have stopped working completely (for me, at least). the author's forum on the author's own site no longer seems to work (raising the issue there has no effect). the addon doesn't seem to have a home on any of the usual addon sites (it seems hosted solely at the author's site).

so it seems as if there is no community, the author him/her-self is AWOL, and the thing is running on autopilot (and slowly falling apart).

if anyone has any ideas on this (workarounds to the update process, recent news on the addon, pointers to some sort of "deDE" community i don't know about, etc), feel free to share it.

thanks.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
12-13-09, 01:18 PM   #2
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
alright. i am going to assume this addon is dead.

it was updated recently (without apparent effect; the addon remains disfunctional for me under WoW 3.3), but there is no community (not for the english-language version of it anyway), the author's own forum appears to be defunct, bugs proliferate without any mechanism for reporting them (much less getting them fixed), and Blizzard now offers its own mechanism for orienting users on quest objectives.

and, clearly, if i need to know where a mob is placed, i can just go to WoWHead/etc.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
12-13-09, 01:48 PM   #3
rdrollins
A Murloc Raider
MobMap was just updated the other day. Go here.
12-13-09, 03:46 PM   #4
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I myself only stopped using MobMap because it was causing some hidden issues with the Quest Objectives, etc... and never shows Quest Timers. I use Lightheaded (Which'll show you the WoWhead Notes you need for Questing) above and beyond the new Blizz Quest / Map system, which I love and enjoy very much.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MobMap?