11-21-10, 03:09 PM   #1
Gangbanger
A Defias Bandit

FPS like Bloody screen

Is there any mod that splatters the screen with blood, like Bloody Screen, or gives it that red effect such as in Call of Duty, et cetera, when you're low on health or taking damage?

I know I found the old mod Bloody Screen that worked when you crit a target, but I was looking for something that maybe did the same when you were crit against, or just low on health.
11-21-10, 03:11 PM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is a interesting mod there lol.
11-21-10, 03:31 PM   #3
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Power Auras has the Gears of War graphics that would come up as you were damaged and killed, so you could set that up to show when you're at low health and such.

I don't know of a separate addon intended for this, though.
11-21-10, 03:33 PM   #4
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
I don't think there is but it's not hard to make one.

I borrowed the textures from that addon you mentioned and made a funny "splatter" health addon quite some time back. Never released it or anything but I guess you could look at this.

You will need to open the .lua file and edit it yourself... I kind of went overboard with the number of "splats" before i just trashed it

Compare the commented sane HealthIntervals (6x) to currently insane active (100) lol

Edit: I might have messed up when I coded that so it might create a new texture every time.. I don't remember, make sure you do not use it as it is!

Also included an image now.. Yes... bit insane with 100x textures (one per percent)

Attached Files
File Type: zip v6_SplatterHealth.zip (117.9 KB, 803 views)

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 11-21-10 at 03:45 PM.
11-21-10, 05:50 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There was an addon on curse called BloodyScreen iirc a long time ago. Not sure if it's been updated.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
11-21-10, 07:00 PM   #6
Gangbanger
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by sevti View Post
Power Auras has the Gears of War graphics that would come up as you were damaged and killed, so you could set that up to show when you're at low health and such.

I don't know of a separate addon intended for this, though.
Did not think of that. Even a nice heartbeat sound for when really low, but just messing around with it for a bit I couldn't get them to not overlap. As in I could set the health thresholds but the graphics would then overlap each other and it didn't look smooth.

Originally Posted by v6o View Post
I borrowed the textures from that addon you mentioned and made a funny "splatter" health addon quite some time back. Never released it or anything but I guess you could look at this.

You will need to open the .lua file and edit it yourself... I kind of went overboard with the number of "splats" before i just trashed it

Also included an image now.. Yes... bit insane with 100x textures (one per percent)
Hah, that is an insane amount of blood. As for editing .lua though I'm clueless and lazy.

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
There was an addon on curse called BloodyScreen iirc a long time ago. Not sure if it's been updated.
Yes, that's the one I mentioned in my OP. I'd love something similar only the splattering of blood when the player was crit'd against, or received large amounts of damage, et cetera.

Oh well, just thought I'd throw it out here. Going to see if I can get the GoW images on Power Auras to work right. It's not something really needed, just after playing so many FPS games with it I've become more used to that then checking my healthbar no matter where it is. And I did like that bloodyscreen effect back when.
11-21-10, 08:01 PM   #7
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Gangbanger View Post
Hah, that is an insane amount of blood. As for editing .lua though I'm clueless and lazy.
I'm working on an improved version with slash command options to change the amount and toggle display.
11-21-10, 09:24 PM   #8
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I finished a rewritten version of the code v6o posted. The default is set at 50 splatters, this can be changed through slash commands and are saved between sessions. You can also toggle the display on and off, this is saved too. I added a random rotation to each splatter to help make each one look more unique.

Type /splat for a message on how to use the slash commands.
SplatterHealth Usage:
/splatterhealth <options>
/splatter <options>
/splat <options>

set [number] - Set splatter count to [number].
test - Toggle test mode.
toggle - Toggles display of splatters.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-22-10 at 03:06 AM.
11-21-10, 11:30 PM   #9
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I wonder what this addon does to WoW's ESRB ratings
11-21-10, 11:57 PM   #10
Gangbanger
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I finished a rewritten version of the code v6o posted. The default is set at 50 splatters, this can be changed through slash commands and are saved between sessions. You can also toggle the display on and off, this is saved too. I added a random rotation to each splatter to help make each one look more unique.

Type /splat for a message on how to use the slash commands.

Awesome man, thanks.

Is it possible to only have it start after a certain threshold, such as 50%-75% or so perhaps?

Last edited by Gangbanger : 11-22-10 at 12:00 AM.
11-22-10, 03:05 AM   #11
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
"Game Experience May Change During Online Play"

Originally Posted by Gangbanger View Post
Is it possible to only have it start after a certain threshold, such as 50%-75% or so perhaps?
Sure, new version posted here. Default threshold is at 75%, this can be changed through the slash command system.

Slash options changed:
SplatterHealth Usage:
/splatterhealth <options>
/splatter <options>
/splat <options>

set count [number] - Set splatter count to [number].
set threshold [number] - Set display threshold to [number] percent. (1-100)
test - Toggle test mode.
toggle - Toggles display of splatters.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 09-23-12 at 04:27 PM.
11-22-10, 03:40 AM   #12
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
* mumbles something about AO (18+) addons *
11-22-10, 04:53 PM   #13
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
* mumbles something about AO (18+) addons *
I may have tried making a addon that made a bloodelf be the model... but the player model doesnt have a dancing sequence from what i could tell >.>

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FPS like Bloody screen