08-29-12, 02:45 PM   #281
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Very interesting overhaul of the UI. A very good attempt to improve it.

However, there's a lot more complexity. Parent/child relationships and all that. Will have a larger learning curve. But that's not really the largest issue, from what I can see . . .

The largest issue seems to be navigation. Navigation seems to be most of the design. Breadcrumbs at the top, strange tab-like things on the left and often an accordion UI in the current window. I see what you're trying to do, but I wonder if it could be done with less navigation elements. I'll have to think about it.

One feature I would like is a preview of the sounds when you add sounds to the aura.

08-29-12, 02:53 PM   #282
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
One feature I would like is a preview of the sounds when you add sounds to the aura.
There's a little horn looking icon on the left of the sound when you're picking one.

08-29-12, 03:16 PM   #283
Arzakohn
A Defias Bandit
Good evening, Apparently the earthgrab totem does not work either when we want to show that he is available. Maybe it is because of the talents seen that it replace another totem.

Good night.

08-29-12, 03:24 PM   #284
Adalace
A Murloc Raider

The one part of the new UI that I initially found to me most confusing was the accordion navigation. My suggestion to make this navigation more intuitive and noticeable is to add dropdown-style arrows or plus-signs next to each of the accordian headers. This makes it obvious to the user that the header can be clicked on to expand that section.

EDIT: I figured out the answer to my question below, so please feel free to disregard it. The answer was to scroll to the left in the Activation > Support Triggers accordion row. It is very easy to miss that little left arrow indicating that the Support Trigger type can be scrolled through left and right.

Now for an unrelated question: How do I set a timer to stay hidden until a specific amount of time remains on a buff/debuff? For example, I want a timer and graphic display to appear when the Vampiric Touch debuff on my target gets below 5 seconds duration remaining. I looked at the Custom Duration/Delay page, but I don't understand what anything on that page means.

Last edited by Adalace : 08-29-12 at 04:14 PM.

08-29-12, 03:31 PM   #285
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
It should be. It it not working properly?

As a note, it's a release candidate. Basically any features that are there should be fully functional - if they're not then I'll fix it.
I see checkboxes for the following:

Combat
Alive
In Vehicle
Mounted
In Raid
Is Group Leader
Is PvP Flagged
In Party
Is Raid Assist

Am I looking in the wrong place for the Resting trigger?

Last edited by Dalmasca1 : 08-29-12 at 03:43 PM.

08-29-12, 03:32 PM   #286
Adalace
A Murloc Raider

Internally it'd still use a number, I'd just need to do a name lookup from the number when dealing with the UI. It's something I'll consider.
"Name (#)" or something similar might be useful.

08-29-12, 03:43 PM   #287
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Power auras is starting to bug out. Was going fine until I tried to add a display to my morchok aura. And when I tried to add the timer display to a parent display for morchok it attached it to a different one. During this time, a stacks on one of my older displays changed it size on its own.

Here is a link to my save file, go to morchok one add add timer, then try to attach the timer to the morchok texture display, it shouldn't work.

I'm in a jam since I can't add more auras. Also the aura editor that picks a parent display looks like its bugging out as well. Scroll up and down the display boxes shift around.

Edit: I downloaded rc3 version. Bug still persists though.

Edit:After going back to my other auras, it looks like a whole bunch of displays I made bugged out and all the work looks lost. Not sure how it happened

It possible me using an achor display in another aura may have caused the issue, so I removed it, looks like I still have my auras. But that was fairly nasty.

http://pastebin.com/xmHQaqZE

Last edited by galvin : 08-29-12 at 04:25 PM.

08-29-12, 04:15 PM   #288
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Working on this now, Blizzard's API is being weird though. UnitPower doesn't return fractional results for Burning Embers, it's always 0, 1, 2 or 3. Need to see how they're doing it...

Edit: Figured it out. It's absolutely horrible - they added a third argument (a boolean) to UnitPower/UnitPowerMax for returning the ACTUAL number of embers, ranging from 0 to 30. Without it, it just gives 0 to 3.
Ya, it's not pretty. So in RC2, I see that the browser now accepts decimal inputs for absolute values, but it still won't detect the fractional ember value from the API.

I'm basically just looking to make a text that will update with the numerical printout of of how many embers I currently have, out to the tenths digit. Maybe there's a better way for me to do this? Maybe I should write that as a stand-alone addon...

08-29-12, 04:20 PM   #289
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
Very interesting overhaul of the UI. A very good attempt to improve it.

However, there's a lot more complexity. Parent/child relationships and all that. Will have a larger learning curve. But that's not really the largest issue, from what I can see . . .

The largest issue seems to be navigation. Navigation seems to be most of the design. Breadcrumbs at the top, strange tab-like things on the left and often an accordion UI in the current window. I see what you're trying to do, but I wonder if it could be done with less navigation elements. I'll have to think about it.

Navigation is the biggest issue by a country mile. In fact, it spans galaxies. That's how big it is. The problem is I really, really, really hate scrollframes in WoW. They're a god damn nightmare and there's lovely bugs with them too - so I'm trying to avoid scrolling. I could keep the sidebar and breadcrumbs and drop the rest, but then there's the issue of either needing more pages (a bad idea), or needing scrollframes (a bad idea).

It's an area that needs improvement, but I've tried countless solutions and still not come up with something concrete that fixes everything.

Originally Posted by Arzakohn View Post
Good evening, Apparently the earthgrab totem does not work either when we want to show that he is available. Maybe it is because of the talents seen that it replace another totem.

Good night.
I'll take a look.

Originally Posted by Adalace View Post
The one part of the new UI that I initially found to me most confusing was the accordion navigation. My suggestion to make this navigation more intuitive and noticeable is to add dropdown-style arrows or plus-signs next to each of the accordian headers. This makes it obvious to the user that the header can be clicked on to expand that section.
I'll try and get it done now-ish.

Originally Posted by Adalace View Post
Now for an unrelated question: How do I set a timer to stay hidden until a specific amount of time remains on a buff/debuff? For example, I want a timer and graphic display to appear when the Vampiric Touch debuff on my target gets below 5 seconds duration remaining. I looked at the Custom Duration/Delay page, but I don't understand what anything on that page means.
There's a Support Trigger named 'Timer', set it up so that it tracks the Time Remaining at < 5.

I'm also going to make some navigational changes to that particular section, since clicking through the support triggers one by one completely sucks.

Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
Am I looking in the wrong place for the Resting trigger?
No, I'm just a dumbass and never included it in the UI. Fixed in the next release.

Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Power auras is starting to bug out. Was going fine until I tried to add a display to my morchok aura. And when I tried to add the timer display to a parent display for morchok it attached it to a different one. During this time, a stacks on one of my older displays changed it size on its own.

Here is a link to my save file, go to morchok one add add timer, then try to attach the timer to the morchok texture display, it shouldn't work.

I'm in a jam since I can't add more auras. Also the aura editor that picks a parent display looks like its bugging out as well. Scroll up and down the display boxes shift around.

Edit: I downloaded rc3 version. Bug still persists though.

http://pastebin.com/xmHQaqZE
That sounds awesomely bad. I'll take a look, thanks for the report.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-29-12 at 04:22 PM.

08-29-12, 04:21 PM   #290
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
Ya, it's not pretty. So in RC2, I see that the browser now accepts decimal inputs for absolute values, but it still won't detect the fractional ember value from the API.
Oh you just wanted the fractional value? I edited it so that it checks from 0-40, where 10/20/30/40 are whole embers.

Edit: I'm going to bed, so if I said I'd do something tonight then I kinda lied. Oh well!

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-29-12 at 04:24 PM.

08-29-12, 04:40 PM   #291
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Ok looks like using cross aura parent displays can cause some serious issues. Hopefully this will be possible cause it does make things easier for me if I can do this. When I do this the aura become unclickable on the screen when the editor is opened. You did warn earlier that using a display in another aura was buggy, but it was working fine for a while. But when I went past a certain amount of auras I guess it started to bug out.

08-29-12, 05:12 PM   #292
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh you just wanted the fractional value? I edited it so that it checks from 0-40, where 10/20/30/40 are whole embers.

Edit: I'm going to bed, so if I said I'd do something tonight then I kinda lied. Oh well!
Ya, that change sounds like it'll work. Is there any way for the text to update with the ember count or do I need to make one for each ember, 0-40?

Also, you are AWESOME! Thanks for all the work you've been pumping out lately!

08-29-12, 05:16 PM   #293
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
In version rc3 there is a bug with anchor point and relative point. Here is a screen shot.
In the screen shot the "16" should be inside the icon. Cause you taking the bottom right of the stacks display and anchoring it to the bottom right of the icon.

Whats its doing is taking the top left and anchoring it to the bottom right of the parent display.

Also scale is bugging out, when I go to some of my displays the stacks scale in test mode is not using
the scale I set and if I try to change it, it gets ignored. Reload Ui seems to fix it.

Sorry for all these posts. It looks like this is only a bug in the editor, when I actually test the aura its position is correct. So looks like I got trolled by the 20 pixel offset

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...ositionBug.jpg

The only real bugs i've come across is the parent display picker and sometimes a display scale gets ignored in test mode. I've fixed my setup and no longer using cross aura displays.

Last edited by galvin : 08-29-12 at 05:37 PM.

08-29-12, 05:53 PM   #294
judoka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is it possible to create an aura that will display with 2 conditions? For example, for a feral druid - How can I display rip if and only if I have 5 combo points as well as 50 energy?

I know how to each one individually, but how do I use 2 conditions?

08-29-12, 05:58 PM   #295
digitalghostify
A Defias Bandit
It's been a 'small' while in the making, and it involved a 'minor' change to the codebase, but YEEHAW! Public alpha quality release, yeah!

Link: Click me. No, seriously, do it.

Feedback/suggestions either go in this thread, or in the comments. I'll look at both, and ignore them just as equally <3
how do i get power auras to show when overpower is available? it doesnt give me a buff, just lights up when i can use the ability, so its not working with the buff section selected.

08-29-12, 05:59 PM   #296
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Ok I made another save file this one is good one for testing parent parent display picker.
Go to dragon soul - blackhorn. Then go to the W icon, then go to style positon and click on parent display.
You won't see the snow flake icon in the list. The first time you do this you'll see a blank window for parent displays, just scroll it and things show up.

This save file has no cross aura displays, but maybe cause I bugged out earlier my profile is corrupt. Which I hope not spent many hours setting this up.

http://pastebin.com/6qxrTGDQ

Last edited by galvin : 08-29-12 at 06:01 PM.

08-29-12, 06:01 PM   #297
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by judoka View Post
Is it possible to create an aura that will display with 2 conditions? For example, for a feral druid - How can I display rip if and only if I have 5 combo points as well as 50 energy?

I know how to each one individually, but how do I use 2 conditions?
When in the activation -page, you can select "Advanced Editor" from the bottom left corner and add multiple conditions for an aura with trigger operators. In your case, make one trigger to be combo points == 5 and the other one energy >=50, and make the trigger operations be 1&2 (unless you have player status as a trigger too, but you should get the idea)

Originally Posted by digitalghostify View Post
how do i get power auras to show when overpower is available? it doesnt give me a buff, just lights up when i can use the ability, so its not working with the buff section selected.
Make the main trigger "Spell Off Cooldown", type in Overpower and make sure "Usable" is checked.

Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Ok I made another save file this one is good one for testing parent parent display picker.
It's been said before that the dialog for picking a parent display is bugged, not all auras are showing and the grid is being populated weirdly when scrolled, and sometimes it's blank from the start. I'm sure it's on the to-fix list already

Last edited by Stabilo : 08-29-12 at 06:04 PM.

08-29-12, 06:03 PM   #298
judoka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
When in the activation -page, you can select "Advanced Editor" from the bottom left corner and add multiple conditions for an aura with trigger operators. In your case, make one trigger to be combo points == 5 and the other one energy >=50, and make the trigger operations be 1&2 (unless you have player status as a trigger too, but you should get the idea)

Make the main trigger "Spell Off Cooldown", type in Overpower and make sure "Usable" is checked.
oh wow thanks! Time to play with this some more now lol.

08-29-12, 06:04 PM   #299
digitalghostify
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
i tried that, isnt working either

EDIT: jk.. its working now.. lol. thanks.

Last edited by digitalghostify : 08-29-12 at 06:08 PM.

08-29-12, 06:41 PM   #300
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
A quick fix to the parent display bug since its preventing me from making a new displays with timers and stacks. Is when you do add stack or add timer it automatically parents its self to the parent display. This way I don't need to use the parent display box for now.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0