12-08-10, 05:03 AM   #381
Bytales
A Murloc Raider
Heres how ive done it. One thing to note is that i will actualy be using in on 1080p screen, so there will be plenty room for the diablo interface to display at normal size.

12-09-10, 12:11 PM   #382
berkz
A Defias Bandit
Show / hide buttons based on wether debuff is on target or not?

Is it possible to control visibility of buttons on whether current target has a certain debuff or not?

I would like to hide the button when the debuff is on and then have it show up again when the debuff is no longer or target has switched. etc..

12-09-10, 12:31 PM   #383
anseloth
Coding Archmage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by berkz View Post
Is it possible to control visibility of buttons on whether current target has a certain debuff or not?

I would like to hide the button when the debuff is on and then have it show up again when the debuff is no longer or target has switched. etc..
i'd also like to know if this is feasible in Macaroon, i could use it a thousand different ways.

i DO know that the mod Mage Nuggets can detect what buffs the target has, and for mages, if the buff can be spellstolen, then it shows a small notification window, alert the mage of the buff to steal.

so, if we figure out how Mage Nuggets reads those buffs, maybe we can use a similar method here.

12-11-10, 09:16 AM   #384
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

I don't believe you can make a custom bar in macaroon to do that atm. but I am pretty certain if coded in to macaroon, have the addon look for events and when they trigger make Macaroon conditional for it true

not actual code, more a way of thinking
Code:
local buffdebuff = GetBuffName()
while buffdebuff == true do
  if M.CustomState = [buff:<buffdebuff>] then
    state [buff:<buffdebuff>] = true
    end
end
and thus enabling us with a buff/debuff state.

I am certain Macaroon can create it's own states and I'm also pretty sure Maul could write the code to have a gui for end user creation of Macaroon states.

Only trouble is time and if Blizz would allow it or not.

12-17-10, 12:31 PM   #385
Koibito
A Murloc Raider
I'm having a serious problem with Macaroon. I play a moonkin, and when I have macaroon enabled, and I go to cast Sunfire it says "Spell not learned" But if I disable it, Sunfire works fine.

12-17-10, 05:34 PM   #386
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Koibito View Post
I'm having a serious problem with Macaroon. I play a moonkin, and when I have macaroon enabled, and I go to cast Sunfire it says "Spell not learned" But if I disable it, Sunfire works fine.
Muazuz figured it out back in October:

Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
I found a simple way around this. I was using a Macro by default rather than an Action Id for my "Holy Word: Chastise".

To fix this, I enabled the Blizzard bar, added "Holy Word: Chastise" (e.g., in slot number 6 of bar 1). Then I hid the bar again. I then edited the button to use "action id:6" rather than "macro". When I did this, the button correctly changed spell while in different Chakra states.

I also tried fixing this using macros, but could not get it to work. But the approach I described will work great as long as you don't need to macro it.

and here is a link to the thread that post was from.

Last edited by anseloth : 12-17-10 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added a second link, and later changed the first link to a quote

12-17-10, 07:51 PM   #387
Koibito
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by anseloth View Post
Muazuz figured it out back in October:

and here is a link to the thread that post was from.
It didn't work for me when I attempted this.

12-17-10, 08:04 PM   #388
anseloth
Coding Archmage

It didn't work for me when I attempted this.
give me the play-by-play as to how it went, then.

i want to hear about how the setup went, and what happened when you tried to use it. what went wrong, what went right, and anything else.

12-18-10, 07:30 AM   #389
Koibito
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
I found a simple way around this. I was using a Macro by default rather than an Action Id for my "Holy Word: Chastise".

To fix this, I enabled the Blizzard bar, added "Holy Word: Chastise" (e.g., in slot number 6 of bar 1). Then I hid the bar again. I then edited the button to use "action id:6" rather than "macro". When I did this, the button correctly changed spell while in different Chakra states.

I also tried fixing this using macros, but could not get it to work. But the approach I described will work great as long as you don't need to macro it.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, Macros have always confused me.

For me, Moonfire/Sunfire is in slot number two so I made a macro that said /use action id:2

12-18-10, 07:45 AM   #390
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Maybe I am doing it wrong, Macros have always confused me.

For me, Moonfire/Sunfire is in slot number two so I made a macro that said /use action id:2
yes, that's not correct.

More simpel way to do it:
1; Go to button edit mode
2; Click button of your choice till it says actionID#
3; Go back to playing mode and redrag the spell from your spellbook to the button you just turned to an actionID one.

Now go play, cast moonfire/sunfire and have fun ^^

12-18-10, 08:15 AM   #391
Koibito
A Murloc Raider
YAY it worked!!! Thanks soooo much!!!

12-18-10, 01:04 PM   #392
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
yes, that's not correct.

3; Go back to playing mode and redrag the spell from your spellbook to the button you just turned to an actionID one.

oops, my bad.

YAY it worked!!! Thanks soooo much!!!
very glad to hear that method works for you, i had thought of that, i just thought it was too simple a fix for it to work.

now, though, i am figuratively beating myself over the head, i mean, why i don't remember the "Keep It Simple Stupid" principle 90% of the time, i'll never know.

12-19-10, 03:11 PM   #393
blademage727
A Fallenroot Satyr

Two questions: First one is about making a bar based on an idea I have. Hunters now have both the stance bar (for their aspects) and the pet bar. It's been ages since I've used the default blizzard interface, as I've had nUI for a while now, but at least with nUI, the pet bar is attached to the right end of the aspect bar when our pet is out. I have created a Macaroon bar that is set to have the five call pet skills when in the state "No Pet." I was wondering if there is a way to set that bar to dock to the right end of the aspect bar, so that it will appear to switch in and out with the actual pet bar depending on whether my pet is out or not.

Second question is in regard to the setup Bytales made for the Logitech G13 and Razer Naga. I was wondering if it can be made available in some way for others to download and use, as I have the Logitech G13 myself and am planning to get the Razer Naga soon, and it would be awesome to have that. If so, would the layout be somewhat scalable? I'd probably want to just have the G13 buttons on the left of my screen and the Razer Naga ones on the right, so I can keep the rest of my bars and all intact. And finally, if you could set it so only one is visible, that would be amazing, as I won't always want the Razer Naga one up.

12-19-10, 06:17 PM   #394
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by blademage727 View Post
Two questions: First one is about making a bar based on an idea I have. Hunters now have both the stance bar (for their aspects) and the pet bar. It's been ages since I've used the default blizzard interface, as I've had nUI for a while now, but at least with nUI, the pet bar is attached to the right end of the aspect bar when our pet is out. I have created a Macaroon bar that is set to have the five call pet skills when in the state "No Pet." I was wondering if there is a way to set that bar to dock to the right end of the aspect bar, so that it will appear to switch in and out with the actual pet bar depending on whether my pet is out or not.
Have you tried using the snap to option in bar edit? Set both the bars you want to have attached to eachother and then move them together.
If that wasn't what you wanted holla again.

Second question is in regard to the setup Bytales made for the Logitech G13 and Razer Naga. I was wondering if it can be made available in some way for others to download and use, as I have the Logitech G13 myself and am planning to get the Razer Naga soon, and it would be awesome to have that. If so, would the layout be somewhat scalable? I'd probably want to just have the G13 buttons on the left of my screen and the Razer Naga ones on the right, so I can keep the rest of my bars and all intact. And finally, if you could set it so only one is visible, that would be amazing, as I won't always want the Razer Naga one up.
You can either hide it completely with command: /mac hidden <MacaroonBarName>
Or make a macro with the same command to toggle it.
Or set it to AutoHide which makes it visible on mouseover.

As for the copy/downloading; depends on Bytales is willing to save the layout as a profile, preferably without ButtonData, and either send his saved vars for his profiles to you or upload them somewhere for you to download.
I would suggest he backs up his wtf folder and deletes any other Profiles he might have before copying the saved vars for the profile to an upload spot snd after that reverts back to the backuped wtf folder.

Scaling the bars would be using Macaroons scaleing in bar editor.

12-19-10, 06:47 PM   #395
blademage727
A Fallenroot Satyr

Have you tried using the snap to option in bar edit? Set both the bars you want to have attached to eachother and then move them together.
If that wasn't what you wanted holla again.
The bar I want to attach it to isn't made using Macaroon though. It's the stance/aura/shapeshift bar (the one from "nUI" for me, as I'm using that for my interface atm).

12-20-10, 01:28 AM   #396
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by blademage727 View Post
The bar I want to attach it to isn't made using Macaroon though. It's the stance/aura/shapeshift bar (the one from "nUI" for me, as I'm using that for my interface atm).
Ah, then I'm not sure how to make it work untill Maul gets the anchors up again.

Perhaps just make empty buttons in the no pet state so the length of the both states are the same. And then move it to where you want it.

12-23-10, 07:25 AM   #397
delvirtud
A Kobold Labourer
yes, that's not correct.

Would this same concept work for DK's Dark Simulacrum? Just curious. I am not where I can test it atm.
/ty

12-23-10, 07:43 AM   #398
Koibito
A Murloc Raider
yes, that's not correct.

As you can tell from above, this worked great. The problem that I have now with it is that even tho I changed it, and I saved the profile like that, when I switch specs, and switch back to moonkin, it goes back to it's original way, and I have to go back and change it each time. Is there a way to save it? It seems like saving it as a profile doesn't work.

12-23-10, 08:13 AM   #399
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

As you can tell from above, this worked great. The problem that I have now with it is that even tho I changed it, and I saved the profile like that, when I switch specs, and switch back to moonkin, it goes back to it's original way, and I have to go back and change it each time. Is there a way to save it? It seems like saving it as a profile doesn't work.

I'm guessing wildly here.
Try disabling profile switch and then save the profile.
Log out and back in or make a /reloadui before you enable profile switch agan.

If this works it might be the workaround for everyone having trouble saving profiles.

12-26-10, 03:45 PM   #400
baitzer
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by daeger View Post
/cast Bloodlust
/doafter Bloodlust:success:/dance

Chat outputs Bloodlust:/dance

???

Edit: I think this may be a new Macaroon Extensions bug, I don't know much about Lua coding but if I had to guess it stems from lines 1522 and 1523. If anyone can help please post!
I'm having the exact same issue

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread