Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-01-13, 08:35 AM   #1
Kaleesh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Trying to replace a default texture, not sure what's wrong

Alright, so I've been trying to replace the default CastingBar texture for the longest time.

I had it as a .tga for a while, which, when I logged in, did absolutely nothing. Now that I've converted it to a .blp, it's doing something, but that something is a big green rectangle.

Usually this happens when the size is not a power of 2, but the dimensions of the texture are correct- in fact, I extracted and edited the original CastingBar directly. The filename is correct. The directory seems to be correct. It's under-

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\CastingBar\UI-CastingBar-Border.blp
The only thing I can think of at this point is that perhaps the parameters within the .blp file are incorrect, maybe something to do with color mode or something? I don't know the proper terms, but... I did have to convert the file many times before I got it to .blp. Maybe something got screwed in translation?

Here's the file if you need to see it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kv6o9lbxo3bv3fk

I read somewhere in a thread from 2012 that sometimes textures need a toc file with them to work, but seeing as it's a default replacement, just like the AI-Art textures I'm using for the menu buttons are, it shouldn't need one. They work without it. If in fact it does need one, I'm not sure how to go about it.

Last edited by Kaleesh : 06-01-13 at 08:54 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Trying to replace a default texture, not sure what's wrong