06-28-05, 12:17 PM   #1
Samyr
A Defias Bandit
New Textures

I really like the idea of your mod and want to use it. However, as an undead character I'd like something other than griffons and lions. As an artist, I can create my own graphics, however, I'm not much of a coder. When working with other UIs in the past, I've simply repainted existing graphics and overwritten the files to replace them.

However, when I downloaded Diivskins, I couldn't recongnize what were graphic files and couldn't open them from photoshop. Can you please advise on how I could most easily draw new graphics and have them useful from diivskins?

Assuming that you do not mind this alteration of your work, I would be happy to send you a copy of the graphics I develop.

Thank you for your efforts on behalf of the WoW player community. 8)

Teh Samyr
06-28-05, 12:20 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
They are .blp files. You need a converter, to change them from .blp to .tga so PS can read them. You can find one here:

http://www.cosmosui.org/vjeux/

It's buggy, but it does work.

You don't have to convert the files back to .blp, WoW will read .tga just fine.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-28-05, 12:51 PM   #3
Samyr
A Defias Bandit
Thank you

Thank you very much for your fast reply. They all opened right up. I will post what I come up with in a few days after I've designed some undead buttons.

Teh Samyr
06-29-05, 02:19 PM   #4
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One thing I have noticed on vjeux's converters, if you keep the executable (the dealy you drag and drop on) in its own folder, and then place the files you are hoping to convert in the same directory, they tend to convert a lot more smoothly. I still get the inverted image from time to time, but noting unworkable.

I'm very much looking forward to what you come up with Samyr.

You probably figured this out already, but the "caps" and "bits" textures are set up in a 4 by 4 grid of 128 pixel tiles. If you get to monkeying with them at all, all the flip flopping is done with textcoords in the XML (edit: actually, in the lua, sorry). I don't recall the exact dimensions of the trays, but they should be relatively self explanitory. Again, the same texture is read both directions via the lua (edit) .

Last edited by diiverr : 06-29-05 at 02:32 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » New Textures