08-02-08, 04:44 PM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Error #134 Fatal Condition anyone know what this is or how I can investigate?

This afternoon WoW would suddenly crash and an error report would pop up to send to Blizzard. It mentioned Error #134 Fatal Condition 0x85100086, C:\program files\world of warcraft\wow.exe, failed to read data.

The only thing to have changed from the day before is I installed a new video card and played most of the day on Friday after with no problems.

Thanks for any input.

Bellator
08-02-08, 04:48 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
In case no one can help here, don't forget about Blizzard's own tech help forum.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-02-08, 05:14 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.google.com/search?q=134+F...ient=firefox-a

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-04-08, 04:24 PM   #4
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

No success

Thanks for the input guys but no success. I've tried everything that Blizzard tech support says I should do. Tried several of the corrections posted on several boards, still no luck. Did a complete uninstall of WoW, deleted the folders, did a defrag of the drive, reinstalled WoW and 5 seconds after entering the game Bang! Pops back to the desktop with the same error. I give up, got no idea where to go next.

Anyway thanks again for you help.

Bellator
08-04-08, 04:38 PM   #5
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

134 if I remember correctly is a Windows error... you get a blue screen with a lot of numbers and info right? I'd suggest you remove your video card from the slot and reinsert it (system powered off of course :P). Then go to the website for the manufacturer of your video card and download the latest driver. If you find you have the latest already, uninstall it completely and reinstall it (that is if the reinstallation of the card didn't solve the issue already).
08-05-08, 08:23 AM   #6
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

If you just installed a new video card, it most likely is an issue with some graphics not rendering properly on the new hardware. It can be just one texture crashing which is why it would seem to happen randomly after a while.

Anyway if you already updated all your drivers to the latest versions, what you can try to do is switch from DirectX to OpenGL. Like it was mentioned on the WoW forums thread, you would have to add or modify this in your Config.wtf:
Code:
SET gxAPI "opengl"
Remove your Cache folder also.

If you already tried that then not sure what you can do indeed...
08-05-08, 04:35 PM   #7
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

This solved the problem and I can't believe it

As I said I was just going to give up, new card everything working great then bamm this problem. Was pulling my hair out so guess what it was? The install program from ATI showed there was 2 video cards in my computer with 1024 memory! Yep, I found a post on a site mentioning if you check your ATI catylst program sometimes it will say you have tantum video cards. Now windows doesnt see it, nor device manager, dxdiag only in the ATI program. I am not a computer wiz but I am guessing somehow WoW was seeing this and crashing not sure. I uninstalled the ATI card, put in a new Geoforce, and everything is working fine, no more crashes, "holding my fingers still crossed" Was just in the game for 10 minutes running around shatt, "still keeping fingers crossed".

Thanks again guys this is the best board out there for helpful people.

Bellator

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Error #134 Fatal Condition anyone know what this is or how I can investigate?