06-23-11, 02:40 AM   #1
Furycalls
A Defias Bandit
LF an addon that allows targeting marked targets

I had this idea about an addon, not sure if it exists already. tried to learn how to make an addon but that's not something for an idiot like me

this is how my idea was, whenever i mark a target (skull, cross.. etc) a unit frame pops up, kinda like set focus so i can easily target it later or during a pull, not necessarily me marking it. for example during a fight, DBM automatically marks targets and such, what i want is to easily target the marked asap.

another good idea is to have it attached to set focus itself.

yet another good idea, to be able to see buffs AND debuffs on that marked target, like CC's for debuff or any other buff on that target.

if this kinda addon doesn't exist already, would love to have someone make it and i don't mind getting some credit for it
06-23-11, 06:10 AM   #2
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Precisely because addons like DBM are able to set raid marks without player interaction, you won't be able to target based on raid marks while in combat.

The best you can really do is get a set of unit frames that display the raid mark of your raid members' targets, and hope they're targeting what you want to target.
06-23-11, 08:54 AM   #3
Furycalls
A Defias Bandit
i want to take your advice and try what u just said, but i don't get it i mean how do i get a set of unit frames?
06-23-11, 10:09 AM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Furycalls, here's what he said, in "simpler" form.

1) What you want, specifically, isn't possible.

2) The "best option" for it is to use a Unit Frames Addon (Pitbull, StUF, etc), or a Raid Frames Addon, and set it to show Party Targets and Raid Targets as well, and make sure that the Party Targets and Raid Targets are set to display Raid Icons. This way, if a person in your raid/party is targetting the marked mob, you can just click their target.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF an addon that allows targeting marked targets