05-11-06, 06:06 PM   #61
joshwill80
A Murloc Raider
keep tooltips on screen

i would like to see tipbuddy have the ability to keep all tooltips on screen. i currently use bongos and i have my menu bar in the bottom right corner of my screen. i also have a vertical bongos bar along the right side of my screen that i put macros on. both of these bars tooltips go off screen, even if i set non-unit tips to "smart" in tipbuddy options. i have to use tipster to keep these tooltips on screen. would be great if tipbuddy had this tipster type functionality built into it.
05-12-06, 03:07 PM   #62
Valcris
A Murloc Raider

GEtting this error from last version on tooltip of loot assignment (need/greed):

\tipbuddy.lua:2499:usage:Gametooltip setpoint[point, frame] "realtive point" [offsetx, ofset y]

more or less
05-13-06, 10:22 AM   #63
SanDmaN
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by Valcris
GEtting this error from last version on tooltip of loot assignment (need/greed):

\tipbuddy.lua:2499:usage:Gametooltip setpoint[point, frame] "realtive point" [offsetx, ofset y]

more or less
I get the same error... .
05-13-06, 10:30 AM   #64
Iceroth
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Valcris
I get that only when I hover the mouse over the [x] button:

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/ima...0ae026db41.jpg
05-13-06, 08:17 PM   #65
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey guys, that Setpoint error should be fixed in the new version once it is approved.

Also, most reports I am getting of double tooltips showing up are due to the user having another tooltip mod installed. If you have Gymnast, Tipster or ANY other tooltip positioning mod installed, please disable it. TipBuddy now does everything that these mods do and having it enabled will cause conflicts and bugs.

If you see two tooltips and don't know what other mods you have installed that might reposition the tooltip, disable ALL (that means every single one) of your mods and enable only TipBuddy. Log into the game and see if the double tooltips still show up. If not, enable each mod ONE BY ONE (this is very important) and when the double tooltip shows up, that is the mod that is causing the problem.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful bug reports and the continued support!
05-14-06, 03:18 AM   #66
Pester
A Cyclonian
I am receiving this error now when mousing over object.. blah blah tipbuddy.lua 2534: bad argument #1 to 'gsub'(string expected, got nil)

I imagine it has something to do with an informational addon which places crap in tooltips possibly?.. anyways.. great addon..
05-14-06, 07:38 AM   #67
Gamefaq
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

Same here:

Code:
Fehler:Interface\AddOns\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:2534: bad argument #1 to `gsub' (string expected, got nil)
05-14-06, 10:07 AM   #68
Iceroth
A Defias Bandit
With the new version, parts of some of the tooltips on equipment in Character window go outside of the screen from top. Rather annoying .

Another issue is with Tracking Information mod. Last version showed the tooltip in wrong place, new one doesn't show it at all.
05-14-06, 01:14 PM   #69
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

got this error, among others. Happens occasionally. occurs when mousing over items in bank window and rarely over items in bag. Using Bagnon, Banknon and KC_Forever.

Code:
Count: 6
Error: Interface\AddOns\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:2534: bad argument #1 to `gsub' (string expected, got nil)
Addtionally, there is no tooltip for items stored in the base bank slots ... it only shows tooltips for items in bank bags.

Discovered another trigger for this error. When hovering over the Quest Timer for a timed quest, I got this error:
Code:
Count: 4
Error: Interface\AddOns\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:2534: bad argument #1 to `gsub' (string expected, got nil)
--------------------------------------------------
Count: Infinite
Error: [string "ScriptErrorsScrollFrameOneText:OnTextChange..."]:9: attempt to index local `scrollBar' (a nil value)

Last edited by Aalwein : 05-14-06 at 05:28 PM.
05-15-06, 05:44 PM   #70
ObiWanQuixote
A Kobold Labourer
Adding lines to the tipbuddy tooltip

Prior to the release of a few days ago, I had no problem adding to the tipbuddy tooltip using the following code
Code:
function HookGTTShow()
   local lGameTooltipShow = GameTooltip.Show

function GameTooltip:Show()
        if ( MYCUSTOMLABEL_ENABLE ) then
            if (UnitExists("mouseover")) then 
                local name = UnitName("mouseover")
        		local note = myCustomLabels[name]
        		if (note) then 
        		    local add_note = true
                	for lineNum = 1, GameTooltip:NumLines() do
                		local lineText = getglobal("GameTooltipTextLeft"..lineNum):GetText()
                		if (lineText) then 
                			if (string.find(lineText, note)) then
                				add_note = false
                			end
                		end
                	end

if (add_note) then
                        GameTooltip:AddLine(note)
                    end
        	end
            end
        end
        lGameTooltipShow(self)
   end
end
Now it appears that TB is using... something other than a GameTooltip? I tried hooking the TipBuddy_ShowUnitTooltip function in a similar manner but no joy.

Any hint would be appreciated, chester.
05-15-06, 11:44 PM   #71
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Just to experiment, I rolled back one version (v2.203) and all my "gsub" errors stopped occuring... so it must be something you changed in v2.204 that is causing this error.
05-16-06, 02:02 AM   #72
dafire
Premium Member
I'll rollback after work since circ's targetz not longer showing its line in tooltips and I got the gsub error sometimes on loot window earlier mentioned.
05-16-06, 10:21 AM   #73
Geza
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am not quite sure what is causing the bugs i am experiencing, but I will try to detail as best I can. I have had this same problem with every version after 2.1(which is what I am currently using.) I play at work in between clients so I am often alt tabbing out and leaving the game running for extended periods. After a while, I get major tooltip errors. These include:
-the tooltip does not fade unless I mouse over an area of the screen that has another tooltip activator.
-the tooltip stacks multiple times with other items. ie.-it will keep everything on one tooltip and just add it to the bottom of the current box rather than disappearing and creating a new box.

These errors will continue to occur unless I log out. Reloading the UI and resetting the mod within the Tipbuddy gui do not help unfortunately. I have experienced this on the most recent version, 2.204.
06-23-06, 03:02 AM   #74
Marour
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

After Patch 1.11 I got 2 tooltips.
One of the ToolTip Addon.
And the normal one of World of Warcraft...
When I turn of the ToolTip addon I only got the WoW ToolTip normal again.
06-25-06, 03:52 AM   #75
Marour
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Pleas???
I mis this addon
06-25-06, 03:17 PM   #76
Marour
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thank For Updating Again!!!.....
06-25-06, 04:00 PM   #77
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Exclamation

New version of TipBuddy up! Please report bugs!

Thanks everyone for your help to keep TipBuddy updated when I am not around to fix it up. Special thanks to Quindo Ma for the work he has been putting in to help me out.

On a sadder note, I don't think I'll be able to support TipBuddy (or my other mods) nearly as much as I used to be able to. Since I think you all deserve prompt responses and quick updates, I've decided to step down from WoW mod development for awhile. It's been a lot of fun and all of you guys have been really supportive and helpful over the last 2 years or so.

What this means is that I'm going to start accepting requests for another mod author to take over development of my mods. If you are a mod author, are friendly and professional and wish to take over any of my mods, please email my at my gmail address with some short info about yourself and your previous mod experience. Since I want someone who can support the community and devote time to to this, serious inquiries only please.

I will continue to update as I can until mod author ownership has been transferred. Thanks everyone.
06-27-06, 11:30 AM   #78
Maischter
A Defias Bandit
Fehler:Interface\AddOns\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:2605: GameTooltip:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named 'Wardrobe_MainMenuFrameMoveDownButton'

wardrobe-al button tooltips..
08-15-06, 06:07 AM   #79
Marour
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Mouse over problem on target.

When I mouse over my selected target. (number 1 on the attachment) I dont get my ToolTip on the place where it should be... it shows up on the right bottum of my screen.. (number 2 on the attachment)

Anny idea what can couse this problem..

09-10-06, 10:28 PM   #80
Moonragond
A Kobold Labourer
Patch 1.12 xrealm battlegrounds

What do i need to change to see the server name of a player in a battleground?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » TipBuddy - Advanced configurable tooltips