06-02-09, 07:27 PM   #1
Saraeliz
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Wont install

I unzipped and extracted the file to my add on folder but carbonite still isn't installing before this it wouldn't update so I removed it completely but now I can't even get it back?

help?

06-02-09, 09:07 PM   #2
sabre3901
A Defias Bandit
Ok a couple of things..

1. You downloaded carb and unzipped it. There should be 5 items in total that you need to copy to your addon folder. 3 files and 2 readme documents.

2. The addon folder that the above 5 mentioned files should be (Windows xp users)
c: program files/word of warcraft/interface/addons

Only the 5 files should be placed in the addons folder. The game must not be running while you install the files. Make sure you have completely shut down thegame before you try to install any mod for wow.

3. When you log into Wow on the character selection screen look for the word addon (bottom left of screen) click on this word. A new window should appear, make sure you put a check in the box next to enable out of date addons. Then click ok and start the game. Carb should be running

06-02-09, 09:09 PM   #3
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Using Vista?

Make sure you have the right path.

You can just right click your WoW shortcut and select properties. It will have the correct path there. (I think Vista also has a option on a r-click to open the folder that the shortcut points to, I use XP so not to sure)

Once you have the correct download folder make sure you are extracting Carbonite correctly.

You should have 3 Carbonite Folders (Carbonite, CarboniteNodes and CarboniteTransfer) in your \interface\addons\ folder, the same folder with all those Blizzard_???? Folders. If you have anything different say something like "Carbonite-3.130" (with the above mentioned folders in it) then it is installed wrong.

Simplest way to install is to do this:
Download Carbonite and save to desktop.
Open the correct WoW addon folder.
Open the Carbonite file you saved to your desktop.
DRAG the Carbonite folders from the zip you just opened onto the addon folder and drop them there. Careful to not drop them on another folder.
Completely exit and restart WoW.

If you did have a Carbonite 3.130 folder you can safely delete that.

Hopefully this helps.

06-02-09, 09:36 PM   #4
Saraeliz
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

I did all those things that u 2 mentioned and it's not showing up in my add on's list in game although it's in my add on folder >.<

06-05-09, 02:36 PM   #5
pillsbury93
A Kobold Labourer
to those who replied to this, will these instructions work w/ WoW Matrix?

06-05-09, 02:51 PM   #6
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by pillsbury93 View Post
to those who replied to this, will these instructions work w/ WoW Matrix?
WoW Matrix has no impact on unzipping, so the procedure will work even if you have WoW Matrix installed.

06-06-09, 03:27 AM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Purely fyi, and please, no flaming... You won't be able to install the latest version of carbonite through wm because its only hosted on WoWI. WM has been (rightly so) blocked from downloading addons from this site and curse, the topic of which has been done to death in other threads.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Wont install