08-15-09, 11:26 AM   #21
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up

Right on man, I'm actually thinking of doing a major overhaul to my ui in a constant effort to trim the fat, but still keep it smexy.. Coming from a graphics background it's hard to not mind all the info laying around the edges, but from looking at other successful UIs and forums, "Less is More."

One of my favorite fonts which has that "mortician" feel to it is Cardinal if you wanna check it out.

note: To enhance performance, check the links in my UI description.

Last edited by Limb0 : 08-15-09 at 11:37 AM. Reason: ...added performance note
08-15-09, 12:26 PM   #22
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Nice font. Ill give it a go and see where i can put it to use.

As for performance. I run on the average 110 fps in old world and about 65 in northrend/outland.

My biggest issue is ping. The system graphically runs rather smooth with quite a few of the effects bumped up. If i could figure out how to get a better ping time im all over it hehe.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-15-09, 12:27 PM   #23
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Nice font. Ill give it a go and see where i can put it to use.

As for performance. I run on the average 110 fps in old world and about 65 in northrend/outland.

My biggest issue is ping. The system graphically runs rather smooth with quite a few of the effects bumped up. If i could figure out how to get a better ping time im all over it hehe.
Nice FPS. Mind if you share your specs?
08-15-09, 12:56 PM   #24
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
Nice FPS. Mind if you share your specs?
AMD Phenom(tm) 8750 Triple-Core Processor, 2400 Mhz
4gb DDR2 ram
Nvidia 8500gt w/1gb DDR2 ram
ASUS M3A76-Cm Motherboard
Window 7 RC Build 7100

My FPS has the potential to be higher but i wanted things like character detail maxed out. Spell effects are about half. View distance and object distance are about 2/3's of max. Rest is fairly low. Any of the special effects check boxes are turned off simply because i wasn't fond of the look hehe.

As a side note i did some research for my servers datacenter. I live in Oregon but my datacenter is in Boston. With speedtest.net tests i was averaging 102 ms to the test server in Boston. At the time the screen shots were taken my wife was also playing wow so 300 or so is the average when both of us are online tinkering around. Being that we wanted to make a gnome/dwarf guild on the server named for the home of the gnomes its a price im willing to pay. I have no troubles raiding so im not terribly worried about it.

I would imagine if i were to make a character on the Seattle datacenter servers my ping would be much lower.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-16-09, 06:56 AM   #25
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah, that's insane fps. Luckily I have no lag but my numbers sit around ~35.

The second "performance" link in my UI write up is for LeatrixLatencyFix, which I should've mentioned, but am a lazy gnome..

Last edited by Limb0 : 08-16-09 at 06:59 AM. Reason: ...wasn't speaking english
08-16-09, 12:45 PM   #26
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Yeah the fps boost whhen io rebuilt my computer was nice. I can move around dalaran nicely. I get my lowest fps there which is generally about 40. That general neighborhood for raids as well.

And I gave that fix a test run and it cut my latency in half. Down to 112MS at log in and about 150MS peak. Being that i really only do gaming on my machine its all good. Wasnt really experiencing lag before either. But im sure the lower ping will be nice during raids.

Thanks again =)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Marble Bar textures.