08-15-11, 01:06 PM   #1
darmoth
A Murloc Raider
Guild Raid Roll Tracker

Hi I can't find anything that will help with my guilds looting system so I am thinking I might need to create an addon myself, the problem is, I am a complete noob at this sort of thing.

The loot system

Everyone uses /roll 1 100 for there first item.

Once a player wins an item they then have to use /roll 1 50 until the raid resets.

What I want to acumplish is an addon that the raid leader can use to announce what is being rolled for and then collects and displays this information to the raid leader along with a list of players who already one an item in the current raid. I then want the raid leader to be able to print this information out in order of highest roll to lowest in /ra.

For the raid members I want them to be able to press 1 button (either part of the addon or a macro) that will check to see if they have won an item in the current raid, if they haven't it will do /roll 1 100 if they have it will do /roll 1 50, obviously for this to work they will have to have the addon installed.

I also want the addon to keep track of who wins what and have it exportable some how to then post on our forums.

Finally I don't want this to require everyone in the guild to have it, only as something optional for the guild; ie. a member who doesn't want to use the addon can still /roll 1 100 or 1 50 and the RL side of the addon will still collect and colate the data.

Is something like this possible?

I would write this myself but I am absolutely rubbish with LUA and XML.
08-21-11, 04:04 AM   #2
darmoth
A Murloc Raider
can anyone help me with this at all?
08-21-11, 10:37 AM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was trying to think of addons that would do this. the closest thing I can think of is kpug, it has some options similar to this, you may have to manually keep track of who has won with the 1/100 roll. My guild used to use it when we did r1 / r2 /r3 rolls. r1 roll being one you get 1 timer per raid reset, r2 being mainspec but unlimited per reset and r3 off spec.
08-21-11, 12:52 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can get close with Raid Roll (and maybe HeadCount2 as a complement although Raid Roll comes with its own rather simple loot tracker)

You'll have to explore the options to allow free rolls and such as the defaults will only accept 1-100 rolls.
08-21-11, 03:47 PM   #5
darmoth
A Murloc Raider
thanks guys, been waiting ages to find this sort of thing out

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild Raid Roll Tracker