03-13-16, 02:46 PM   #1
Purpleswag
A Murloc Raider
Looking for someone who can remake this old UI

Hello everyone, after 2 days of searching and trying to learn/recreate this beuty I simply can't with my skillset.

So I'm looking for someone who can re-do this UI: http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/vibridui

I'm simply in love with the glass borders and Unitframes!

Thanks everyone!
03-13-16, 04:40 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it was ever put up for download, you can probably get it and get away with updating the addons. As far as I can tell, almost all of them are still used. The ones that aren't still used, you will have to find a replacement for.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
03-14-16, 01:16 AM   #3
Purpleswag
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If it was ever put up for download, you can probably get it and get away with updating the addons. As far as I can tell, almost all of them are still used. The ones that aren't still used, you will have to find a replacement for.
Thanks for the answer, in all of my search The ui was nerver put up for download.
I know most of The addons still work, it is just that I cant configure them myself.

Thats why i am asking for help, i would also like to see If anyone has that glassborder or can make it
03-14-16, 02:24 PM   #4
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Purpleswag View Post
Thanks for the answer, in all of my search The ui was nerver put up for download.
I know most of The addons still work, it is just that I cant configure them myself.

Thats why i am asking for help, i would also like to see If anyone has that glassborder or can make it
My question is this: are you wanting someone to recreate the UI for you, or are you wanting to be walked through the process? The former would likely require someone who really likes the UI and would be willing to not only recreate it, but also maintain it.

Either way, here's some resources, and some tips:
I'm pretty sure this thread here on WOWI is about this UI.

In that thread, the OP has included a copy of a tga file of that glass border, or a similar one, that should be helpful in rebuilding this UI. I don't know where it came from, or if it would be kosher for use in a published UI, so it may need to be used as a guideline/example.

There's also a short thread on the WOW site's UI&Macro forum.

Personally, I'd say maybe try out SX Data Bar instead of something like Titanpanel, as it (imo) fits the look of the rest of the UI a little better "out of the box". Redleg said that since the picture he posted, he'd switched to StatBlockCore. I'm not as familiar with that one, so I'm not sure about its configuration possibilities, without checking it out.

The UI maker said his pitbull UF layout was heavily based on CaithUI. You could probably just as easily use another unit frame addon, as no matter which you choose, it's going to take some configuration work.

AZCastBar is the mentioned cast bar. Quartz might work just as well.

For the minimap, there are several addons that make a square minimap, and nearly all of them can be easily moved to that positioning. You can see minimap and map addons here. My personal favorite is PocketPlot, but DejaMinimap looks really nice.

Redleg said that "The fonts used are most definitely not the default Blizzard fonts," but doesn't specify what they are. I doubt alternatives or matches would be too difficult to find in most addon GUIs.

He said the action bar addon was Bartender.

ETA: You'll require a buff frame addon. I suggest looking through this section for options. My current favorite is PhanxBuffs. Looks like buffs are above the chat frames and debuffs are above the damage meters.

The list, as per his OP (to which I am adding links):
AzCastBar , Bartender4 , ButtonFacade , Deadly Boss Mods , kgPanels *, Omen Threat Meter*) , Pallypower *, Pitbull Unit Frames 4.0 * , Prat-3.0 , Recount , SatrinaBuffFrame** , Skinner* , TBag-Shefki , Tidy Plates *, TipTac , Titan Panel
* Seems to be no longer maintained on this site, will have to find elsewhere.
** No longer seems to be maintained, at all, even the people who picked it up stopped maintaining.

While some of these sections with the glass will likely still require a panel addon, some of these glass bits might be obtainable just in the addon settings for each UI component, assuming you place the glass file in a shared media folder.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 03-14-16 at 04:44 PM. Reason: hit =/= his; forgot a link; buff/debuff addons
03-15-16, 02:36 PM   #5
Purpleswag
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
My question is this: are you wanting someone to recreate the UI for you, or are you wanting to be walked through the process? The former would likely require someone who really likes the UI and would be willing to not only recreate it, but also maintain it.

Either way, here's some resources, and some tips:
I'm pretty sure this thread here on WOWI is about this UI.

In that thread, the OP has included a copy of a tga file of that glass border, or a similar one, that should be helpful in rebuilding this UI. I don't know where it came from, or if it would be kosher for use in a published UI, so it may need to be used as a guideline/example.

There's also a short thread on the WOW site's UI&Macro forum.

Personally, I'd say maybe try out SX Data Bar instead of something like Titanpanel, as it (imo) fits the look of the rest of the UI a little better "out of the box". Redleg said that since the picture he posted, he'd switched to StatBlockCore. I'm not as familiar with that one, so I'm not sure about its configuration possibilities, without checking it out.

The UI maker said his pitbull UF layout was heavily based on CaithUI. You could probably just as easily use another unit frame addon, as no matter which you choose, it's going to take some configuration work.

AZCastBar is the mentioned cast bar. Quartz might work just as well.

For the minimap, there are several addons that make a square minimap, and nearly all of them can be easily moved to that positioning. You can see minimap and map addons here. My personal favorite is PocketPlot, but DejaMinimap looks really nice.

Redleg said that "The fonts used are most definitely not the default Blizzard fonts," but doesn't specify what they are. I doubt alternatives or matches would be too difficult to find in most addon GUIs.

He said the action bar addon was Bartender.

ETA: You'll require a buff frame addon. I suggest looking through this section for options. My current favorite is PhanxBuffs. Looks like buffs are above the chat frames and debuffs are above the damage meters.

The list, as per his OP (to which I am adding links):

* Seems to be no longer maintained on this site, will have to find elsewhere.
** No longer seems to be maintained, at all, even the people who picked it up stopped maintaining.

While some of these sections with the glass will likely still require a panel addon, some of these glass bits might be obtainable just in the addon settings for each UI component, assuming you place the glass file in a shared media folder.
Wow! Awesome work, Thanks alot for your time of doing this!
I was kind of looking for someone who likes doing UI to do this for me and then I can try to maintain it myself, but with all this info i may try to recreate it myself but if someone is willing to help I would appreciate it alot!

Will take some time to learn all addons etc

Big thanks man!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for someone who can remake this old UI