07-17-12, 11:21 AM   #1
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Power Auras Classic 5.0

It's been a 'small' while in the making, and it involved a 'minor' change to the codebase, but YEEHAW! Public alpha quality release, yeah!

Link: Click me. No, seriously, do it.

Feedback/suggestions either go in this thread, or in the comments. I'll look at both, and ignore them just as equally <3

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-28-12 at 01:44 PM.

08-29-12, 05:19 AM   #2
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
Hello, I want to go ahead and ty for all the good work you've been doing with Power Auras, is prob my most favorite addon for raiding

I have a question, my main is a paladin and I've been trying to create an aura to show how many stacks of holy power I have, the texture display works perfect but the stack display isn't showing on the screen (I can see the texture but I can't see how many stacks of holy power I've got). Is this a bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'll try to explain how I set it up so you can have an idea of what I'm doing.

K for display #1 (texture) I've got:
Under Activation:
Stacks: >= 1
Player Status: Alive, In Combat

Main Trigger: Unit Power
Unit: Player
Value: 1
Operator: >=
Type: Holy Power

I selected the texture I liked and color but I don't think that's relevant to type here.

For display #2 (stacks) I've got:

Style:
Animations:
Sounds:
Actions:

I do not see an "activation" tab like under the texture and I pretty much didn't pick up an animation, sounds or actions for this display, only set up the style of the stacks number counter I wanted.

So that's pretty much it, if there's something I'm doing wrong, I apologize in advance and ask to please tell me where I'm wrong so I can fix it, and also if it's a bug or not implemented yet then please let me know

Thanks again for all the good work and hope to hear from ya soon!

08-29-12, 05:22 AM   #3
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Is the 'Absolute Values' checkbox checked? If it isn't, then it'll be doing the stacks check in terms of percentage - so if you had 2 out of 3 holy power then the stacks check would need to be set to >= 66 (as 2/3 is ~66.666%).

I'll double check that it's working correctly.

08-29-12, 05:24 AM   #4
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
Is the 'Absolute Values' checkbox checked? If it isn't, then it'll be doing the stacks check in terms of percentage - so if you had 2 out of 3 holy power then the stacks check would need to be set to >= 66 (as 2/3 is ~66.666%).

I'll double check that it's working correctly.

Yes, I just checked cuz I happen to be in game. The "Absolute Values" checkbox is checked.

08-29-12, 05:28 AM   #5
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's working perfectly fine here with Chi - Is the texture display overlapping the stacks one? It might be going on top of it and hiding it.

If it is, then under the Style section on the Stacks display, set the layer to a level higher than it currently is.

08-29-12, 05:33 AM   #6
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
It's working perfectly fine here with Chi - Is the texture display overlapping the stacks one? It might be going on top of it and hiding it.

If it is, then under the Style section on the Stacks display, set the layer to a level higher than it currently is.
I just checked that, the texture display layer is set to "low" and the one for the stacks was on low too, I just switched it to "high" and still is not showing me how many stacks I have. I also checked the "blend" drop menu and both are set to "default". Am I doing something wrong?

Btw, I forgot to mention that I'm not in Beta atm, I'm playing live. Sorry about that.

Last edited by kaelthas127 : 08-29-12 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Missed something

08-29-12, 05:58 PM   #7
digitalghostify
A Defias Bandit
It's been a 'small' while in the making, and it involved a 'minor' change to the codebase, but YEEHAW! Public alpha quality release, yeah!

Link: Click me. No, seriously, do it.

Feedback/suggestions either go in this thread, or in the comments. I'll look at both, and ignore them just as equally <3
how do i get power auras to show when overpower is available? it doesnt give me a buff, just lights up when i can use the ability, so its not working with the buff section selected.

07-17-12, 11:25 AM   #8
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
One more reserved post that I can use should something require it. If nothing does require it, then this post shall become neglected and will probably cry. In the event of crying, please offer this post some warm milk and cookies. Thank you.

07-17-12, 01:01 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/applause
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-12, 10:52 PM   #10
Gregity
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
One of my favorite addons

Great job on the tutorial, thanks for the update! Looking forward to the beta.

07-18-12, 09:18 PM   #11
Unkn
Premium Member

We really need some sort of upvote system here. I'd so give you some Meorawr.

Will a couple dancing bananas do?

07-19-12, 04:35 AM   #12
Quanee
A Defias Bandit
I love the new version but there's a small problem I'm trying to sort out for like an hour now, pretty much made account just to ask about it. Where do I enter a name of buff that is supposed to activate my aura/timer? You used HP level for example.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0