01-03-11, 08:35 AM   #1
Amrath
A Defias Bandit
Addons for a minimalistic UI

Hello. I'm French so my english is pretty bad but I hope you'll understand what I'm searching for.

Since 2 days, I'm testing different minimalistic UI like Tukui, Hydra and Elvui, which are really beautiful but really not easy to use and to modify. And they give me a lot of trouble changing all my options, my fonts, etc...

So I decided I would do my own UI by using only the addons I need. I would like to do something like Tukui :

What I need is addons for :
- The actions bars, I wish to do a 12x3 bars in the middle with a skin like in the screen. I also need the cooldown on the skill's button. The buffs buttons are great too but I don't know if I can do it with the same addon.
- An addon for the chat, I would like to make it ligher, like it was before Blizzard changed it. The chat on the screen I linked is great, I just want to seen what's written on it.
- And the last thing is an addon for moving my character and target bars, to change the skin. I would like to do something like the screen.

The problem is that Tukui is really great but impossible to customize, and there's too many gadgets I don't need and some size problems. So I'm searching for addons for the actions bars, the chat, the caracter bars, the buffs bars, and the map to do something like that. If you have any idea, it would really help me.

Thank you for reading and sorry again for my english !

Amrath
01-03-11, 08:55 AM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Tukui is not impossible to customize. The thing is, if you want light addons, like for the chat, then you're not going to get ingame configs. So you have to decide between user friendliness and lightness.
01-03-11, 09:20 AM   #3
Amrath
A Defias Bandit
Yes, I can customize it but to be able to do it, I have to learn enough and I would be able to create my own interface before being able to customize it

I really love Tukui skin, but there to much problem for me (all my options graphics and interface are set to default everytime I launch the game, I customized the action bars but couldn't manage to change the size (the bars are really tiny).

If I could change that, I would stay on Tukui, but there's so much to change and I can't do it since I don't know really much about interface. This is why I'm a just searching for addons where I can move, change the bars, in game and not by editing .lua files.

I just want to do something like that : http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw48111.jpg
And I want to move character, actions bars.
01-03-11, 10:35 AM   #4
Tincup
The Grumpy One

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Action Bars
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...BarStyler.html

Minimap
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-qMinimap.html

Unitfames
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9994-oUF.html You will need to pick a OUF style to suit your needs.

Chat
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PhanxChat.html

But I agree with Haleth. TukUI is high configurable, I have been using it for nearly 2 years now. But there are a few addons to get you started.
01-03-11, 10:35 AM   #5
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

For the action bars, I would suggest one of the following:
Don't know much for the character, but you could try an oUF layout.
01-03-11, 12:42 PM   #6
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

- The actions bars, I wish to do a 12x3 bars in the middle with a skin like in the screen. I also need the cooldown on the skill's button.
Bartender, Dominos // Actionbar
ButtonFacade // ButtonSkinning
-ButtonFacade - PixelSkin // Gives a nice... 1 pixel border.

The buffs buttons are great too but I don't know if I can do it with the same addon.
Satrina Buff Frames // buffs, pretty easy to use and configure until you get into filters @@

- An addon for the chat, I would like to make it ligher, like it was before Blizzard changed it. The chat on the screen I linked is great, I just want to seen what's written on it.
PhanxChat or try Chatter/Prat

- And the last thing is an addon for moving my character and target bars, to change the skin. I would like to do something like the screen.
There are tons of unit frame type addons; oUF, Stuf, SUnitFrames, xPerl, Pitbull, etc.

Hoped my list helped a lil

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addons for a minimalistic UI