08-27-12, 04:03 PM   #181
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Define 'do something else'. They should work, yes (I was testing them earlier in particular with the Timer/Stacks triggers).

08-27-12, 04:07 PM   #182
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Well I created an action for scale. But I don't see any way to set the scale, so I'm probably not understanding something. I only been playing around with 5.0 for 5 days or so.

I know you have actions for on show/hide/repeat. But I haven't found a way to do those types of things while the aura is active. Like say at less than 4 min I make the aura flash or spin, rotate, anything.

I already have a display for showing battle shout. So I added the action to this display.

08-27-12, 04:09 PM   #183
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Triggered animations are handled by the animation editor, but I removed advanced animations from the UI a few weeks ago and haven't had time to put them back in since.

For changing the scale, you should see a gear/cogwheel icon in the sequences pane at the bottom. Clickety click (it's a temporary thing).

08-27-12, 04:14 PM   #184
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Thanks, trying to learn how to use this addon, cause I know guildies that use 4.x are going to have tons of questions. And its nice to have someone that knows just enough to say hey do this and your aura will work.

Yeah got it working now. When do you plan on removing the [UL] tags?

08-27-12, 04:16 PM   #185
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm removing them whenever I see them, mostly.

PlayerState really needs them gone

08-27-12, 04:37 PM   #186
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
[18:32:26]: Failed to load Display 1: Dependency failed to load (Action 3).

Stack Trace:
Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Main.lua:483: in function `LogResourceMessage'
...nterface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Types\Displays\Loader.lua:196: in function `LoadDisplay'
Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Types\Auras\Loader.lua:9: in function `LoadAuras'
...nterface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Types\Profiles\Loader.lua:102: in function `LoadProfile'
Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Dispatcher.lua:1003: in function `SetEditMode'
...rface\AddOns\PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Workspace.lua:129: in function <...rface\AddOns\PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Workspace.lua:127>
[C]: in function `Hide'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2339: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2334>
[C]: in function `securecall'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2377: in function `CloseWindows'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2405: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2395>
[C]: in function `securecall'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3099: in function `ToggleGameMenu'
[string "TOGGLEGAMEMENU"]:1: in function <[string "TOGGLEGAMEMENU"]:1>

Locals:
None

I got this error when I created a new texture display then went to display > #3:texture > activation. This was my second display.

08-27-12, 08:29 PM   #187
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'll take a look whenever it is I wake up. Lots of things to get done before servers come up tomorrow, no idea what'll be done by then :\

If you want another release to test, go right ahead. Includes the UnitAuraType trigger too, and some bugfixes/optimisations for the editor.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-27-12 at 08:32 PM.

08-27-12, 09:14 PM   #188
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Tried that new release. Migrate almost worked.
Failed to upgrade 4.x auras (116/117)

08-28-12, 01:58 AM   #189
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I'm trying to have a display detect if my pet's ability is off cooldown as one of its triggers (Cauterize Master, in this case). As far as I can tell, it's not detecting them with Spell Off Cooldown.

When I change over to a spell of my own (Twilight Ward), it works fine.

Should I be using a different trigger type or do pet abilities just require different cooldown detection?

08-28-12, 03:37 AM   #190
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'll take a look, oddly enough it worked with hunter pets last time I checked.

In other news, I added a Scale slider back to the Texture display as requested. I'll also try merging the browser/editor as a 5.1 thing, I don't want to risk breaking it all at the moment.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-28-12 at 04:26 AM.

08-28-12, 06:58 AM   #191
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Please don't hate me for this:
First off, the plan is for a release to be done on the Wednesday, as opposed to today. Thursday also remains a possible date if last issue bugs crop up. The reason for the delay from today is that I simply have too much work to do at the moment to realistically get a stable release done by tonight.

In addition I'm based in the EU and we're currently unsure if the live build is different from the current beta build. While it may not seem like an issue, there have been various client crashing bugs which we'd like to check out before a release to see if certain things need disabling, or can be safely re-enabled. There will however be a beta release in the interim.

Next up, I've come to a decision that might annoy people: 4.x auras will NOT be upgraded to 5.0. While the code was somewhat implemented, there's a significant amount of issues which would, in the end, hold back the release. Some of these issues are just bugs, but some are due to the sheer number of design changes between the two versions.

I've weighed up how this change will affect people and came to the conclusion based upon the following:
  • A lot of class systems have changed in MoP, so auras relating to them would almost certainly need reconfiguring anyway. It's easier to start from scratch than dealing with a possibly broken and buggy upgrade system - one that could have silently crippled the aura in unknown ways.
  • Existing 4.x import strings are dated anyway, and are also subject to the above rule. Most of them wouldn't work as intended.
  • I don't have anywhere near enough test data to adequately feed to the system, and I don't have the time nor manpower to say 'this upgrade processed perfectly'.
  • There's no 1:1 mapping of old systems to new ones. Everything is trigger/action based under the hood, which made upgrades very difficult to process because everything was fairly static in the old version. Some settings might have been cut, and some may be missing.

I may revert this change in the future - what will happen is your current settings won't be deleted, they'll just be unused. That way if I do reimplement migration in the future, it'll work.

As for future releases, the plan is this:
  • Do a 5.0 release on the Wednesday or Thursday.
  • Collect feedback from users. I'm fully open and receptive to constructive feedback and criticism, and I'm more than happy to make changes and fix the issues as they come along. To do this however, I need open communication between myself and you. I'm not a mind reader, so stating the problem clearly and without frothing at the mouth is required for anything to be done about it.
  • Work on a 5.1 feature release, hopefully before the 25th of September. This will include some of the cut features like Tutorials, additional trigger and action types, etc. Any significant UI changes will be pushed to this release.

08-28-12, 08:31 AM   #192
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is Enemy Target no longer a Support Trigger you can set any more, or is that happening automatically internally, e.g if I set a debuff that can only be on an enemy target it knows that's how I want it to be used?

[edit]

Doesn't appear to be the case, I've created an aura that comes up if Serpent Sting isn't on my target, but when I cast Serpent Sting on my target the aura isn't going away.

[edit again]

Was my bad, worked it out now.

Last edited by Mikari : 08-28-12 at 08:35 AM.

08-28-12, 08:32 AM   #193
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's covered by the units option.

08-28-12, 08:47 AM   #194
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yeah managed to work that out eventually.

Is there any chance that the animation speed slider could have a maximum higher than 2? it's still fairly slow, also the animations don't appear to be very smooth, they were a lot smoother/faster on 4.x.

I'm using the zoom animation as start/end at the fastest speed, they judder quite a bit.

08-28-12, 08:51 AM   #195
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Animation juddering and whatnot is because Blizzard's animation system has been horribly buggy for a few patches now. Could have gotten worse on the beta, not really sure (it's also noticeably worse if your framerate jumps a lot).

I'm polishing the UI's up now with tooltips and stuff, I'll raise the cap and see about converting it to measure in seconds as opposed to 'speed'.

08-28-12, 09:23 AM   #196
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That would be cool, frame rate isn't an issue, my machine pretty much stays at my vsync cap of 60 fps on beta.

Also is there a way through the GUI to edit the icons used for the auras? I managed to do it by manually editing the saved variables LUA file, but can't seem to find where to change it in the GUI?

I'm talking about these.

Last edited by Mikari : 08-28-12 at 09:30 AM.

08-28-12, 10:08 AM   #197
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
You know those nine million things I need to do? That's one of them

Edit: Added it. You can enter a spell name or ID into a new field on the 'Edit Name' dialog and it'll use it as the icon.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-28-12 at 10:17 AM.

08-28-12, 10:48 AM   #198
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That was quick! I kind of feel sorry for you tomorrow, I'm guessing you're going to have a lot of people complaining, even though I think you've done very well to do pretty much a complete rewrite of a very complex addon in such a short period of time.

08-28-12, 10:53 AM   #199
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Honestly, I'm not sure how it'll be received. Most of the backlash was from the alpha development UI, there's still some going around but I've also seen it drop off significantly since then.

So long as they give constructive feedback about what needs changing, I'm all for it (within reason anyway). The trouble with being in this position is that I developed the system, therefore I know how the UI works inside and out - which makes me terrible for usability testing because I'm not a 'blank slate' as it were.

There'll be whiners, but I'm imagining most of it will be about migration being dropped and the general 'Y U CHANGE IT' crowd. The latter will never be pleased, so why bother, and the former I'm hoping will understand my reasoning for it.

I'm just hoping they post their feedback in comments/on the thread. It's hard for me to assess general opinion without knowing where they're posting their feedback - I'm not a mind reader after all

08-28-12, 11:51 AM   #200
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looks like 16016 is the final version for live btw, so same as the current beta build.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18191125

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0