08-28-12, 11:15 PM   #241
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Also, is the "Resting" player status support trigger implemented? I like to have some of my more static auras turned off in cities.

08-29-12, 02:26 AM   #242
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It should be. It it not working properly?

As a note, it's a release candidate. Basically any features that are there should be fully functional - if they're not then I'll fix it.

08-29-12, 05:19 AM   #243
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
Hello, I want to go ahead and ty for all the good work you've been doing with Power Auras, is prob my most favorite addon for raiding

I have a question, my main is a paladin and I've been trying to create an aura to show how many stacks of holy power I have, the texture display works perfect but the stack display isn't showing on the screen (I can see the texture but I can't see how many stacks of holy power I've got). Is this a bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'll try to explain how I set it up so you can have an idea of what I'm doing.

K for display #1 (texture) I've got:
Under Activation:
Stacks: >= 1
Player Status: Alive, In Combat

Main Trigger: Unit Power
Unit: Player
Value: 1
Operator: >=
Type: Holy Power

I selected the texture I liked and color but I don't think that's relevant to type here.

For display #2 (stacks) I've got:

Style:
Animations:
Sounds:
Actions:

I do not see an "activation" tab like under the texture and I pretty much didn't pick up an animation, sounds or actions for this display, only set up the style of the stacks number counter I wanted.

So that's pretty much it, if there's something I'm doing wrong, I apologize in advance and ask to please tell me where I'm wrong so I can fix it, and also if it's a bug or not implemented yet then please let me know

Thanks again for all the good work and hope to hear from ya soon!

08-29-12, 05:22 AM   #244
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Is the 'Absolute Values' checkbox checked? If it isn't, then it'll be doing the stacks check in terms of percentage - so if you had 2 out of 3 holy power then the stacks check would need to be set to >= 66 (as 2/3 is ~66.666%).

I'll double check that it's working correctly.

08-29-12, 05:24 AM   #245
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
Is the 'Absolute Values' checkbox checked? If it isn't, then it'll be doing the stacks check in terms of percentage - so if you had 2 out of 3 holy power then the stacks check would need to be set to >= 66 (as 2/3 is ~66.666%).

I'll double check that it's working correctly.

Yes, I just checked cuz I happen to be in game. The "Absolute Values" checkbox is checked.

08-29-12, 05:28 AM   #246
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's working perfectly fine here with Chi - Is the texture display overlapping the stacks one? It might be going on top of it and hiding it.

If it is, then under the Style section on the Stacks display, set the layer to a level higher than it currently is.

08-29-12, 05:33 AM   #247
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
It's working perfectly fine here with Chi - Is the texture display overlapping the stacks one? It might be going on top of it and hiding it.

If it is, then under the Style section on the Stacks display, set the layer to a level higher than it currently is.
I just checked that, the texture display layer is set to "low" and the one for the stacks was on low too, I just switched it to "high" and still is not showing me how many stacks I have. I also checked the "blend" drop menu and both are set to "default". Am I doing something wrong?

Btw, I forgot to mention that I'm not in Beta atm, I'm playing live. Sorry about that.

Last edited by kaelthas127 : 08-29-12 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Missed something

08-29-12, 05:41 AM   #248
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Just to confirm, these are the settings (Screen #1, Screen #2)? It's working fine for me here.

You've capitalised 'Player' in your example parameters, is it capitalised ingame? That would cause issues (it needs to be a lowercase unit ID, or it'll be treated as a player name).

08-29-12, 05:45 AM   #249
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
Yes, that's exactly how it looks on my screen, and "player" is not capitalized, I double checked that too.
My settings look exactly as the examples you just posted on screen 1 and 2

Btw, when I installed the addon, I didn't delete the folder of the old one (power auras) and didn't delete the wtf folder files for power auras, could that be the issue?

Last edited by kaelthas127 : 08-29-12 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something

08-29-12, 05:49 AM   #250
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Do a /powa debug, are there any error messages? Ones that can be safely ignored are the load time messages, and anything dealing with GetScreenEdgeDistance.

If there's anything else of note, click the copy button on that particular row (the page icon) and paste it here.

If there isn't, could you upload your saved variables somewhere (WTF\Account\<Account Name>\SavedVariables\PowerAuras.lua, can open it in notepad and paste the text onto Pastebin)?

Also one other thing, are you using RC 1 or RC 2? RC 1 had a bug with Unit Power/Health triggers that was fixed in #2. The easy way to spot the difference is that help text won't be present on the Support Triggers category on RC 1.

08-29-12, 06:00 AM   #251
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
I posted the lua thingy here http://pastebin.com/QM1K2t7C

And under Support Trigger when I mouse over the "Enable" checkbox and "Invert" I can see help text, when I mouse over the rest of the checkboxes, there isn't help text so I'm not sure if it's RC 1 or 2. Surely you can tell me that.

I did /powadebug but there's nothing on the window, so idk if there's something wrong.

08-29-12, 06:01 AM   #252
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Those are your per-character settings, I need the global ones

If there's absolutely nothing on the window, it's very likely that there's an error.

As for your current version, either:
1) Ingame run "/script print(PowerAuras.CurrentVersion)". If it's not "5.0.0.O" then it's RC 1.
2) Alternatively, check the Support Triggers category. See the text in this screenshot that says 'Showing Trigger: <trigger name>'? If that's not there, it's RC 1.

RC 2 can be downloaded here.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-29-12 at 06:05 AM.

08-29-12, 06:10 AM   #253
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
I ran the script, the version says: 5.0.0.N I ran the debug also, couldn't copy what it said for some reason, but I took a screenshot, I'll upload it in a moment just need to edit it.

08-29-12, 06:11 AM   #254
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Upgrade to RC 2 and see if it fixes the problem, since I did fix bugs with those triggers. Make sure you restart the client, otherwise it'll have the code for RC 2 but it'll still think it's on RC 1.

08-29-12, 06:18 AM   #255
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
Ok I'll download RC 2, just in case here is the Screenshot of the debug http://imgur.com/ctkHH also, do I need to delete the lua file? or just paste RC 2 over RC 1 and restart client?

08-29-12, 06:33 AM   #256
kaelthas127
A Murloc Raider
I think I found a solution, it's working now. I tried fighting after updating to RC 2 but the stacks number was still missing, so I did this:

I went under Display#2 > Stacks > Style

Then under "Parent Display" option, I clicked on the button next to it, and a window opened with 2 textures showing up, the Display 1 (texture for the aura), and the counter for the stacks number. I selected the stacks counter and accepted. After that I attacked the Target Dummy and the stacks showed up.

Thanks for all the help man, I really really appreciated it. And again, Thank you so much for your wonderful work with your addon, I've been using it for a bit now and my guildies started using it after I told them about it, we all love it

Have a good day and Thanks again!

08-29-12, 07:34 AM   #257
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
So, I figured out how to make a textual display indicating how many whole Burning Embers I have, but is there any way to detect how many fractions of an Ember -or "emberbits" as they've been called on the forums- I have?

Right now, I'm not able to input decimal values like "1.2" when I have "Absolute Values" checked for the resource monitor.
Working on this now, Blizzard's API is being weird though. UnitPower doesn't return fractional results for Burning Embers, it's always 0, 1, 2 or 3. Need to see how they're doing it...

Edit: Figured it out. It's absolutely horrible - they added a third argument (a boolean) to UnitPower/UnitPowerMax for returning the ACTUAL number of embers, ranging from 0 to 30. Without it, it just gives 0 to 3.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-29-12 at 07:56 AM.

08-29-12, 07:55 AM   #258
tehiche
A Defias Bandit
I can't seem to get an inverted debuff on target not show if I have no target.

What I want to do is have an aura showing if my debuff or DoT is not on the target and disappear when it is on. What I'm getting right now is that as soon as I drop target, it pops up again and I'm fairly sure this wasn't the case with 4.x.x

I may just be dumb and/or blind to miss a setting though since I'm used to the old ui!

EDIT: I can't seem to get checking for any mage bomb spell to work either, any suggestions? :<

Last edited by tehiche : 08-29-12 at 08:13 AM.

08-29-12, 08:17 AM   #259
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'll add back in a UnitExists trigger to the next release (it'll be under Support Triggers). Completely forgot about that, sorry.

The end result would be you'd have the buff/debuff aura, and a UnitExists support trigger to make sure that you have a target before allowing it to show. It's a bit of an extra hoop to jump through, but it's the cleanest solution.

Mage bomb as a buff/debuff aura, or as a cooldown aura? I'm investigating the latter.

08-29-12, 08:35 AM   #260
tehiche
A Defias Bandit
Much love, as long as it's in there I'll be happy

I was fiddling a bit with trying to get the addon to show an aura if my target did not have living bomb, frost bomb or nether vortex on, so I could freely swap between them and wouldn't need to disable auras on a per fight basis.

It's a minor quality of life thing, I just prefer to use power auras instead of timer addons. That, and it's pretty nice when tabbing around to see which of the mobs with the same name just lost his bomb!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0