08-29-12, 08:45 AM   #261
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bombs as UnitAura triggers work fine, it's just the UI kind of sucks in explaining how the matches work.

In short, you'll need two matches. Matches are basically combined as Or (|) checks, so we're looking for Frost Bomb or Living Bomb or Nether Tempest. I've rolled up the two bombs into a single match, and the second one covers Nether Tempest.

In 4.x the way you'd do this is by using / delimiters between the effect names, which don't work now (for various reasons). The advantage to using this is you can configure each match independently, so you could set it up so that it matches YOUR Living Bomb or ANYONE'S Nether Tempest - if you're weird like that

I'll add tooltips and help text to that part of the UI soon.

08-29-12, 08:47 AM   #262
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by tehiche View Post
Much love, as long as it's in there I'll be happy

I was fiddling a bit with trying to get the addon to show an aura if my target did not have living bomb, frost bomb or nether vortex on, so I could freely swap between them and wouldn't need to disable auras on a per fight basis.

It's a minor quality of life thing, I just prefer to use power auras instead of timer addons. That, and it's pretty nice when tabbing around to see which of the mobs with the same name just lost his bomb!
When you're putting up matches for an aura, in the dialog where you type in the buff/debuff name, there's a match list on the left side. Add a couple new matches for each debuff you want for the aura.

I use this to show either Revealing Strike (Combat) or Rupture (Assassination) on my target, to only have to work with 1 aura if I change specs etc.

08-29-12, 08:54 AM   #263
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
If anyone runs into issues with spell cooldown triggers not working for spells that replace other spells (Mage bombs in particular), uncheck the 'Known' checkbox. Seems to be an API bug with that option, in that it'll never say the spell has been learned.

08-29-12, 09:05 AM   #264
Jswinson2006
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up Icons

Is there a way to use the spell icons like in the last Power aura addon? I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks..

08-29-12, 09:05 AM   #265
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Yes, there is.

08-29-12, 09:15 AM   #266
Jswinson2006
A Defias Bandit
AWESOME! tysm.

08-29-12, 10:00 AM   #267
davesignal
A Kobold Labourer
I can't seem to get Power Auras to track when any of my Holy Words come off cooldown. Not even Chastise when I'm not in any Chakra state. What do?

08-29-12, 10:36 AM   #268
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
I can't seem to get Power Auras to track when any of my Holy Words come off cooldown. Not even Chastise when I'm not in any Chakra state. What do?
Making a display with
Activation:
Main Trigger: Spell Off Cooldown, Spell ID/Name: Holy Word: Chastise

pops up the aura every time my Chastise comes off cooldown.

08-29-12, 11:02 AM   #269
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
I'm going to have a big problem with screen space soon. The problem is when you edit, it shows every display. In the old power auras this wasn't a problem since only the aura you were working on was visible.

But in the new one having this function the same would be bad since my anchor auras would not be visible.

So it would have to work like this.
Show this display when editing this aura (meaning the aura the displays belong too)
This option gets overridden when you're editing the actual display.

This way when I'm in the editor I can decide which displays I need to see and don't see.

When I had 117 auras a ton of them shared the same space. This would be a nightmare in the new power auras.

08-29-12, 11:04 AM   #270
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
The show/hide toggle for the browser was always planned, I just never got around to it. I'll fix it soon, I promise

I might cheat and just make it show displays from the current aura. If I spend more than 5 minutes on a single thing I get about 20 minutes worth of comments to read, respond and potentially debug

08-29-12, 11:10 AM   #271
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Low priority bug: on-hide aura sounds play when you close the editor or when you log in:P (I'm doing my best to respond to people on Curse)

Last edited by Stabilo : 08-29-12 at 11:30 AM.

08-29-12, 11:30 AM   #272
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
The show/hide toggle for the browser was always planned, I just never got around to it. I'll fix it soon, I promise

I might cheat and just make it show displays from the current aura. If I spend more than 5 minutes on a single thing I get about 20 minutes worth of comments to read, respond and potentially debug
That would be fine if I was doing one display per aura. But for organizational reasons that's just not doable.
So if you can make it a toggle button I can easily switch on and off while editing would work fine.

08-29-12, 12:13 PM   #273
Arzakohn
A Defias Bandit
Hi all,

I have a problem i can't do an aura with Earthliving. I know it's a weapon enchant i write Earthliving in the main hand box but that do not work... With the other power aura i never have problem for that but...
If someone can tell me how to get what I want to do

Thanks.

08-29-12, 12:35 PM   #274
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
Low priority bug: on-hide aura sounds play when you close the editor or when you log in:P (I'm doing my best to respond to people on Curse)
You're just amazing. You know that?

Originally Posted by galvin View Post
That would be fine if I was doing one display per aura. But for organizational reasons that's just not doable.
So if you can make it a toggle button I can easily switch on and off while editing would work fine.
I'll do that eventually, I'm really strapped for time.

Originally Posted by Arzakohn View Post
Hi all,

I have a problem i can't do an aura with Earthliving. I know it's a weapon enchant i write Earthliving in the main hand box but that do not work... With the other power aura i never have problem for that but...
If someone can tell me how to get what I want to do

Thanks.
I've found the issue, fixing it now.

08-29-12, 12:38 PM   #275
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Another bug report, not really sure how to go about this so I'll just retrace my steps:

I have a bunch of cooldown displays "grouped" up depending what they're like, dps cooldowns in one bunch, defensive in one etc.

I was trying out some triggers to help people on curse, and made one of the auras hide 2 seconds before cooldown ending. Also made an action that would change the opacity of the icon when off cooldown, which doesn't make sense when it's not showing all. Anyway, deleted the action, disabled the time trigger, aura stopped showing.

Did various things to try and get it back, couldn't get it to show. Deleted the display to re-do it, which is when **** hit the fan. I've grouped up the display bunches with parent displays, and deleting one from between seems to have been a bad idea. Nothing that was parented to the deleted aura or anything "behind" that is showing up now, and I'm getting a LUA error.

Removing the parent info from any of the vanished auras doesn't bring them back, so I'm guessing it fubared something in the saved variables.

Message: ...nterface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Classes\Layouts\Fixed.lua:209: <unnamed>:SetPoint(): trying to anchor to itself
Time: 08/29/12 21:26:16
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: in function `SetPoint'
...nterface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Classes\Layouts\Fixed.lua:209: in function `PositionDisplayPreview'
...owerAurasOptions\Widgets\Editor\Displays\Preview.lua:352: in function `RefreshDisplay'
...owerAurasOptions\Widgets\Editor\Displays\Preview.lua:280: in function `AttachDisplay'
...rface\AddOns\PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Workspace.lua:87: in function `CreatePreviews'
...rface\AddOns\PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Workspace.lua:199: in function <...rface\AddOns\PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Workspace.lua:193>
[C]: in function `Show'
...rface\AddOns\PowerAurasOptions\Widgets\Workspace.lua:256: in function `Toggle'
Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Main.lua:673: in function `?'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4358: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4052: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4091: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4087>
[C]: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Edit Deleting all individual displays from the aura didn't get rid of the error, but deleting the entire aura did.

Last edited by Stabilo : 08-29-12 at 12:47 PM.

08-29-12, 12:52 PM   #276
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's because you've got a recursive set of parent displays. I've wrapped it in a pcall, if it fails then it'll print the message but position the display in the center of the screen.

I've also probably fixed that 20 pixel relative offset bug. Need to test though, which I'll do after my dinner (if I ever get to eat it, damn comments...)

08-29-12, 12:58 PM   #277
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
It's because you've got a recursive set of parent displays. I've wrapped it in a pcall, if it fails then it'll print the message but position the display in the center of the screen.

I've also probably fixed that 20 pixel relative offset bug. Need to test though, which I'll do after my dinner (if I ever get to eat it, damn comments...)
Either I did something incredibly stupid, or the positioning them to the middle of the screen failed, since I never saw those auras that were recursively parented after the one that I deleted. Maybe both :P.

08-29-12, 01:35 PM   #278
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
To be honest I skipped over the post and went straight to the error log, and just fixed that

And yes, relative positioning is fixed - just tested. Might put out RC 3 in a few hours.

08-29-12, 02:15 PM   #279
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
I don't expect to have this done now, but I'm posting before I forget.

A name for each display. Like I have 2 anchor displays, So I could call one "Raid Anchor" another "Player Anchor" these names would appear when you mouse over a display. Also having names makes it easier cause when you create a new buff/debuff display. Its icon doesn't change till the aura is triggered once. And even then some buffs use the same texture. So having names would go a long way in keeping this organized.

When you make a child display and anchor it to a parent, instead of showing a number. It would show the name of the display you anchored too.

Not sure if this makes a difficult cause if the user changes a name, then any child displays parent display would have to reflect the change as well. Where as the number is constant and will never change unless the display gets deleted.

08-29-12, 02:16 PM   #280
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Internally it'd still use a number, I'd just need to do a name lookup from the number when dealing with the UI. It's something I'll consider.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0