09-15-12, 10:15 AM   #421
TGulics
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Silvertaurus View Post
I know about that one 5.0 will force me to recreate all those 4.0 auras, however... and I'd really like to get a start on that now, rather than have to fiddle with it on or very close to Release Day.

09-18-12, 07:28 PM   #422
Strife777
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by TGulics View Post
I'd really like to get a start on that now, rather than have to fiddle with it on or very close to Release Day.
Indeed.
I'm using Powa as main addon for spell rotations and procs for all my 10 85 raiding characters, it would be great to start practicing the new UI and features on the alpha before MoP release date.
I saw the the video by Shanyn (well done!) and it teased me too much
No stupid complains. Only constructive feedback if you allow it. I promise

Thanks to all Power Aura team and keep up the good work.

09-21-12, 04:24 PM   #423
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Was wondering if you can give us another status update please

Thanks

09-24-12, 03:07 AM   #424
Ilze
A Defias Bandit
Thank you Meorawr and all the people who are building this amazing addon.

Thank you Shanyn for making that awesome guide. It really helped a lot to find my way through all the options.

I still have an old beta version but most aura's are working again.

The only thing I desperately want now is an export function so I ask that when you deem the addon is ready for the grand public, please dont forget this option.

cheers,
Ilze

-edit-
spelling

Last edited by Ilze : 09-24-12 at 03:41 AM.

09-24-12, 03:11 AM   #425
Silvertaurus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Did ver. 5.0 is still worked on "behind closed doors" ?
Any sources on internet previously avaible are now showing just 4.23.. leaving just few people with it who have been lucky enough to get it earlier

09-24-12, 10:17 AM   #426
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's being worked on, but extremely slowly. Have a lot of real life stuff going on at the moment (mostly job related - impossible deadlines and all that ), so I can't really dedicate as much time to the project as I'd like to I'm afraid.

Apologies for the slow responses by the way, 'minor' power issue for the past couple of days.

10-03-12, 01:25 AM   #427
Ilze
A Defias Bandit
any change of a new beta version?

if not, no worries. Just wondering (as I think everyone else checking here once a day in the hope of good news)

take care,
Ilze

ps. I rather wait and have a good addon then something that does not work well.

10-03-12, 03:59 PM   #428
albanesp
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
It's being worked on, but extremely slowly. Have a lot of real life stuff going on at the moment (mostly job related - impossible deadlines and all that ), so I can't really dedicate as much time to the project as I'd like to I'm afraid.

Apologies for the slow responses by the way, 'minor' power issue for the past couple of days.
Meorawr, I accidentally downloaded 4.x and now I am a sad panda. Any change you could put the 5.x download back somewhere? I loved the changes and I am an idiot for overriding them /sigh

10-03-12, 10:32 PM   #429
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
This is a working and small bug fixed power auras 5.0.
The bug fixed was supplied by the author a while back.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Powa5.0.zip (9.81 MB, 936 views)

10-04-12, 08:27 PM   #430
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Hey,
I'm guessing this has been asked/requested before, but is there any [plans to implement a] way to try an aura against more than one condition, without "combining" auras? For example if I'd want to activate if I don't have a certain buff and it's off cooldown, (is this specific case possible in some other way?) or a certain time remaining on the buff/cooldown.

10-05-12, 12:00 AM   #431
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
Hey,
I'm guessing this has been asked/requested before, but is there any [plans to implement a] way to try an aura against more than one condition, without "combining" auras? For example if I'd want to activate if I don't have a certain buff and it's off cooldown, (is this specific case possible in some other way?) or a certain time remaining on the buff/cooldown.
You would have to go into advanced edit mode. And add a trigger for each aura. Then test for all triggers to be true at the same time.

10-05-12, 12:42 AM   #432
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
For boss under unit. How does this work exactly?
It has boss 1 thru 5, so on a fight like spirit kings. And I wanted to see if a buff was on one of them I could use boss 1 thru 5, but how do I know which one to use?

Anyone have examples?

10-05-12, 01:04 AM   #433
Silvertaurus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
Hey,
The easy way to do this i to make 2 auras:
- buff check (make it 100% transparent)
- cooldown check

In cooldown display :
- go to activataion
- support triggers
- set it to 'Dispay State' (just on the right of 'Support Triggers' text)
- choose buff check display : shown

This way the 'cooldown check' aura will only display in condtions given by you.

10-05-12, 03:41 PM   #434
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
I'm hoping 5.1 comes out before heart of fear. It's really a lot of work to set up auras, and with parent display dialog bug just makes it worse.

Some work around I did. When adding a timer as a child display. I change the main texture to a symbol, so that way I can find it easy in the parent display dialog. Then change it back to use texture based on buff/debuff.

Anyway here is the latest error that I got when doing dailies.
434x PowerAuras-5.0.0.P\Classes\Displays\Timer.lua:37: TexCoord out of range
<in C code>
PowerAuras-5.0.0.P\Classes\Displays\Timer.lua:37: in function <PowerAuras\Classes\Displays\Timer.lua:31>
PowerAuras-5.0.0.P\Classes\Displays\Timer.lua:137: in function <PowerAuras\Classes\Displays\Timer.lua:125>

Locals:
texture = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
}
number = -1243478
leading = true
units = -8
tens = -124348

10-06-12, 08:45 PM   #435
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Detecting unit in a vehicle. Some mods do this wrong. The point of this option is that if you're controlling a vehicle then you don't have control of your normal character abilities, which means you want to hide certain auras that work off your abilities.

So in playerstate.lua line 88:
local UnitInVehicle = UnitInVehicle;

I changed this to
local UnitInVehicle = UnitHasVehicleUI;

The problem with UnitInVehicle is in some boss fights, my stuff disappears when I don't have a vehicle UI.
Like for example the gate of the setting sun when you do raigonn and do weak spot. You're in a vehicle but don't have vehicle UI. So UnitInVehicle returns true and your stuff disappears when you don't want it.

Last edited by galvin : 10-06-12 at 08:48 PM.

10-10-12, 04:45 PM   #436
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Does anyone know how the bosses section works for unit?
I really want to know how this part works, it may make things easier for watching buffs on bosses.

10-13-12, 08:15 PM   #437
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
So been around 3 weeks since an update on whats going on with 5.1. So whats going on?

10-15-12, 08:03 AM   #438
Rudaman
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by galvin View Post
So been around 3 weeks since an update on whats going on with 5.1. So whats going on?
Indeed. At least an update on state of the art.

10-31-12, 06:55 PM   #439
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Anyone else able to get boss targets to work?
Found under unit with activation. There is one called bosses. But this doesn't work. I have any checked off for bosses.

11-16-12, 02:35 AM   #440
Strife777
A Defias Bandit
Any status info?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0