07-26-05, 06:09 AM   #1
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
24 hour realm Maintenance List

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...tmp=1#post1803

This is a copy/paste from the realm status forums:

The following list of realms will be taken down tomorrow for a period of twenty-four hours starting at 5:00AM PDT. We realize that this is inconvenient; however, this downtime is necessary to address the recent issues adversely affecting performance for players on these realms. All World of Warcraft players on these realms will receive a one-day time extension for the downtime caused by this maintenance. All other realms will be brought back up at the normally scheduled time of 11:00AM. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Alleria
Blackhand
Blackrock
Cenarius
Deathwing
Destromath
Dethecus
Doomhammer
Frostwolf
Garona
Gorgonnash
Hellscream
Hyjal
Icecrown
Illidan
Kel'Thuzad
Kilrogg
Kil'Jaeden
Lightbringer
Ner'zhul
Proudmoore
Silver Hand
Spinebreaker
Stormreaver
Sargeras
Tichondrius
Uther
Whisperwind

Last edited by Inokis : 07-26-05 at 06:27 AM.
07-26-05, 12:12 PM   #2
mondoz
An Aku'mai Servant
I feel for the people who continue to play on those servers.
This isn't the first time I've seen some of those names on a 'special' list like this.
07-26-05, 12:27 PM   #3
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

dont fell sorry for them, feel sorry for the severs that are up.. Think where these people are going ?? To all the open servers.. So think of the lag everyone else is going to have now..

It's F**ked no matter what..

Last edited by tralkar : 07-26-05 at 12:29 PM.
07-26-05, 12:29 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Wow, thats a long time. I wonder what they are doing that requires 24hrs of downtime.
07-26-05, 12:34 PM   #5
mondoz
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dolby
Wow, thats a long time. I wonder what they are doing that requires 24hrs of downtime.
Lots of time for hardware maint...

Edit: Oooo Just thought of something.... Maybe that fair is coming.

dont fell sorry for them, feel sorry for the severs that are up.. Think where these people are going ?? To all the open servers.. So think of the lag everyone else is going to have now..
Maybe. But if they don't already have alts, they're not likely to do raids or instances. I could be wrong, but I've heard that's the sort of thing that generates a fair amount of aggro. I mean lag.

Last edited by mondoz : 07-26-05 at 12:55 PM.
07-26-05, 12:51 PM   #6
Random
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Bored - Waiting...

So when is this maitance supposed to be done? My server is Skullcrusher(not one of the 24hr ones). If I remember they are supposed to come back around 2-3 EST time, right?

So anyway, what are you all doing in the down time, I decided to update all my addons =P
07-26-05, 01:08 PM   #7
XeroKill
A Murloc Raider

I am on Blackhand and I can't even get the Server List to come up so I can try to play on another server. I don't know if this is the case for a lot of others, but I can't even make an alt.

07-26-05, 05:05 PM   #8
severyn
A Defias Bandit
Some suggestions for server upgrades

I am going nuts. I am on moonrunner (not on the maintenance list) and I am still down. So much for being live at the scheduled 2:00 PM EST (it is 7:00 PM now). I wish they had better communication about this stuff. If I just knew when the server would be back I wouldn't be hitting the server status page every 40 mins or so.

They really should have an email notification system for your server status. Poeple could subscribe to notifications of when the servers are going up or down.

A hot swap system wouldn't be a bad idea either. They could have a set of hot swap servers that could be updated while the current servers are still running. The hot swap system could then be rolled into production after minimal downtime for transfering the latest character data over. The hotswap computer then becomes the production server and the old production server is then used for hotswapping in the next system. Much less agrivation and downtime for the users.

Hopefully someone is listening to this.
07-26-05, 09:43 PM   #9
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

personally, I think it would have been better if they stored the characters on sep servers and they could then access any server that was up at the time. However this is nearly impossible to do after the fact. They didn't design with this server model so we're stuck with what they give us.
07-27-05, 03:16 AM   #10
dxanato
An Aku'mai Servant
Server

Main 60 is in Hellscream and for the past two week MC raid have crash us in mid Battle. A few time we were unable to summon player who were in the same instance. I was also has pretty bad lag inside MC. I hope that the 24 hour down time fix this issues.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » 24 hour realm Maintenance List