04-07-09, 06:20 PM   #1
Sondgerothja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just glad...

I'm just glad to see you guys still around and not stopping this amazing addon. You guys have made my leveling and quest grinding so much easier. I recommended your addon to almost everyone in my guild and quite a few out of guild when they asked "How do you know right where to go all the time?!?!". The amount of work that must have been poured into this addon is amazing, kudos to you guys for making a kick ass addon and sticking with it.

04-07-09, 06:23 PM   #2
Vinda
A Defias Bandit
/agreed

I'm hoping that the move to wowinterface is to help cut some of the costs of working on this mod too and that it works.

04-09-09, 09:18 AM   #3
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It's great to see Carbonite development continuing.

My hope is that donations are enough to fuel continued development for the remaining product life of World of Warcraft.

04-11-09, 04:38 AM   #4
Mittparadox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
this is my all time fave addon. keep up the good work

04-12-09, 03:06 PM   #5
thunndaar
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Sondgerothja View Post
I'm just glad to see you guys still around and not stopping this amazing addon. You guys have made my leveling and quest grinding so much easier. I recommended your addon to almost everyone in my guild and quite a few out of guild when they asked "How do you know right where to go all the time?!?!". The amount of work that must have been poured into this addon is amazing, kudos to you guys for making a kick ass addon and sticking with it.

what i'm happy about is now that it's donation only, i can give it to guildmembers and quest along with them.

i feel this will increase the amount of donations, perhaps even overshadow how much money subscriptions roped in.

04-13-09, 11:25 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by thunndaar View Post
what i'm happy about is now that it's donation only, i can give it to guildmembers and quest along with them.

i feel this will increase the amount of donations, perhaps even overshadow how much money subscriptions roped in.
Switching to donations has had some positives, like no more annoying validation and me not having to spend 1-3 hours 7 days a week just answering emails and managing accounts.

Carbonite Quest will be mostly broken by the 3.1 patch, so 100000+ people will be having to upgrade to Carbonite, so the public forums will be interesting I'm sure.

04-14-09, 10:09 AM   #7
Dabhaidh
A Defias Bandit

Thank foe a great addon

THANKS for a GREAT addon

04-14-09, 01:38 PM   #8
Bizurkur
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Dabhaidh View Post
THANKS for a GREAT addon

What he said

lol

04-14-09, 07:39 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My eyes are burning....
You're welcome.

Last edited by Haavok : 04-14-09 at 11:10 PM.

04-14-09, 09:38 PM   #10
biffb519
A Defias Bandit
Thanks! I don't care that I paid for something that went to freeware. What you guys provide is worth the money spent.

Looking forward to compatibility with the new patch so that I can actually play again though .

04-14-09, 10:59 PM   #11
DragoDeLune
A Defias Bandit
Talking

Originally Posted by Dabhaidh View Post
THANKS for a GREAT addon
Same for me and i hope you still update it and i wait and stick too this addon

04-15-09, 01:15 AM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by biffb519 View Post
Thanks! I don't care that I paid for something that went to freeware. What you guys provide is worth the money spent.

Looking forward to compatibility with the new patch so that I can actually play again though .
Besides this change:
"Fixed Carbonite map arrow not following player facing in patch 3.1."
and a possible error when entering Ulduar, I have not seen any other problems yet.

What problems are you having?

04-15-09, 05:32 AM   #13
biffb519
A Defias Bandit
honestly, I just didn't force it to load out of date addons...lol.

I'll try it now

04-15-09, 07:44 AM   #14
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

I've been having a few weird issues with Carbonite since the patch. The first, not sure if this is an issue or not, is when I was finally logged in and able to play instead of the solid blue and green blips on the map (party and guild) for other players I got the circle with a hole in it like the old questhelper blips used to look like. Not sure if this is intended or what. Also, when I went into VoA with a 25 man raid my instance map was just a big grey blob of nothing. Somehow I lost my instance map. Not sure if it was just this instance or not as I have yet to be able to get to another instance (didn't have the time to run more tests). Also, the little gold metal looking arrow on the edge of the minimap (representing party members out of range) was like 2-3 times normal size (was king of like the issue carbonite had with their player marker but just not quite that big).

I will try to get more info on all this and post screens but that will likely not happen until later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

On a side note, are there any plans on a quick update to make this addon not "out of date" with regards to the new patch?

<3 you addon and keep up the great work.

04-16-09, 02:25 AM   #15
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carb 3.1 is released and fixes several problems.

04-17-09, 04:11 AM   #16
Garonne
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm not sure when this problem started, but it seems that at least v3.1 (not v3.001) has a problem with the QuestWatch "Hide when in a raid" option.
I recently activated this option and realized, the QuestWatch would not hide on combat anymore... In fact, the window hides for a moment and reapears... The same is true when opening the Options and explicitly set the QuestWatch to hide... It hides and reapears.

Once I deactivated "Hide when in a raid" all was fine again.

04-18-09, 06:56 PM   #17
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hide in raid logic has not changed since it was originally added.

When on, the code constantly hides or shows the watch list based on if in a raid, which does override anything else.

I just changed it to only apply the hide/show when your "in raid" status changes.

These will be in next version:
Changed "Hide when in a raid group" to only do the hide/show when your "in raid" status changes.
Added alt left click of Carbonite minimap button to toggle the Watch List visibility.

04-18-09, 10:07 PM   #18
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by biffb519 View Post

I dis not care either .. actually I donated before a month or so BEFORE my original sub ran out .... and plan on continuing to donate on a constant basis.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Just glad...