11-04-09, 05:58 AM   #1
flappybird
A Murloc Raider
A few questions about map behavior.

I started using this addon for the re-sizable map with mining node info and the line to show where you've visited. I've managed to get that part set up pretty much perfectly but I'm having a hard time getting used to the way everything else works. I've spent some time reading this forum but I haven't been able to find any info on the following questions. They seem pretty basic. Am I missing a FAQ somewhere?

1. Is there any way to use the Blizzard default map art only?

2. When I have the map zoomed out (to a range wider than the current zone), it usually shows the zone I'm in and maybe one or two others around it. When I mouse over the space where the other zones are, they show but then disappear again once I mouse off of them. An example is flying from Wintergrasp to Dalaran; I like to zoom out far enough to see my destination on the map and Icecrown should show in that picture whether I'm actually in the zone or not. However, unless I mouse over it, there's just a black space there.

3. Is there a way to make the map open to the city you're in? It seems like I always have to zoom way in to see Dalaran. On that note; when in the city, is there a way to get rid of all the mailbox (and other) icons?

4. The merged minimap seems pretty neat but when it was merged, my round minimap disappeared from the bottom of the screen where it fits into my UI. Is there any way manipulate this behavior?

11-04-09, 08:52 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
1. Delete Carbonite
2. Not sure, but I think the black space means you haven't visited that zone.
3. Hm. Probably, but I don't know what it is.
4. When you merge the minimap, you move it from wherever it was to inside the carbonite map window. It can't be in two places at once. One thing you might do is put the minimized carbonite map where your minimap used to be. You might have to resize the minimized map to make it fit the space.

11-06-09, 04:44 AM   #3
flappybird
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
1. Delete Carbonite
2. Not sure, but I think the black space means you haven't visited that zone.
3. Hm. Probably, but I don't know what it is.
4. When you merge the minimap, you move it from wherever it was to inside the carbonite map window. It can't be in two places at once. One thing you might do is put the minimized carbonite map where your minimap used to be. You might have to resize the minimized map to make it fit the space.
1. Opposed to deleting carbonite, I was able to find an option that said something about "level of detail" maybe, that stopped that ugly "detailed" map from showing.

2. I found an option to set the "number of zones to show" or something like that. I increased it and helped but, I still have to mouse over each zone on the map before it is displayed.

3. I found this too. I forget what it's called but it's an option under one of the buttons in the bottom r/hand corner of the map.

4. I haven't been able to find a suitable solution to this but it's not a big deal anyway.

I'm not in front of WoW atm or I'd find the exact names of the options I changed. Anyway, hope this helps someone with the same questions.

11-18-09, 09:04 PM   #4
Yurkun
A Defias Bandit
1. Is there any way to use the Blizzard default map art only?
Options ->map->uncheck maximize carbonite map instead of opening normal map.

2. Dont know

3. 1st part I don't know. 2nd part Options ->map->uncheck show 'points of interest' map icons.

4. Don't know

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » A few questions about map behavior.