02-11-10, 07:33 PM   #21
skantasm
Premium Member
Premium Member
Same issue for about a week for two of my toons. If you bring up Blizzard's quest tracker by bypassing Carbonite via Alt+L it's missing the quests as well.

While I don't have the time and patience to trace down the addon that's causing it, what has worked for me is a simple ui reload after I login. From then on my quests show, and new ones are processed correctly.

I will keep watching this thread in case someone happens to find out what's causing it.

02-11-10, 08:59 PM   #22
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by skantasm View Post
Same issue for about a week for two of my toons. If you bring up Blizzard's quest tracker by bypassing Carbonite via Alt+L it's missing the quests as well.
That could be a game problem. If an addon messes up its own UI, it will normally not affect the game UI. Carbonite does not try to change the Blizzard quest log, but some addons do.

02-12-10, 06:11 AM   #23
Texafornian
A Defias Bandit
I am happy to report that I have resolved the my problem.

Removing the Carbonite.lua & CarboniteTransfer.lua files (and the .bak's) from my WTF\Account\Username\SavedVariables directory fixed all the problems I was having.

02-12-10, 04:22 PM   #24
LarryGatlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I also have been having the problem with quest log updating, both Blizzard and Carbonite. I have finally disable Carbonite, and the questlog updates normally. This only happen after the maintenance opps they did on Tuesday, so I would suspect they changed something, besides the problems with the LAG!

02-12-10, 11:21 PM   #25
mechro
A Kobold Labourer
Questlog and Carbonite

I can also verify that the conflict is between 3.3.2 and carbonite quest. It is "losing" the settings for track quest and auto update quest from wow's settings. Enabling these features with all addons enabled, then reloading ui disabled them. Disabling all addons, rechecking those options and reload again was fine, they stayed enabled. Enabling ONLY carbonite rechecking reloading again disabled them.

Hopefully it can be resolved with an updated carbonite quest module once the problem is found. I'd hate to have to go back to using the 4-5 addons carbonite replaced, you have a wonderful addon here, and I would like to thank you for the great work and dedication on it.

EDIT:
Ok, after having followed the advise of Texafornian above, removing the saved variables SEEMS to have worked for me as well. Only prob now is i have to remember all those settings i changed. SO, after some playing around (I noticed something and thought i'd try it), I moved the now fresh .lua and .bak to a new folder on desktop, then moved my OLD files back into /SavedVariables folder resetting the problem, then went into carbonites options, under Quest Watch, UNCHECKED the very last option of "Modify Game Objective Settings: Instant, No Autowatch". Again I checked the default wow settings, reload ui and they stayed checked. Tested it with A quest, and now SEEMS to be working as it should (pre 3.3.2). Ill edit again with a little further playtime and testing to see if it truly updates now as it should.

EDIT 2:
Ok, after having completed 5 quests in Zangamarsh, none of which were updated as they were turned in (often duplicating in my quest log as if i had just accepted the quest and not turned it in) I can say that with my OLD lua files the problem lies in the "Modify Game Objective Settings: Instant, No Autowatch". (see above). They now track as i gain items in multi-item quests, they update as they should, and the go away upon turn ins. I honestly don't know if this was a setting I checked playing with the settings, or if because I have Vista and it somehow checked itself (doubtful). I update my girlfriends addons and she has a pretty much identical carbonite setup as mine, yet shes not had a problem with this "bug" (or PEBKAC). So anyway.... check that setting eveyone with this issue, that is LIKELY the culprit. Although I'd like to point out Carb, that you said this addon doesnt hijack default settings yet thats exactly what that option does. You may want to remove it in a future release, just a thought... still thanks for one of THE BEST EVER addons for wow. Cheers mate!

Last edited by mechro : 02-13-10 at 12:53 AM. Reason: updating info

02-14-10, 07:54 AM   #26
Nausicä
A Kobold Labourer
Hello all,

I was getting the same problem and thought it might come from another addon messing up with Carbonite, but mechro's solution worked well for me too.

Thanks for the idea!

02-15-10, 08:09 PM   #27
rlp122
A Defias Bandit
Mechro's solution worked for my guild as well. Kudo's for figuring it out!

02-18-10, 01:18 AM   #28
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mechro View Post
Although I'd like to point out Carb, that you said this addon doesnt hijack default settings yet thats exactly what that option does. You may want to remove it in a future release, just a thought... still thanks for one of THE BEST EVER addons for wow. Cheers mate!
I was talking about changing the UI of the Blizzard Quest Log.

"Modify Game Objective Settings: Instant, No Autowatch" only changes 3 CVars:
"questFadingDisable" = 1
"autoQuestProgress" = 0
"autoQuestWatch" = 0

autoQuestProgress and autoQuestWatch just make then show on the Blizzard Watch List, when we only wanted it used for achievement tracking. Now that we show achievements, we hide their watch list, so they may not matter anymore. I don't know why they would break our auto watch and the quest logs unless Blizzard broke something. I have them turned off and have not seen a problem.

03-05-10, 12:52 PM   #29
Tequima
An Aku'mai Servant
Auto-hand-in?

Having resolved the issue on one char by resetting everything, it subsequently happened to a second character. It started to appear after I switched on auto-hand in when talking to NPC for the Thorium Brotherhood hand-in quests.

Fortunately this time, disabling Carbonite, exiting completely, logging the char and checking the log, exiting completely from WoW and starting wow, logging back in and enabling Carbonite seemed to fix it once I had turned auto-hand-in back off.

03-07-10, 04:03 PM   #30
Smarties
A Defias Bandit

I am getting this same error.

Restarting wow seems to fix it for a while.

Getting pretty annoying though.

Edit:

Have had to disabled it now, it's listing completed quests in the log, refusing to abandon them...

Don't realise how much you use carbonite until you disable it.

WTB fix.

Edit 2:

Even with the addon disabled it's still broken?

Last edited by Smarties : 03-07-10 at 04:39 PM.

03-07-10, 05:00 PM   #31
Smarties
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Kyrianna View Post
In addition to the problems mentioned above I'd also like to note that after getting the bug the quest tracker will not update whatsoever. The bug first appeared when I obtained the Alchemy quest to learn the Cardinal Ruby transmute if that helps you narrow it down any.
Same for me now I think about it.

03-08-10, 02:08 PM   #32
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Smarties View Post
Edit 2:

Even with the addon disabled it's still broken?
If you are seeing a problem and Carbonite is disabled, then I don't know how Carbonite could be causing it.

Have you disabled all addons and tried it? If it still happens with no addons, then it is probably a game bug.

I would try deleting the Cache folder, which will force the quests to be downloaded again from the server.

I would also try renaming WTF folder to WTFold and see what happens. That will force game and all addons to use default settings.

03-22-10, 08:40 AM   #33
Kushana
A Defias Bandit
Try disabling Ackis

In this thread:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....29753559&sid=1

users have identified Ackis Recipe List as a source of quest log update problems. I have had similar problems, but the quest log is bugged even without Carbonite enabled, so Carbonite seems an unlikely source.

Edit: I can confirm that Ackis was the cause of my problems too.

Last edited by Kushana : 03-26-10 at 01:36 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 3.3: Quest List does not get updated as I add new quests.