03-25-08, 10:27 AM   #1
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Patch 2.4 bugfix thread

Post problems you are having w/ the mazzifier and MazzleUI here. I will try to fix them as soon as possible.

If you get errors please list what you were doing and post the error message from the bugsack (it's on one of the FuBar bars at the top or bottom). If the error is during mazzificaion, the mazzification step it occurs in would be helpful. These are printed out to the chat window as they are performed.

A bunch of people have asked when a new release will be made. To answer, I will take a page from the Book of Blizzard(TM) and say, "When it's done." With the combat log changes came quite a bit more work than I had anticipated. At this time three mods need to have their configurations changed and Mazzifier code updated. This will take some time. For now, we can put out fires so MazzleUI is usable but after the fires are out theres a bunch of rebuilding to do so full functionality can be restored.

First... the CVar UnitNamePlayer was removed. Addition CVars were added to replace it and increase functionality. This creates an error on mazzification where UnitNamePlayer is not found.

Fix:
Full instructions here

Second... Combat Log changes... the second chat window (Private) is the only location for the new combat log and Simple Combat Log has not yet been updated. This will cause windows 6 adn 7 to be empty. Unless SCL is updated we will have to move some windows around and setup the new log, but for now I'm going to see if SCL gets updated. If not I will post code to mazzify the new log.

edit: SCL, it appears, will NOT be updated for patch 2.4 and the old combat log windows *will* remain mostly empty until a patch is made. (SCL still picks up loot messages) Due to the way the new combat log works the fix will involve placing a single window in the old windows' location, setting up appropriate filters and removing SCL.

Edit further: fire up WAU or JWoWUpdater and install CombatFilter. You'll have to set it up manually to send data to chat windows 6 and 7 using /cfilter for the time being. It's a pretty shiny (and almost transparent) replacement for SCL

Another Edit: If you remove SCL do not mazzify it. Uncheck the box to update it's settings on the last addon page of the mazzifier.

Third... Bongos3... Still working on it... It will take some more time but the new features in Bongos3 at least match the functionality of the Mazzle version of Bongos1. however I will have to change a couple functions w/in Bongos3 so we'll still have our own version of Bongos but the changes are far fewer and we should be able to easily implement them in the new and updated versions of Bongos3 as Tuller fixes bugs and things. for now it's also still in beta but I hope to have the mazzifier and Bongos3 ready for our purposes in the next week or two.

Fourth... Witchhunt... This is an error in !!MazzleUI_Preloader... for now disable witchunt... I need to poke through the code here to see what's going on... Turns out WitchHunt is dependant on the combat log. As such, it's been largely recoded. Good news is getting rid of the errors is easy. Bad news is: It will take me a while to straighten out all the changes and return it to it's former Mazzified look.

Temporary workaround to get rid of the errors is to remove or comment line 23 of !!MazzleUI_Preloader/!!MazzleUI_Preloader.toc (reads: Mods\WitchHunt.lua) or disable WitchHunt.

Fifth... Scrolling Combat Text... another combat log based mod... Options UI placed in new interface panel old options seem to have been lost. No erors (woot!!) but mazzification probably needs to be updated. For now any settings probably have to be done manually. If you disable SCL make sure you don't try to mazzify it, uncheck the setup box on he addon selection page of the mazzifier.

Sixth... Lightheaded/nQuestLog/Cartographer_Waypoints... these are listed together because the problems is a mix of all three... The added feature of being able to link quests caused LightHeaded to be largely recoded this is causing at least two problems:
1. nQuestLog no longer properly opens Lightheaded when you select a quest.
2. Lightheaded doesn't properly create a waypoint in cartographer when a location is clicked.

Temporary solution:
remove the .svn folder from the nQuestLog folder
make sure WAU or JWoWUpdater are set to not split addons (this was the part breaking cartographer)
update from wowace.com (JWoWUpdater or WAU)
set the frame anchor for the nquestlog minion to TOPLEFT using the icon in FuBar
reposition to the corner it was in manually

UPDATE: It seems mazzification for the new nQuestLog already works fine. Can someone verify this on a clean install?

Seventh... SuperInspect... Actually this has been broken for a long time (since 2.3 i think) due to +dmg being added to +heal gear. It's now even more broken and just plain doesn't work. I've heard Examiner is a good replacement for this mod. (I tried it out... Kinda shiny)

Eighth... TopScoreFu... Has not been updated for 2.4 yet... Don't know if it will...
EDIT: It was updated... should be working now

Ninth.... DUF.... If you are having issues mazzifying related to DUF look here for instructions to update DUF. This hasn't been fully vetted as a solution to all DUF problems but should work for those wanting to help test.

I'll try to get most of these rolled up into a workaround/fix patch file sometime this week.

Last edited by Aethenelle : 04-08-08 at 09:32 AM. Reason: update fixes
03-25-08, 10:36 AM   #2
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks for the updates !
03-25-08, 10:42 AM   #3
Rollered
A Murloc Raider
Nice work, good to see there is progress for fixes.
03-25-08, 10:50 AM   #4
alenda
A Cliff Giant

I found three instances of UnitPlayerName in the Mazzifier.lua, but I was wondering if it occured anywhere else? .lua's and linenumbers would be appreciated. ^^
03-25-08, 11:05 AM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not a MazzleUI user but I'm posting here to tell you that SCL will not be updated for 2.4,
as it has - in essence - been included to the default client.
03-25-08, 11:10 AM   #6
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I'm not a MazzleUI user but I'm posting here to tell you that SCL will not be updated for 2.4,
as it has - in essence - been included to the default client.
Good to know, I will work on moving window positions around and setting up the correct filters for the new combat log. I will say however that SCL did have one function over the new one in the default client: the ability to have more than one combat log window. (or at least thats how it worked on the test realm.. I'll check again once I can log into the new live servers)
03-25-08, 11:11 AM   #7
efface
A Murloc Raider
I agree, please include lines and file locations if you have a fix for a bug or even include a copy of the file. Will make compiling a 2.4 bug-fix pack easier.
03-25-08, 11:34 AM   #8
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by alenda View Post
I found three instances of UnitPlayerName in the Mazzifier.lua, but I was wondering if it occured anywhere else? .lua's and linenumbers would be appreciated. ^^
Mazzifier.lua around lines 387, 389, 409
Mazzifier_Configs.lua around lines 348, 3382
03-25-08, 11:48 AM   #9
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Can i run WAU tomorow.
And if i then aply these fixes , will the Mazzle UI work ?

Ofc exept the combat logs

- ViCi -
03-25-08, 11:51 AM   #10
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

No, Mazzle itself has to be updated, as would DUF I expect, neither are part of WAU.
03-25-08, 12:09 PM   #11
Crenthius_UB
A Fallenroot Satyr
Running wowaceupdater isnt a bad idea to update those ACE addons, but it wont magically fix all of mazzle. Some coding changes will have to be manually made unless you want to wait a few days for a patch compilation to be posted.
03-25-08, 12:35 PM   #12
bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
To summarize: Changes need to be made to the following files at the following lines.

Mazzifier.lua around lines 387, 389, 409
Mazzifier_Configs.lua around lines 348, 3382

Replace all lines that contain

SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer","1" or "0")

with the following:

SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyPlayerName", "1")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyPlayerName", "1")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyPetName", "1")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyCreationName", "1")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyPetName", "1")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyCreationName", "1")

If the number at the end is a 1 in the original UnitNamePlayer line, then use a 1; if it is 0, use a 0.

Use notepad to edit the file. Turn on the status bar in notepad to enable line numbers. Line numbers will change as you add lines. Begin with greatest line to be modified on each file to minimize confusion.

Hopefully, the rest of the fixes are this easy.

Also, in addition to SCL, Damage Meters is not being updated for 2.4. Suggest using Recount as replacement.

Last edited by bothersome : 03-25-08 at 12:37 PM.
03-25-08, 12:37 PM   #13
Llydapdicter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Crenthius_UB View Post
Running wowaceupdater isnt a bad idea to update those ACE addons, but it wont magically fix all of mazzle. Some coding changes will have to be manually made unless you want to wait a few days for a patch compilation to be posted.
May want to run JWowUpdater-1.87 as well.
03-25-08, 12:39 PM   #14
bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Llydapdicter View Post
May want to run JWowUpdater-1.87 as well.
If you run any other updaters than WAU, make sure you want and like and don't mind reconfiguring the new Autobar. It is completely different (read: easier to use, but very different from previous versions), but after some configuring it will work in the current position. WAU keeps this locked and doesn't update it.
03-25-08, 12:47 PM   #15
bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK. A few realms are back up! Just took a new toon & mazzified after making these changes! It worked!!!! No issues that stopped the show!!!

Fubar_SkillsPlusFu gives some errors, as does the updated recount and omen (needs AceHook-3.0), but omen is not part of Mazzle, so I call this a win! Fixed Omen by Installing Ace3.0 in WAU. Disabled SkillsPlusFu.

Edit: Just got another UnitNamePlayer error with FuBar_NameToggleFu. Guess they'll update sooner or later.

Last edited by bothersome : 03-25-08 at 12:59 PM.
03-25-08, 12:57 PM   #16
Crenthius_UB
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by bothersome View Post
OK. A few realms are back up! Just took a new toon & mazzified after making these changes! It worked!!!! No issues that stopped the show!!!

Fubar_SkillsPlusFu gives some errors, as does the updated recount and omen (needs AceHook-3.0), but omen is not part of Mazzle, so I call this a win!
There is already an updated Omen out. I saw it on patch.curse.com
03-25-08, 01:00 PM   #17
bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Crenthius_UB View Post
There is already an updated Omen out. I saw it on patch.curse.com
Yes, there is, and you can update it from WAU. But it'll error out unless you install Ace3.0 as well. For some reason choosing "Download Dependencies" in WAU does not install this.
03-25-08, 01:53 PM   #18
drdiesel
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by bothersome View Post
Yes, there is, and you can update it from WAU. But it'll error out unless you install Ace3.0 as well. For some reason choosing "Download Dependencies" in WAU does not install this.
Can you provide a link to Ace3? When I go to the WoW Ace site via the download link (http://www.wowace.com/wau/) I get version 1.9.45.718

And from the front page of WoW Ace they have a link to Ace2 (http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ace2), where's Ace3?

Found the page talking about Ace3 but no download link found.
http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ace3

Last edited by drdiesel : 03-25-08 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Found Ace3, but no DL link
03-25-08, 02:01 PM   #19
bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just used WAU and it showed Ace3 as one of the installable Ace add-ons. From the Omen site, it says it has been completely written for Ace3 as well, but you're right.... there is no page for it and even in WAU choosing Ace3 and selecting the Wiki shows the Ace2 page.
03-25-08, 02:07 PM   #20
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
codes

SetCVar("UnitNameOwn", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayerGuild", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayerPVPTitle", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNameNPC", "0")

So all the unit name player lines I just given there change it to the ones that were currently posted right? Just making sure don't want to screw anything up and have to do more work :P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread