12-28-08, 01:19 PM   #1
flappybird
A Murloc Raider
Need/Greed Monitor?

I'm looking for a mod that organizes and displays who has rolled need or greed on items; or something similar. Basically, I want to be able to see what everyone has rolled on items so I know whether to roll need to DE or pass if somone needed.

Does anything like this exist? I've been looking around for a while and all I can find are /roll monitors.
12-28-08, 02:15 PM   #2
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're DEing, roll greed. Problem solved.
12-28-08, 02:18 PM   #3
flappybird
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by rvalarian View Post
in game chat options allow the display of need/greed/pass rolls as they happen if you have your chat window set up to display loot items. you do not really need an addon for this. just right click on the window tab and select settings. in the "other" section select "item loot". everything you or anyone else picks up, will then show in your chat window as well as need/greed/pass rolls.
Right, that's the way I've got it now. The problem is; it becomes annoying to keep track of everything when 10/25 people all start rolling on 3-5 items, all at different times. To make it even more complicated, I don't have a lot of available real estate for chat boxes.

The addon I'm visualizing consists of a window that shows the icons and/or names for the items being rolled on with columns for "Need", "Greed", and "Pass" and shows the number of people that have done each.

It's not a huge deal, I mean, between vent and master looting, I can keep track of it fine. It would just be nice to have some visual confirmation for those times that we leave it on free rolls.
12-28-08, 02:18 PM   #4
flappybird
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
If you're DEing, roll greed. Problem solved.
We usually roll greed for off-spec.
12-28-08, 02:36 PM   #5
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Perhaps you could set up a chat window which only display the loot rolls, and place it at the spot where Omen usually sits. Then set Omen to not show in combat (default) and you have a nice little box that only shows info when rolls are happening
12-28-08, 09:27 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Teksloot has a small feature built in to the roll buttons on the loot frame that when you mouse over them itll tell you who rolled what. It also has a count of how many people rolled each type, be it need greed or pass. The frames are based off Xloot so they are low profile and easily moveable. I use them myself and its very handy.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-30-08, 11:37 AM   #7
flappybird
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Teksloot has a small feature built in to the roll buttons on the loot frame that when you mouse over them itll tell you who rolled what. It also has a count of how many people rolled each type, be it need greed or pass. The frames are based off Xloot so they are low profile and easily moveable. I use them myself and its very handy.
I grabbed this yesterday but I haven't had a chance to try it out. It sounds like it should do what I need. Thanks for the suggestion.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need/Greed Monitor?