08-05-16, 08:29 AM   #1
Dromboarstag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Map Sizing

I just finally got the new build installed, resolved the lag issue, and now... can't get my maps to resize. I have not integrated it into the Blizz mini map because it's just my preferred set up and up until now it's worked. Anyway I digress... Can't get the Carbonite mini-map to zoom all the way in and same with the big map.

I was in UC and I'd almost see it when the map would zoom back out and not because I told it to. I was just clicking +.

Any help or suggestions?

Screencap: http://imgur.com/RDmNuLf
08-05-16, 09:05 AM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Have you tried using your mouse scroll wheel. That is the way I have always used to zoom in and out..

Thrumbar

Originally Posted by Dromboarstag View Post
I just finally got the new build installed, resolved the lag issue, and now... can't get my maps to resize. I have not integrated it into the Blizz mini map because it's just my preferred set up and up until now it's worked. Anyway I digress... Can't get the Carbonite mini-map to zoom all the way in and same with the big map.

I was in UC and I'd almost see it when the map would zoom back out and not because I told it to. I was just clicking +.

Any help or suggestions?

Screencap: http://imgur.com/RDmNuLf
08-05-16, 12:08 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can also hit the "auto-track" button (the purple one on the quest watch header) and then just move. I know this sounds ..... off, but, it's saved my bacon pretty often.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
08-06-16, 01:49 AM   #4
Dromboarstag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Thrumbar View Post
Have you tried using your mouse scroll wheel. That is the way I have always used to zoom in and out..

Thrumbar

I use a tracball mouse....( hard to explain so here is what it looks like: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...&skuId=8987581 ) . It doesn't scroll a page, just moves my cursor. I have arthritis and have found it's the best for my hands.

Will try the auto-tracking thing...
08-08-16, 07:31 PM   #5
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Dromboarstag View Post
I use a tracball mouse....( hard to explain so here is what it looks like: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...&skuId=8987581 ) . It doesn't scroll a page, just moves my cursor. I have arthritis and have found it's the best for my hands.

Will try the auto-tracking thing...
I did some searching to see what I can find that may help you with your scrolling issue since your mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel.

Here is a link to a page for Windows 7 that has several suggestions. Even though it is a Windows 7 based forum, any of the suggestions should also work with 8 and 10 as well.

http://superuser.com/questions/30366...heel-trackball

Also, I think somewhere on your map at the bottom right there is a bar that has plus and minus symbols you can click for zooming in and out.

Another thing you can try is to left or right click and hold anywhere on the map (or the location you want to zoom in) and move the wheel to see if that works.

I hope this helps.
08-09-16, 07:06 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you use the SetPoint software from Logitech? I don't have any idea what is going on with trackball type mice or what software they use, but, I got the impression from looking at their website that SetPoint does something to "enhance" the scrolling functionality with trackballs that use the software. Perhaps there is a way to scroll with the trackball?? I don't know, and my "search-fu", I'm afraid, is abysmal (at best).

EDIT Well, I checked out the link in JWMcQuire's post finally, and I've got to admit (not that hard to do since I suck at searching) that they give some ........ interesting solutions. BUT - at least the link gives solutions! ;^] /EDIT

EDIT 2 I found this REVIEW that you might find helpful since it mentions scrolling specifically. And it's for the mouse that you linked. /EDIT 2

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-09-16 at 08:07 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Map Sizing