04-02-09, 09:27 AM   #1
bezal
Map re-drawing is laggy

So since the recent update, the map redrawing is incredibly laggy. Sometimes it just plain shows the wrong map.

When I open my big world map, it either gives me some other zone, or it gives me a blank zone for a good 5 seconds before it can redraw itself to where I really am. I still see all the quest areas and my own pointer in the right places, it's just the map drawing underneath is wrong or lags.

Anyone else seen this?

04-02-09, 09:29 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Odd, working fine for me. Try rebooting the computer.

04-04-09, 07:58 PM   #3
bezal
definitely not a restart issue been doing this for days.

on two different computers.

04-04-09, 08:38 PM   #4
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by bezal View Post
So since the recent update, the map redrawing is incredibly laggy. Sometimes it just plain shows the wrong map.

When I open my big world map, it either gives me some other zone, or it gives me a blank zone for a good 5 seconds before it can redraw itself to where I really am. I still see all the quest areas and my own pointer in the right places, it's just the map drawing underneath is wrong or lags.

Anyone else seen this?
Have you installed a new addon recently? What happens if you are only running Carbonite?

04-05-09, 02:40 AM   #5
Phantasia
A Murloc Raider
This has been happening to me too, been using carbonite for... A good long time

For example, I arrived to the Barrens, open the main map and it shows me as being on Orgrimmar still. It takes around 5/7 seconds to give me the right map.

Happening a lot.

The addon list I am currently using is:

04-05-09, 02:47 AM   #6
Phantasia
A Murloc Raider
Just tried to disable all addons except for Carbonite and what i get is:

- Entering ThunderBluff, opening map and being showed as in the middle of the ocean.

04-09-09, 06:25 AM   #7
qaarh
Sunshine BearTree
I've noticed this issue as well. Opening the map in Zangarmarsh, I see the map for Hellfire Peninsula.

04-10-09, 07:09 PM   #8
bezal
Been trying to snap some screenshots of when this happens.

Here is when it's blank, you can see I'm in combat by the text, but it still hasn't reset yet. Yes I'm in an instance, but this cleared up to show EPL after a few seconds wait:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...709_211826.jpg

Here is when I am deep within Sholazar, but it still shows Icecrown - minimap is reading Wildgrowth Mangal. You can see my player arrow as well:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...009_210635.jpg

And another in Dalaran. Yay mailboxes n stuff! :

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...11-17-38AM.png

Last edited by bezal : 04-11-09 at 09:20 AM.

04-12-09, 08:34 PM   #9
Toeler
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've also been getting this problem for a long time too, I tried updating and that didn't fix the problem. Whats worse is when I'm in a BG sometimes I cant get it to redraw the map at all, so I'm stuck with the last BGs map, which can be a real pain.

04-12-09, 11:53 PM   #10
Mindleglalaxy
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb

Hi,

With no other addons running I also have the same issues others are talking about with the newest version 3.001. Hope you can work out what is wrong as it is very annoying when you only want to briefly look at the map for something and it hangs sometimes up to 10 seconds and obviously effects the enjoyment of the game and also using the brilliant addon.

Thanks heaps especailly for such a good addon

04-13-09, 12:28 PM   #11
Phantasia
A Murloc Raider
I seem to have discovered that this ONLY happens with me when we select for the map to be closed instead of minimized.

04-13-09, 11:39 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phantasia View Post
I seem to have discovered that this ONLY happens with me when we select for the map to be closed instead of minimized.
Interesting. I always use the minimized map. Does it happen the first time you show the map or every time?

04-13-09, 11:50 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Middle mouse clicking on map or moving will select the current zone and show you for when it starts up showing the center of world.

Originally Posted by Toeler View Post
Whats worse is when I'm in a BG sometimes I cant get it to redraw the map at all, so I'm stuck with the last BGs map, which can be a real pain.
That started happening rarely for me maybe a few months ago. I found you could zoom out, select another zone, which switches the art and then move the mouse off the map, which selects the BG again.

Those bugs are random, zone change logic is complicated and can be affected by other addons. I need to look at the code, but it is dangerous since those type of changes can fix one thing and make other bugs in the process.

04-14-09, 06:48 AM   #14
Bastiene
A Fallenroot Satyr
Gather Icons

I noticed a bit of lag happening for me only when I got into Stranglethorn Vale. I have a toon that does both mining and herbalism, so when I had the carbonite nods set to show I had some lag, if I opened any other window, like the quest window, then I did a stutter step movement.

When I tuned off one of them it improved but still lagged, when I shut them both off, no lag at all.

I want to do more testing because I also use gathermate. Have not taken the time to see if disabling gathermate would make a difference, if I then turned carb nodes back on.

Just thought I would throw this data into the mix, if your looking at things that may cause others lag.

04-14-09, 04:38 PM   #15
bezal
Hmm I'll test that tonight with the minimized thing. The only change I remember making was having the carbonite map turn off... that option to "hide when pressing M or esc" or whatever it is.

04-14-09, 06:03 PM   #16
symbiosis
A Murloc Raider

Map Not changin with rezoning

I have has this problem to since the last couple of updates..so you are not alone!! Another example could be you ousitside Dalaran (like stormwind to get some AH items for the cooking daily) then you call up the map cause u need to hand in the quest. The quest givers question mark is there but he may sometimes appear on the SW map..rather than the Dalaran map..very confusing!!! This is especially if you haven't done the quest before, or not many times.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map re-drawing is laggy