04-23-09, 09:26 AM   #1
CatfishKnight
A Theradrim Guardian

Blizzard Authenticator - Well worth it!!

I bought one at Blizzard's Store. Under $10. Well worth it.
One of my friend's husband had his account hacked into 3 times in 2 weeks. Sold and deleted stuff. Blizzard was able to restore it. She bought an Authenticator for her and her husband.
So I bought one too!!
After alot of hard work on your toon's and Gold who wants to lose it all??

So you guys who are saying Nui compromised your account and hacked into it... LOL. Get the Authenticator.

I love Nui!!! It is the best out there!!

CatfishKnight
04-23-09, 09:47 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah .. they're really useful

Downside is that if you access someone else's, with their permission of course, you need to be able to get hold of their authenticator.

Unfortunately this means I am unable to log onto my fiance's toons if I needed something he had. Being that there's a 7hrs time difference and several thousand miles of ocean between us I just can't quite reach his authenticator - rofl.

Just as well they made me an officer too, one less thing I would have not been able to do as he's an officer too.
04-23-09, 10:11 AM   #3
CatfishKnight
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post

Downside is that if you access someone else's, with their permission of course, you need to be able to get hold of their authenticator.

Unfortunately this means I am unable to log onto my fiance's toons if I needed something he had. Being that there's a 7hrs time difference and several thousand miles of ocean between us I just can't quite reach his authenticator - rofl.

Just as well they made me an officer too, one less thing I would have not been able to do as he's an officer too.

"Can't get a hold of his "Authenticator??"

Well I guess the Ocean can do that. LOL.

I wonder if you can have 2 Authenticators assigned to an account??
04-23-09, 10:14 AM   #4
CatfishKnight
A Theradrim Guardian

Guild Chat.

Ohhh... Xrystal, I saw on your name you are an add on author. I clicked on it and guess what? I am already using your add on. lol

The quild chat one.
04-23-09, 10:43 AM   #5
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Also if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch, there is a Blizzard Battle.net Authenticator application. Best thing is, it is completely free. Works just like the hardware version. My wife and I both use it and it adds a great deal of piece of mind knowing that even if someone were to figure out our login name and password they would have to steal our iPod's to get into our accounts.

I can see more games doing this in the future. Obviously this is tied to the Battle.net account because they will make this work with Diablo III and StarCraft II when they release.

This has been so popular that they ran out of the hardware version for several months. Glad to see they have more in stock.
04-23-09, 10:54 AM   #6
Hakana4155
A Fallenroot Satyr

I just ordered one last weekend and I'm waiting to receive it. My account was hacked about a month ago and I don't want it happening again.
04-23-09, 11:25 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I ordered one last year when they first came out. I had to wait till the second wave (the first ones sold out quick!), and I remember keeping one browser window open to the Bliz store and hitting refresh any time I remembered lol.

I took a long piece of soft black cord and tied my authenticator around the base of my monitor. Not loosing it anytime soon!
04-23-09, 11:32 AM   #8
CatfishKnight
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I ordered one last year when they first came out. I had to wait till the second wave (the first ones sold out quick!), and I remember keeping one browser window open to the Bliz store and hitting refresh any time I remembered lol.

I took a long piece of soft black cord and tied my authenticator around the base of my monitor. Not loosing it anytime soon!
I used to carry mine on my key chain until I got a scratch on it. LOL
I didn't want to mess up it's looks.

So now I keep it by my computer now too!
06-06-09, 09:42 PM   #9
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post

Call him,have him click it,read the number to you....i'll stop here

My friend came over 20miles to my house,and forgot his thingy...called his brother back at his house and it worked.
06-07-09, 02:07 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, that would work if he is at home but him at home = him playing wow .. him not at home = me can access account if I could
06-07-09, 02:51 AM   #11
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

This really is a cool thing,was thinking of buying one too

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » Blizzard Authenticator - Well worth it!!