08-05-11, 03:35 AM   #1
Paprika
A Black Drake
Carbonite TomTom-Emulation

I'm using the Routes-addon and Gathermate2. It worked with Carbonite some month ago, but now I started playing World of Warcraft again and I'm getting this Routes-error-message:
"An updated copy of TomTom is required"

I looked into the corresponding Lua-file and found this:
Code:
function TT:RemoveQueuedNode()
	if not TomTom then
		Routes:Print(L["TomTom is missing or disabled"])
		return
	end
	if not TomTom.SetCustomMFWaypoint then
		Routes:Print(L["An updated copy of TomTom is required for TomTom integration to work"])
		return
	end
	if stored_uid then
		TomTom:RemoveWaypoint(stored_uid)
		stored_uid = nil
	end
end

May you pleeeeeasssseeee update your TomTom-emulation?

Last edited by Paprika : 08-25-11 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Carbonite TomTom-Emulation

08-05-11, 02:13 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Hm. That may be the same problem I'm seeing lately with Wow-Pro leveling guide, which recently started claiming I'm not running Tom-Tom (which is true, but... ).

08-05-11, 06:11 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you still get the error if you comment out that section of the .lua file, and does it even work if you do?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-06-11, 12:44 AM   #4
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Do you still get the error if you comment out that section of the .lua file, and does it even work if you do?
Nope, I already tried commenting out this sections and sure, the message will disappear, but the addon stops working.

08-06-11, 06:27 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah. I figured that might happen.

The only thing I can tell you is don't use the "Routes" addon. Just use Carbonites routing feature. Well, at least 'til the next release of Carbonite. Maybe the devs can work around that (if they have the time). Or you could install TomTom, but I don't know how that'll work with Carbonite being active.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-15-11, 11:37 AM   #6
Paprika
A Black Drake
Carbonites database is just not up-to-date, while Gathermates database gets an update every 2 weeks. That's why I'm using these addons.

08-25-11, 04:53 AM   #7
Paprika
A Black Drake
Any official response? Other addons depending on TomTom are not working anymore with the emulation too.

08-25-11, 05:06 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I grabbed the latest TomTom and am looking into what the function does.

08-26-11, 12:24 PM   #9
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I grabbed the latest TomTom and am looking into what the function does.
Thanks for your fast reply, I'm glad to here this

08-26-11, 01:47 PM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

TomTom.SetCustomMFWaypoint is now being emulated and the latest routes is working with it. This will be in the next version, which I hope to have out tonight.

Any other popular addons I should test?

08-27-11, 04:09 AM   #11
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Any other popular addons I should test?
Maybe Archy and Lightheaded

08-27-11, 01:07 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Latest Archy and Lightheaded test fine.

08-29-11, 11:43 PM   #13
Paprika
A Black Drake
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the update and appreciate your support

09-06-11, 11:37 AM   #14
hendo72
A Defias Bandit
Is there a way to incorporate the node "dots" from routes into the Carbonite map. I've found that I have to increase the scale of the minimap significantly so I can see the nodes.

Does Carbonite use Gathermate 2 as well?

09-06-11, 11:16 PM   #15
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by hendo72 View Post
Is there a way to incorporate the node "dots" from routes into the Carbonite map. I've found that I have to increase the scale of the minimap significantly so I can see the nodes.

Does Carbonite use Gathermate 2 as well?
You can only see Carbonites node icons on the Carbonite map, and Carbonites routing function only works with its' own node icons. If, however, you use another gathering addon and have the maps merged you can see those icons by holding the "ctrl" button, which will force the appearance of the Blizzard Minimap inside the Carbonite minimized map. Carbonite also "remembers" any "new" nodes that you might find while gathering.

To adjust the size of the Carbonite node icons, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map" page. Scroll down the page to the "Icon scale minimum size. -1 disables scaling for Guide and Favorite Icons <number>" option and click on it. Change the number in the edit box that pops up, hit the "Accept" button and your gather icons will change size. Larger numbers will make the icons larger.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-06-11 at 11:22 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite TomTom-Emulation and Routes-Addon