10-17-14, 01:02 AM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

copying chat config no longer works?

after major post patch changes, i started to port my new UI to all my alts, but the chat windows are just not cooperating the way they used to. before, you could just take the layout-local.txt. and chat-cache.txt and drop it into each characters folder. this just is not working any more. even with all addons disabled, not working at all. so whats up?
10-17-14, 11:21 AM   #2
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

since i posted i have tried to use Een's Chat Window Backup, and also ran "/console synchronizeSettings 0" and still no matter what i try cannot get my chat settings to port between characters.

the chat settings are obviously getting saved on server. i can remove my entire WTF folder and my main will still load up with the previous tabs in the correct position. i suppose i will have to set up all 30+ alts one by one unless anyone can figure this out. please help
10-17-14, 12:00 PM   #3
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

ok so with enough googling i figured it out. i had to open config.wtf and hardcode in "SET synchronizeSettings 0" just running the console command was not enough apparently

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » copying chat config no longer works?