04-30-16, 06:57 PM   #81
Couches
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Holy shit it looks even better in game!

A couple things of note:

- Target Markers: When I log onto a toon, it displays small versions of all the target marker icons (star, skull, diamond etc...) above the player frame. To fix, I select an icon, and then select "none". Selecting "none" on its own doesn't solve the issue.
- Resources: the regeneration rate takes a second to update and isn't very smooth.
- Monk Chi: Monks are able to have 6 Chi at max level with talents/perks, and it currently only supports a maximum of 5.
- Main Action Bar: Even when it isn't visible, you still see the GCD 'twinkle' after using an ability.
- General Bars: Is there any way to toggle keybind & macro text? And if not, do you know of an addon that can?

Let me know if there's a more efficient way for me to report bugs and kinks - in the meantime I'll just post it here.

Thank you so much for putting in all your hard work to make something this awesome for the community. I don't think I speak only for myself when I say: THANK YOU!

EDIT: I created some Windwalker Monk Aura Bars that I think fit the theme well, if anyone can use them: http://pastebin.com/bYJEpk4v

Last edited by Couches : 04-30-16 at 07:03 PM.
05-01-16, 04:45 AM   #82
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Think I'm gonna add a bug tracker and feature request and various as soon as I can enable my author portal!

- Target Markers: When I log onto a toon, it displays small versions of all the target marker icons (star, skull, diamond etc...) above the player frame. To fix, I select an icon, and then select "none". Selecting "none" on its own doesn't solve the issue.
Huh. I've never experienced that myself, but I have a hunch as to what might be the cause. When loading, the texture object is still there and showing, but there's nothing in it. At least on my end there hasn't been anything in it, but evidently there are cases where it loads the entire texture map for all the icons and shows that. So all I have to do is make the icon hidden on the initial UI load.

- Resources: the regeneration rate takes a second to update and isn't very smooth.
Guessing you're particularly talking about energy regen? I hadn't enabled FrequentUpdates on the power bars, but I'll get that in with next version!

- Monk Chi: Monks are able to have 6 Chi at max level with talents/perks, and it currently only supports a maximum of 5.
Huh, I'm guessing that's a Draenor monk perk? I heard of this elusive sixth point while I was looking through how many they could have, but all I could find anywhere was five points. Highest I've ever played a monk was mid-40s! Still, one extra Chi point, that's no trouble. Still got a few tweaks I want to do to the Chi points, not entirely done with those.

- Main Action Bar: Even when it isn't visible, you still see the GCD 'twinkle' after using an ability.
Yeah, I've seen it! Been trying to think of a good way to solve it, but it's not easy. It's the cooldown frame for each button, and the fact that child frames don't really care what the alpha of the parent frame is. I'm probably going to have to rewrite the fading for that frame to hide the buttons outright, or temporarily parent the cooldown frames to dummy frames. The latter would probably be a bit resource inefficient, though it should work fine considering that the PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED event fires immediately before combat lockdown actually happens.

- General Bars: Is there any way to toggle keybind & macro text? And if not, do you know of an addon that can?
Any addon that changes the default keybind and macro settings should work, though I could implement a config option for it.
05-01-16, 10:09 AM   #83
Couches
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
- Resources: yep! Energy and focus feel a bit clunky as a result, but it's not really noticeable for mana users.

- Chi: Indeed, it's a perk - a sneaky bastard at that! And for the record, I think the chi looks amazing. I love the subtle runic engravings on the orbs. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in mind!

- GCD Twinkle: The easy workaround is currently to just leave it enabled, so it's not the most urgent fix required. Though I feel bad for the poor bastards running this on their toasters... I mourn the loss of their frame rate :P
05-02-16, 08:44 PM   #84
Couches
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just thought of something you could do with chi that would make Windwalker Monks love you!

Windwalkers have a passive called "Combo Breaker".
There are three variations of this passive:
- Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm
- Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick
- Combo Breaker: Chi Explosion (level 100 talent - replaces Blackout Kick)

Monk's primary spender, "Jab" has a chance to trigger this buff. The effect is as follows:

Tiger Palm/Blackout Kick have no Chi cost.
Chi Explosion has it's cost reduced by 2 Chi.

My idea for Chi is this:
- No Combo Breaker: WHITE
- Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm: GREEN
- Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick/Chi Explosion: PURPLE
With Blackout Kick/Chi Explosion taking priority over Tiger Palm. There's rarely a situation where a windwalker would use a Tiger Palm proc over a Blackout Kick. In fact, it's a net DPS loss.

This would act as an awesome, low-profile yet dynamic visual indicator that increases gameplay clarity.

This is mostly food for thought. I know you mentioned wanting to do some interesting things with class resources regarding animations and whatnot, so I figured this might be something to consider while you're on that stint
03-23-17, 02:26 PM   #85
Elrigh
A Murloc Raider
Well, it seems that Folji has abandoned this great UI Design, which had at least over 2000 Downloads and I am pretty dam sure that it would have more, if it would work with 7.2.

As a Paladin I was tought to never give up hope, so I am asking if theres anybody out there who is willing and able to revive this UI and make it work - with Foljis Blessing and Credits to him certainly.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Looking for layout/design feedback!