08-22-16, 11:39 AM   #1
Airfrischung
A Defias Bandit
[Idea] Transmog Manager

Hello,

sorry if this is the wrong forums for this, but I'd like to share an addon idea I got. Maybe theres something in development or something similar to this already.

Blizzard introduced an easier way to have multiple outfits per character with its introduction of the wardrobe.
Thats nice and easy.
But it can be simplified even more.

Do you know the AddOn called WeakAuras? With it its possible to share "Codes" which will, if you paste them into the AddOns ingame screen, load all the settings for that specific WeakAuras "profile" (ie. set of icons which will tell you when your CD of XYZ is off).

Kinda the idea I want to follow with the outfits.
People like to share their outfits (= transmog sets) on sites such as wowhead. So it would be like this:

- People still share their Transmog sets and with this addon you'll get a code (like in WeakAuras)
- Other people would copy paste the code to this new AddOn and would be allowed to "1 click" this transmog to their character.

Other people would still need to click OK to get the transmog done, thats a no-brainer.
If an item is missing, the AddOn would make that information visible.

What do you think of this?

I'm a dev myself but never done anything like this in LUA - I guess the "programming" language for WoW?

- Air
08-22-16, 10:35 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wowhead already has links you can copy and paste in-game to load a transmog set.

For example:
http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=...legear-recolor

Click "Links" at the top, then copy the "Ingame Link" option, and you get this (I added spaces for forum readability):

/run local function f(i,b) DressUpItemLink("item:"..i.."::::::::::::9:"..b) end f(113636,566) f(113649,566) f(115540,566) f(115541,566) f(115542,566) f(115543,566) f(115544,566)

If you paste this in-game, the dress-up window will open with all the items, and you can save it as an outfit in your wardrobe.

All an addon would need to do would be:

(1) Generate a data string. It wouldn't need to include any functions, just the item data, so for the above example, it would probably look something like this: "Living Wood Battlegear (Recolor),113636,566,113649,566,115540,566,115541,566,115542,566,115543,566,115544,566"

(2) Send it to the specified player via the SendAddonMessage API.

On the other end, the addon would need to:

(1) Listen for addon messages with the appropriate prefix.

(2) Split the data string up into its parts and load the items into the dress-up frame, with an option for the receiving player to save the outfit using the provided name (or a custom name).

There would be no need for the addon to handle any actual transmog stuff, since the default transmog UI already lets you transmog an entire outfit in one go. However, you could highlight recently received sets in the list (with a star icon or something) if you wanted.

I don't have either the time or the interest level to actually write such an addon, but it wouldn't be very hard to do.
08-23-16, 03:53 AM   #3
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Is there an addon that would let share outfits between characters? And I don't mean the wowhead sets, I'm thinking custom compiled outfits that right now I'm saving for each character in the transmog window, but can't use outside this single character. I have to make and save each outfit from the scratch on every character.
08-23-16, 05:50 AM   #4
Airfrischung
A Defias Bandit
Thanks Phanx for the nice overview of things. That indeed does not sound too complicated.
Also I didnt know its already possible like that. (sort of)

@natassja72
Not to my knowledge. Then again, I didnt know of the things Phanx talked about.
An external addon certanly could do what you ask.

Last edited by Airfrischung : 08-23-16 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Phanx not Phalanx
08-24-16, 01:29 PM   #5
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by natassja72 View Post
Is there an addon that would let share outfits between characters? And I don't mean the wowhead sets, I'm thinking custom compiled outfits that right now I'm saving for each character in the transmog window, but can't use outside this single character. I have to make and save each outfit from the scratch on every character.
You only have to save the outfits locally and compare those with the outfits saved on the server.

I have the functionality in my WardrobeTools addon in accountwide_outfits.lua, you just have to remove the line that says "Disabled in standalone version" if you want to give it a try. I think it should work, even though I disabled it there.

Some notes on how it works:

- To enable syncing of your already existing outfits you have to talk to a transmog NPC and save your outfits again, because it hooks C_TransmogCollection.SaveOutfit.
- Outfits are only synced between the same classes and you can't have different outfits with the same name (if Mage1 has an outfit called "Set" that uses all T1 apperances for example and you save it to enable syncing and then login on Mage2 who also has an outfilled called "Set" it will be replaced because the one you saved on Mage1 is newer).
- The addon doesn't ask for confirmation when removing an outfit. If you remove the outfit named "Set" from the previous example on Mage2 it will be also removed on every other mage.
- If you remove an outfit while the addon is enabled and create another one with the name of the deleted one while the addon is not loaded it will be removed when you enable the addon again, because it doesn't know that you recreated it.

It's just quickly thrown together, but I've been using it since wardrobe went live without any issues. It might have bugs I'm not aware of.

I don't have time to provide support, feel free to use it until someone uploads something similar. (Or strip all unrelated parts and just release it yourself, I don't care. You might want to add some confirmation dialogs when doing so and maybe also optimize the outfit comparison.)
08-25-16, 03:09 AM   #6
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Ty Sezz Sadly, it is Greek to me how addons work/are built, so I'll wait till someone makes an addon with this feature ready to use

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [Idea] Transmog Manager