06-05-07, 08:42 PM   #201
Trevelyen
A Fallenroot Satyr

I have skimmed through this thread and here goes nothing

Friendminder
It uses very little RAM
Creats sort of a global friends list, for server and faction so you dont have to remeber who on all your charaters.
Just 1 button press on all you characters and it adds all of their friends to the list, then 1 more to load the list to your friends list.

Bag mod-
I am not sure if this is still an issue, however quest drop items that did not end up in your initial backpack you start the game with, had the tendancy to drop significatly less frequently, and i was wondering if you could force it to put Item Type X in Bag Y.

Combat HUD-
Is there a way to change the colors of text and bars, the colors are very bland and are hard to see for me. Also is there a way to change the color combo points to somehow fit in with it, because it looks out of place.

All in all though, a truely incredible UI. Blizz could take pointers.

--Trevelyen

06-08-07, 05:44 AM   #202
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by griffin224
Mazz, ever checked out nQuestlog? Looks somewhat like MonkeyQuest but has the ability to track individual group members quest progress (so long as they have it installed). The tooltip includes group member objectives, individually listed.
nQuestLog is incredibly good. I'm using it... I got rid of MonkeyQuest (no offense, but could never read quest details) just deleting it, put nQuestLog at the same place with the same color configuration MonkeyQuest had (and the visual aids from MQ were good) and voila, instanteneous, better and lightweight questlog. And with Wowhead tooltips that I can't live without anymore.

(and for the ones wanting this, i made a macro to make it bind to L like MonkeyQuest was)

A screen can worth more, so:
(i have changed some ui things, but dont look at that, look only the questlog)

06-08-07, 05:57 PM   #203
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by bsides
nQuestLog is incredibly good. I'm using it... I got rid of MonkeyQuest (no offense, but could never read quest details) just deleting it, put nQuestLog at the same place with the same color configuration MonkeyQuest had (and the visual aids from MQ were good) and voila, instanteneous, better and lightweight questlog. And with Wowhead tooltips that I can't live without anymore.

(and for the ones wanting this, i made a macro to make it bind to L like MonkeyQuest was)

A screen can worth more, so:
(i have changed some ui things, but dont look at that, look only the questlog)

Well, I havve hooked monkeyquest up to wowheadquests in the 1.1 version of the UI, and was planning on switching to LightHeaded now that it seems to have an API. But like you said, "a screen is worth more", and the one you posted looks like a pretty clear display that is very similar to what I like about Monkeyquest. I'll check it out.

06-09-07, 08:21 AM   #204
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Well, I havve hooked monkeyquest up to wowheadquests in the 1.1 version of the UI, and was planning on switching to LightHeaded now that it seems to have an API. But like you said, "a screen is worth more", and the one you posted looks like a pretty clear display that is very similar to what I like about Monkeyquest. I'll check it out.
Yes, I tested Lightheaded yesterday because nQuestlog is indeed lightweight but to see the comments from wowhead I use qComment + wowhead database which is A LOT... I can send one more screen if you want to see how much it's using (almost 4MB altogether).

BUT LightHeaded turned out to be very bad... it attach to my old Blizzard QuestLog with an effect I don't like... and I got bored and turned it off

Mazzle, I guess nQuestLog is doing what MonkeyQuest was good at (awesome and clean visuals) but with a plus on it. And thanks for the answer by the way :P

Trevelyen: I'm answering your PM soon.

06-09-07, 08:43 AM   #205
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

For the ones wondering how I did the nQuestLog to work with qComment + wowhead comments and binding it to the L key to be like our good MonkeyQuest, here is a shot explanation:

Addons needed:
nQuestLog - an Ace2 addon which can be found at http://files.wowace.com or via WowAceUpdater
qComment - not sure where I got it, probably this one http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/7691/
Wowhead_Quests - probably this one, not so sure: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eadQuests.html
Wowhead_Alliance_Stub for Aliance Quests or Wowhead_Horde_Stub for Horde quests. Don't know exactly where I got this thou
Nymbia's Spellbinder - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ellBinder.html

Get rid of MonkeyQuest (just delete the folders but do a backup first) and install all above. Then open WoW and setup your nQuestLog (it can take a while). Then, create this macro for all characters (general macro):

Code:
/script if nQuestLogFrame:IsVisible()==1 then nQuestLogFrame:Hide() else nQuestLogFrame:Show() end;
Open Spellbinder (type /spellbinder in chat), click Macro and then the macro you created. Put Set Key to L, save and it's done.

To see wowhead coments, hover you mouse in a quest name while holding the ALT key.

Hope it helps.

06-09-07, 09:48 AM   #206
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

nQuestLog has a built-in comment module that interfaces with LightHeaded. It just needs to be updated for Clad's huge new update that introduced a new API. I haven't seen it in action, but, from what I can tell from the code, it creates another detached tooltip with the quest comments just like the one it makes for quest details.

I'm still torn whether I like the old lightheaded approach of showing all the comments at once vs the new 'paged' approach. There's something to be said for browsing multiple comments without having to click, especially since there's a lot of low-quality comments. Skimming visually is just faster in those cases. It's also easier to compare comments from different users that may have conflicting information.

btw, I have indeed switched over to nQuestLog for 1.1. It will now get Mazzified to function and look somewhat similar to how Monkeyquest was before. The hotspot has also been changed to show the nQuestLog minion instead. Thanks for the screenshot showing the display similarities between the two. It was very helpful.

06-09-07, 09:56 AM   #207
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

nQuestLog has a built-in comment module that interfaces with LightHeaded. It just needs to be updated for Clad's huge new update that introduced a new API. I haven't seen it in action, but, from what I can tell from the code, it creates another detached tooltip with the quest comments just like the one it makes for quest details.
That i didn't know! Worth a research :P

I'm still torn whether I like the old lightheaded approach of showing all the comments at once vs the new 'paged' approach. There's something to be said for browsing multiple comments without having to click, especially since there's a lot of low-quality comments. Skimming visually is just faster in those cases. It's also easier to compare comments from different users that may have conflicting information.
Now that you bring it into discuss... yes, I prefer not having the paging thing. It would be useful if there wasn't so many useless comments. Said that, qComments seems better in my opinion.

btw, I have indeed switched over to nQuestLog for 1.1. It will now get Mazzified to function and look somewhat similar to how Monkeyquest was before. The hotspot has also been changed to show the nQuestLog minion instead. Thanks for the screenshot showing the display similarities between the two. It was very helpful.
Man, that's awesome news. If you want, I can send more screenshots about it too... It's a honor to help. I think Mazzify is the best addon out there.

06-10-07, 04:14 AM   #208
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Now that you bring it into discuss... yes, I prefer not having the paging thing. It would be useful if there wasn't so many useless comments. Said that, qComments seems better in my opinion.
From what I've seen Lightheaded is a lot tighter. The next version is supposed to have an option for non-paged comments. And if you go back a couple versions, Lightheaded will work with nQuestLog without any problems, without needing to open the quest log and without paging.

Man, that's awesome news. If you want, I can send more screenshots about it too... It's a honor to help. I think Mazzify is the best addon out there.
Nah, that's ok. I think I have the quest stuff all worked out now. But thanks for the offer.

06-10-07, 06:28 AM   #209
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good news. It was pretty easy to get the latest version of nQuestLog to work with the latest version of LightHeaded. It generates another tablet tooltip right next to it with non-paged comments. It even includes all the new stuff like clicking on npc's to get location, and clicking on locations to make waypoints.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nQuestLog_LHFix_Mazzle.zip (52.6 KB, 867 views)

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 06-10-07 at 06:53 AM.

06-10-07, 07:59 AM   #210
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Good news. It was pretty easy to get the latest version of nQuestLog to work with the latest version of LightHeaded. It generates another tablet tooltip right next to it with non-paged comments. It even includes all the new stuff like clicking on npc's to get location, and clicking on locations to make waypoints.
Man, that's awesome! I'll try it our NOW!

Thanks for it Mazzle.

06-10-07, 08:04 AM   #211
Curumtiny
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Okay what do we need to do to install this? Do we need to download the nQuest and the other files suggested by Bsides?

I deleted the Monkey Quest folders and I installed the file you attached Mazzle. But I was not able to figure out how to get Nquest to open up.

06-10-07, 08:37 AM   #212
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just install that folder I posted and LightHeaded. Make sure you have the libraries nQuestLog needs, most notable Quixote.

06-10-07, 02:37 PM   #213
stec
A Cliff Giant
Thats great news mazz thanks, bsides anychance you remember where you got the ally and horde quest notes from or are they not needed now.

And i take it i need to remove moneyquest now?

06-10-07, 03:36 PM   #214
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lightheaded will come with a slew of LOD add-ons with the notes. You don't need the old lightheaded folders.

And you can delete monkeyquest if you want. You don't absolutely have to if you don't want to. It's kinda redundant though.

06-10-07, 04:33 PM   #215
stec
A Cliff Giant
Cheers Maz, one day im sure they wil dedicate a statue in your honour.

In fact il do it now, only thing is it looks like a huge woman wearing a crown holding a torch, but il put her on her own little island near new york :P

I cant seem to find any menu for nquest log is there any slash commands at all?

Last edited by stec : 06-10-07 at 05:00 PM.

06-10-07, 07:09 PM   #216
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mazzle, I just tested it.

Is it just me or you need to actually open the quest details to see the comments? Anyway, it works very well and seems very light. The only thing thou is that I really like the old hold ALT and go with the mouse the see the wowhead comments T_T but WTF this is very lighter. You know if there's any chance that LightHeaded work this way?

Originally Posted by stec
I cant seem to find any menu for nquest log is there any slash commands at all?
It will probably be at your FuBar. Or if your DeuceCommander is available, you can make it visible via it. If you can see the minion, it's possible you can see the icon in FuBar.

06-10-07, 10:03 PM   #217
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I noticed a couple of glitches using the macro you made (using the folder Mazz provided and installing the latest Lightheaded and Quixote). If I open the minion using the fubar entry and then close it using the macro, it will open again every time I enter a new area (i.e. coming into Shattrath, entering the bank, leaving the inn, etc). Also, it seems that if I open it using the macro somtimes, I can't click on the items to bring up the log/comments, just when I open it using the fubar menu.

06-11-07, 12:46 AM   #218
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Arkive
I noticed a couple of glitches using the macro you made (using the folder Mazz provided and installing the latest Lightheaded and Quixote). If I open the minion using the fubar entry and then close it using the macro, it will open again every time I enter a new area (i.e. coming into Shattrath, entering the bank, leaving the inn, etc). Also, it seems that if I open it using the macro somtimes, I can't click on the items to bring up the log/comments, just when I open it using the fubar menu.
Yeah well, the macro thing is just a "press L if you are in backgrounds" for me. I always let questlog open so I just close when I'm on Battlegrounds. I simulate what you did and indeed, when you change a map the minion comes back but well, this was just a trick to close it without having to click the FuBar icon... now I'm at Mazzle, our expert :P

06-11-07, 11:42 AM   #219
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is what I use to toggle it. It will also hide the details frame if it's up.

Code:
    	if (nQuestLogFrame:IsVisible()) then 
    	    nQuestLog:ToggleVisible(false); 
    	    if (nQuestLog:GetModule("DetailsFrame")) then nQuestLog:GetModule("DetailsFrame"):ShowLog(); end;
    	else 
    	    nQuestLog:ToggleVisible(true); 
    	end

06-11-07, 12:20 PM   #220
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

This is what I use to toggle it. It will also hide the details frame if it's up.

Code:
    	if (nQuestLogFrame:IsVisible()) then 
    	    nQuestLog:ToggleVisible(false); 
    	    if (nQuestLog:GetModule("DetailsFrame")) then nQuestLog:GetModule("DetailsFrame"):ShowLog(); end;
    	else 
    	    nQuestLog:ToggleVisible(true); 
    	end
Awesome, thanks Mazzle :P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD