10-14-10, 08:52 AM   #61
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
I literally laugh out loud every time I read a post regarding Carbonite's "team".

Let's set the record straight, Carbonite does NOT have a "team". Carbonite is developed by two very smart and talented people, Haavok and Faatal. Carbonite is not their main line of work, although at one point in the past it may have been. They have real lives and real responsibilities that have nothing to do with WoW. That's why people who demand some response during these times are not likely to get them. Carb doesn't have a bunch of "Blues" waiting in the wings to respond with reassuring platitudes like the WoW O-Forums.

If the CarboTroll crowd have any intestinal fortitude at all, they should be groveling at the feet of these two gentlemen right now, or at the very least offering profuse apologies for some of the things that have been said.
Don't mind me but I hope that wasn't said because of what I said

Since I said "probably has a team" I was never aware it was only two people, and my offer still stands.
but I do agree with you're statement

10-14-10, 08:59 AM   #62
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Ulkterna View Post
Don't mind me but I hope that wasn't said because of what I said

Since I said "probably has a team" I was never aware it was only two people, and my offer still stands.
but I do agree with you're statement
Not at all directed at you. Sorry about that, it was a long night of trying to shut down the trollers. Your post just reminded me of something that needed to be reiterated. There were some posts last night about "the Carb team needs to be fired!". That was what made me laugh. Fire the "team" and forget the addon!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-14-10, 09:09 AM   #63
jds061980
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Thanks for all the hard work

Just wanted to say I have used Carbonite all of my years playing WoW, and couldn't imagine playing without it. I have donated a few times and you will be getting my next once the patches for this have been released. Keep up the great work I will be headed back to your page all day checking on the new release.

10-14-10, 09:19 AM   #64
Natema
A Kobold Labourer
I gotta say, the phrase 'don't know what ya got till it's gone' is ringing so ridiculously true for me this week! Honestly, I hadn't realized just how much I depended on this add-on till the patch hit and it was gone...

Servers are down half the time; some of my toons are missing entirely; I've spent weeks trying to figure out new spells and talent trees; expensive enchants are gone completely; all this is frustrating, but somehow they all pale in comparison to living without Carbonite!

It had never occurred to me to donate before, but you can bet as soon as this message is posted I'll be digging out my credit card heh! Thank you sooo much for your work on this; I can't even express how happy you've made me simply by saying you're working on it!

10-14-10, 09:27 AM   #65
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Not at all directed at you. Sorry about that, it was a long night of trying to shut down the trollers. Your post just reminded me of something that needed to be reiterated. There were some posts last night about "the Carb team needs to be fired!". That was what made me laugh. Fire the "team" and forget the addon!
Thank you for resting me asure that wasn't pointed at me, when your post was right under mind I was like Uh wait o.0

I hope the author will read my Offer, and I agree, something needs to be done about trollers, if I want to deal with trolls/griefers I'll log into second life....

10-14-10, 09:32 AM   #66
thafuture
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
they should get other vollunteers to join them and make a team of at least 4 or 5 people to make things much easier and have carbonite constantly enhancing when members of the team are on their free time tinkering with the addon and discovering new things and options to add to it

10-14-10, 10:37 AM   #67
damkram
A Kobold Labourer
Red face Thank You in Advance!!!

"Thank You"!! "Thank You"!! "Thank You, Carbonite developers!!! My donation is posted, and I am impatiently awaiting a fix for patch 4.0.1. Can't hardly sstand playing WoW without my friend Carbonite!!!!!!!!.................!!

10-14-10, 11:06 AM   #68
gizmo74
A Defias Bandit
Just wanted to post really quick and say thank you very much for working on a fix for this wonderful addon. I have been using carbonite since the days of paid subscription and find my game play really suffers without it. So again thank you for keeping this great addon alive, I have sent in a donation today and will continue to suppot you great devs along as you keep up the great work that you do.

10-14-10, 11:22 AM   #69
xj2motor
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite

I for one am new to Carbonite. I just recently started using it. I have found it to be very helpful. When the patch hit the other day it was devistating that Carbonite didn't work. I am very grateful for all the hard work that's gone into this wonderful addon and I'm very excited to see it come back. Thanks again.

10-14-10, 11:26 AM   #70
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yay!

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There will be a Carbonite update.

I will be working on fixing immediate 4.0 issues tonight/tomorrow. Don't know how long that will take. Still trying to get our computers patched up. Son's is having errors...
YES! Like most here, I have come to rely on Carbonite, even for my 80's who sometimes appreciate the little HUD arrow pointing to the nearest Dark Iron Dwarves for the JC daily....

I purchased my Carbonite just before Blizz came down on these good folks, and was disappointed by the top few posts in this thread indicating that there would be no fix until Cata... the thought of almost 2 months without Carbonite was, to say the least, not pleasant.

So thanks, hard-working devs, for fixing this for 4.0 *AND* again for Cata in 2 months.

10-14-10, 11:28 AM   #71
rpelham
A Defias Bandit
Carb in Cataclysm

There is no doubt that Carbonite is the BEST! I donated $50 just now and will donate another $50 when the new upgrade comes out. Thanks much to the devs for their hard work.

10-14-10, 11:36 AM   #72
CrackaG
A Murloc Raider
Carb

I do have to say Carb is one the the best addons I ever used. I would give up all my addons just for carb. Wish I could send you guys money for the addon but having 2 kids takes up to much money lol. Even moving in a week dont help.

I will be checking the site every hour waiting for the addon to come out lol.

10-14-10, 12:04 PM   #73
waldodamon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
That would violate Blizzard's UI Addon Development Policy
Well put. Nuff said.

10-14-10, 12:08 PM   #74
waldodamon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We were caught off guard by the 4.0 patch. Haavok is out of town. I have not been playing games the last several weeks, since I'm busy on other projects. My son plays Wow, but has not for the last few days, so we had no idea there was a patch until I got that email today and thought he meant Cataclysm. I ran WoW and the update started saying "4.01". Needless to say I was surprised!

There will be a Carbonite update.

I will be working on fixing immediate 4.0 issues tonight/tomorrow. Don't know how long that will take. Still trying to get our computers patched up. Son's is having errors...
Who's better than you? Just for that, I may just toss some donation loot your way, to support, in my opinion, the best addon that this game has ever seen!

10-14-10, 12:48 PM   #75
Kythlyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Someone should probably add an edit to the original post in this thread.

10-14-10, 12:51 PM   #76
Inmunda
A Defias Bandit
thanks for your work!

10-14-10, 12:56 PM   #77
gchfamily
A Defias Bandit
I wanted to say thank you. As i was about to quit playing WoW. Its bad enough they Raped my level 80 mage by taken half her spells away hence the new talent tree which sucks and took away im part my Arcane missiles. They totally depowered my mage that ive spent a year an half getting her to where i like her.

I tried starting a new character but gave up without Carb cause without a map etc just wasnt any fun.

What sucks is i played my mage till 10 mins before the servers went off line for the 4.01 patch would start. And i was kicking butt where i was , then after the patch i was still in the same place but now im getting killed so easy. And having no idea how to get around without Carb made it worse.

Wanted to thank the Carb Team, yeah 2 is a team you no lol and dont have much money cause of child support but i do what i can and want to thank on behalf of the 12 million players that use Carbonite. Without you im pretty sure lots of us would of quit long long time ago.

10-14-10, 01:09 PM   #78
sansofthenight
A Kobold Labourer
thanks for this great addon. i couldnt imagine questing with out it. or farming. i will donate as soon as my check comes in. thanks again!!!

10-14-10, 01:10 PM   #79
[email protected]
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Goranth View Post
This is great! I have been trollin along for a reply, and awesome to see one wakin up! I think I'm gonna set my paypal to start sending u guys some dev cash, as much as i dont wanna sound liek the angry folk, WoW without carb sucks Thanks for takin the time to work it out and to let us know!
Probably not a great forum to say this but .... If carbonite would host on Curse us paid curse client users would be donating to them. Maybe the MMO down-loader can do a similar thing as the curse client people do, give an option to pay for the client and a portion of the fee goes to donations to the authors.

10-14-10, 01:46 PM   #80
g094389
A Defias Bandit
I paid for a copy when that was allowed...

And now I've donated.

Don't be a jerk. Donate some money to these guys if you like the addon.

I dare you to match my contribution:

Hello <REDACTED>,You sent a payment of $50.00 USD to Carbon Based Creations, LLC.
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *CARBONBASED.Merchant information
Carbon Based Creations, LLC
REDACTED @ carboniteaddon.com
http://carboniteaddon.com
Instructions to merchant
None provided
Shipping information
Preferred Customer
REDACTED
Irving, TX 75039
United States
Shipping method
Not specified
DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
Carbonite Addon
Vote: Improve gather features$50.00 USD1$50.00 USD

Insurance: ----
Total: $50.00 USD

Receipt No: ****-****-****-9876
Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at Carbon Based Creations, LLC or PayPal.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb in Cataclysm *CONFIRMED*