Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-26-13, 06:06 AM   #1
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Possible workaround for boomkin bar issue

One of the FAQs explains why the Moonkin shapeshift bar takes over nUI's lower-right action bar:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20916

I just started playing a new Balance Druid alt, but I found this behavior rather annoying since I use that bar for other things on my other characters. Also, since I wouldn't expect much difference between shifted and unshifted actionbars for Balance Druids, the whole feature of having a separate bar seems kind of pointless to me (I realize this was a Blizzard decision, not nUI...)

Fortunately, I think there is a very easy hack to simply use the main actionbar in moonkin form, which means you get your lower-right bar back to use for other stuff.

For nUI5, in the file nUI_ButtonBar.lua, change the line:

Code:
RegisterStateDriver(nUI_ActionBar, "page", "[vehicleui] 12; [overridebar] 14; [bar:2] 2; [bar:3] 3; [bar:4] 4; [bar:5] 5; [bar:6] 6; [bonusbar:1] 7; [bonusbar:2] 8; [bonusbar:3] 9; [bonusbar:4] 10; [bonusbar:5] 11;1" );
to:

Code:
RegisterStateDriver(nUI_ActionBar, "page", "[vehicleui] 12; [overridebar] 14; [bar:2] 2; [bar:3] 3; [bar:4] 4; [bar:5] 5; [bar:6] 6; [bonusbar:1] 7; [bonusbar:2] 8; [bonusbar:3] 9; [bonusbar:4] 1; [bonusbar:5] 11;1" );

With this change, whenever the Moonkin actionbar (lower-right in nUI) would be activated, the primary actionbar is activated instead.

Definitely a quality of life improvement for my new Boomie...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Possible workaround for boomkin bar issue