07-14-05, 01:45 AM   #1
Sim
A Murloc Raider
Insomniax no more?

I was just wondering if anyones heard anything about Insomniax, did the person making this custom ui stop working on it ?
Should we stop wasting our time with this custom ui? its been in beta for almost a month and still no final release, would be nice if person making this custom Ui would post some kind of update.

Over 80% of the stuff in Insomniax (v1.6 BETA 02) is already outdated , might be time for wowinterface.com to think about stop allowing people to download this broken ui.

So is this custom Ui dead or what?
07-14-05, 02:03 AM   #2
Dr_dre
A Kobold Labourer
what a nice comment from someone who posted his very 1st post
07-14-05, 02:12 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sim - I am relatively sure that the reason Insomniax still shows as Beta is because LedMirage didn't bother finalizing a "release" version of it from the 1.5 patch, because he knew the 1.6 was coming soon after. I am equally sure that he will have an updated version released as soon as he can for 1.6. Insomniax is a compilation. It is made up of various other stand alone mods, made to "play nice" with each other. LedMirage can't release his updated version until he has gotten updated versions of all of the stand alones that he incorporates into it. The 1.6 patch only went live two days ago. Not all mod authors have their mods updated as of yet. Thus, it's nigh on impossible for compilation authors to have their mods updated yet either. Give it a few days.

Dr_dre - The same could be said of what you just posted. Flaming other posters is not tolerated on this board. Don't do it again, please and thank you.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-14-05, 04:05 AM   #4
Vayder
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Insomniax isnt a broken UI. ive been running the 1.6 beta since it was released. still works fine for me. did you even bother downloading and TRYING this UI before you decided to post a "help it wont work" thread?
07-14-05, 06:36 AM   #5
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
play nice! One person asked a simple question and all you had to do was reply without being negative towards the poster. No more flaming please or this thread gets locked and Cair and I have our way with you...
07-14-05, 06:37 AM   #6
Remelio

Bela.. when you threaten someone.. its supposed to be a threat, not something they might want

PS: Be nice everyone
07-14-05, 07:04 AM   #7
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
*puts her new tickle feather purchased from Cairenn.com away*

whatever do you mean?
07-14-05, 09:08 AM   #8
FuzzyNubkins
A Kobold Labourer
Been running it from the time I finally downloaded 1.6 no problems with insomniax runs fine for me, I don't have all parts enabled but what I use works great.
07-14-05, 09:33 AM   #9
synapz
A Kobold Labourer
I tried running all the parts of Insomniax but it just gives me .exe errors and crashes. And I dont know which mod is causing the crashing =\
07-14-05, 09:53 AM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Synapz, could you tell us what the error message is that you are getting? We may be able to help.
07-14-05, 12:17 PM   #11
Sim
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by synapz
I tried running all the parts of Insomniax but it just gives me .exe errors and crashes. And I dont know which mod is causing the crashing =\
Go into your interface folder/addons delete CTRaidassist, also you might delete few other ctmods while your in there. Next vist Ctmod.net and download the latest mods they have, replace the ones that are used in Insomniax.

CT AllBags v1.0
CT MasterMod v1.67 with modified defaults
CT BagMod v1.1
CT BuffMod v1.73
CT HailMod v1.1
CT ItemBuffs v1.33
*CT MailMod v1.3
CT Moveable Bags v1.1
CT Moveable Party v1.21
*CT PartyBuffs v1.45
*CT PartyHealth v1.3
CT PlayerNotes v1.2
CT QuestLevels v1.2
*CT Raid Assist v1.153
*CT TickMod 2.2
CT Timer v1.1
*CT UnitFrames v1.57 with modified defaults

All of those can be updated, the two listed below just delete them from the addon folder, they will only cause you problems.

+KC Enhanced Trades v0.98c by Kaelten
-Enhanced TradeSkillFrame v1.11 by Pinky
07-14-05, 12:30 PM   #12
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
um, any particular reasons why my addon would 'only cause you problems'

I've posted in the insomniax forum and have it posted at all four sites that there is a .99 out.

If your having problems with KCET please voice them so I Can find out whats wrong and fix it, its impossible to fix errors if no one tells you whats up.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-14-05, 02:20 PM   #13
Syndie
A Kobold Labourer

Unhappy new tickle feather

I wanted to order one of those new tickle feathers also, but my browser can't find Cairenn.com . Pooh!
07-14-05, 02:58 PM   #14
Dakotah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Sim
<snip>

All of those can be updated, the two listed below just delete them from the addon folder, they will only cause you problems.

+KC Enhanced Trades v0.98c by Kaelten
-Enhanced TradeSkillFrame v1.11 by Pinky
As Kaelten stated, there is a newer version of KC Enh Trades available for download which likely fixes the problems you've had with it. I use KC Enh Trades, the beta of KC Items, and KC RadialButtons along with a slew of other mods and I have no errors or problems whatsoever.

When using a compilation, it is usually best if you search the UI sites for updated versions of any "problem" mods...especially after a major patch. I used to use Insomniax and I realize that he tweaks quite a few settings in some of the mods (CTMod for example), but if you are having problems it is probably better to get the updated version straight from the original author and live without the tweaks until LedMirage gets a chance to update everything.
07-16-05, 03:02 PM   #15
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Syndie
I wanted to order one of those new tickle feathers also, but my browser can't find Cairenn.com . Pooh!
Wrong addy. Cairenn-MMORPG.com
10-10-05, 07:07 AM   #16
bat771
A Kobold Labourer
I have heard that there is a 1.8 release for insomniax,,,All i can find is 1.7 and it caused more issues than the error messages i got with 1.6,,,, 1.7 will load fine but i have too many rows of buttons most of which have no buttons to move them with

Last edited by bat771 : 10-10-05 at 07:14 AM.
10-13-05, 02:09 PM   #17
tkane3
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by bat771
I have heard that there is a 1.8 release for insomniax,,,All i can find is 1.7 and it caused more issues than the error messages i got with 1.6,,,, 1.7 will load fine but i have too many rows of buttons most of which have no buttons to move them with
There is no 1.8 release, that I know of considering that the fourms on Insomniax are still closed. In 1.7, Led gives you the option of using the bib toolnbars or the Discord ones.
The Discord tool bars are disabled by default but it sounds like they were enabled somewhow. Discord is a little more complex to setup then the old IX_Bib. So your choice, just make sure they are both are not enabled.
10-13-05, 02:29 PM   #18
greggerojr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi, Iven been using 1.6 Beta 2 and stopped after the patch due to Insomniax's version of Bib being wonky. Had various other little errors but nothing that makes it unplayable. Is there a way to do a "clean" install? I'm assuming that merely writing over the old mods or removing and replacing a specific folder may not be enough? Anyhelp is appreciated.
10-13-05, 03:17 PM   #19
greggerojr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I found the problem. I disabled the Ct Barmods and it cleared up. Happy days. Anyone a druid and using Bib? I have a question about shapeshifting.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Insomniax no more?