08-10-09, 01:04 AM   #1
Raventiger
A Cyclonian

Problem with NUI and General Chat fonts

Hi,

The new release of NUI seems to have locked the font of General Chat to the default font. I can change the combat log font, but the general chat font remains the same no matter how I try to set it up. Please help.

Regards

Raventiger.

08-10-09, 04:05 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure why this is changed as I have not changed anything in the chat frame code in a very long time.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-10-09, 02:35 PM   #3
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Are you using a mod to change your chat fonts if so which one? AS a side note I noticed a couple people having problems with the fonts if they had Nui chat config plug in installed might be because of the new fonts Scott put into nui couple updates back, so you could try disabling that if you've got it

08-11-09, 02:21 AM   #4
Raventiger
A Cyclonian

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not using any other mod to control the fonts in game, and the only nUI mods I have installed are nUI+ v5.05.02 and the nUI_Config_GUI which I downloaded a couple of days ago.

I'm really not sure what the problem is, though now I think about it my best guess is the new nUI_Config_GUI. The reason I say that is I upgraded to nUI+ v5.05.02 and the new nUI_Config_GUI at the same time. I assumed it was the new nUI+ which was causing the problem, but when I downgraded back to nUI+ v5.05.01 it didn't fix the problem. I now realise that makes it likely the the new nUI_Config_GUI is the culprit.

Anyway, all the fonts are changing correctly when I change them via the GUI except for the my General chat log font. The icon text, combat log, HUD text etc all correctly update the font.

I'll test my theory about nUI_Config_GUI causing the problem when I get a chance and post my results.

08-11-09, 02:45 AM   #5
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Raventiger View Post
... that makes it likely the the new nUI_Config_GUI is the culprit.
It's more probably that the problem is with nUI: Config [GUI] and not nUI. I'm not the coding guru that Scott is, so it's quite possible that I broke something somewhere.

I'll have a look and see if I can replicate the problem.

-- Kodewulf

08-11-09, 04:50 PM   #6
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

raven your other option is to just pick up a chat mod I use Pratt myself to do the fonts plus time stamps and a couple other things, works seamlessly with nUI

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Problem with NUI and General Chat fonts