05-10-05, 03:14 AM   #1
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Global AddOns...

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought the whole point of addons was to create LUA/XML that could provide global functions outside the scope of the default files. The only way I've managed this so far is either by editing one of the LUAs that are global or by editing the FrameXML.toc. Am I missing something or are addons only supposed to behave locally for that frame?
05-29-05, 02:12 PM   #2
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Please clarify what you are asking? Are you asking if AddOns are supposed to provide functions that are not already available via the default interface files?

My understanding is that an AddOn is by definition something that modifies the default interface, or function of an existing element of the game. it is not really possible to make an AddOn that provides something the game doesn't already provide in some form or another. Ever piece of code we use in our AddOns, or data that our AddOns provide are gathered because the default game client provides that data in some form or another, either via events, functions, or otherwise.
05-30-05, 12:05 AM   #3
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

You can disregard this thread, I've since figured out what the issue was.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Global AddOns...