1. The "user-defined quest" feature was crap, and never worked.
2. So I'd rather just work by building something similar to the Blizz objective tracker.
Here are things that I want a way to do, which I never found a way to do satisfactorily in ToDo:
1. Determine when quests are added or completed. My solution was to scan the quest log, but this Doesn't Work in several circumstances:
* On login, it's very hard to be sure whether the quest log is done loading.
* If the user clicks the collapse button for a zone, all the quests for that zone become undetectable, so far as I can tell, but they haven't really been removed from the log.
* Similarly, clicking the collapse button again "ads" new quests.
2. Intercept shift-clicks on quests in the log which have "no objectives" according to Blizzard.
What I want to do:
* Color-code and level-code quest headers
* Auto-add new quests
* Auto-remove quests that get cleared
* Allow the user to sort the list
* Save the list of tracked quests when you log out.
* Eliminate the extra blank lines between objectives.
Apart from that, the Blizzard one is now much closer to doing what I wanted anyway.