10-06-09, 02:50 PM   #1
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
{SILLY}the next paided change will be...

the next paided change for bizzard can do is letting you pay to COPY your toon to a diffent realm or faction on that side...

As it stands we can...
Change a toons name (leeroy to leroy)
Change a toon sex (male to female)
Change the toons home faction
Change the toons home realm

Waht missing?
COPYING YOUR TOON !!!

I am going to place some bets in the bookie now that we will have this within 10 years time. the payout for £1 is £1 million pounds !!!
So...
Come on bizzard help me win 1 million pounds !!!

*note* This is a silly topic about wow, please no flamming and just think about it :P

Links to other topics...
wow-europa boards (that fail pit of hell)
wcradio
10-06-09, 02:55 PM   #2
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by richwarf View Post
This is a silly topic about wow
Something I can agree with . I don't see it happening, personally. Allowing you to copy a character will essentially allow you to copy and duplicate any amount of gold any number of times, only to pile it up exponentially and make a killing. That's but one of the problems.
10-06-09, 03:03 PM   #3
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
like i did say it a silly post :P

i relly hope bizzard does not read it on there boards and take it the wrong way and do it...

mind you that whold make a great APIRL FOOL jock :P
10-06-09, 03:05 PM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

id guess class change
10-06-09, 03:11 PM   #5
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
id guess class change
That is a good one :P
Mind posting it in the other topics since i got baned from wcradio (72hrs) and wow-eur (2 hrs) already :<
10-06-09, 03:18 PM   #6
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

That is a good one :P
Mind posting it in the other topics since i got baned from wcradio (72hrs) and wow-eur (2 hrs) already :<
For what? If it's cause of this I doubt anyone's gonna post in your topics.
10-06-09, 04:35 PM   #7
zero-kill
A Firelord

In the spirit of being silly: Blizzard reduces the monthly cost you pay per month, by a factor incorporating the amount of time you've had a "paid" account with them, the exact amount of server time you've clocked, or just to be nice to those of us with a not-so-flexible budget.

If dreams came true...
10-06-09, 04:43 PM   #8
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Unfortunately, I simply thing character copying is never ever going to have a chance at happening, because their business is to keep you playing. Even though you've already put in the work to level a char to 80 and gear him out, you don't just have the ability nor right to use that character on whatever server you want. Even if you're paying $30 for the copy, that's two months of game time, whereas by making you level a new toon up from scratch, the average person will take quite a bit more than two months, and generate more income overall for Blizzard.

It just doesn't make any sense for them from an economical standpoint.
10-06-09, 05:37 PM   #9
zero-kill
A Firelord

Looks like they just added Race Change (within same faction) to the list, it's coming soon at least.
10-06-09, 06:26 PM   #10
lilsparky
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
some other mmo is going to come along and not care if people copy their toons from one server to another and then blizz will kinda have to do it too.

the copied toon would have to take half the original toon's gold and have all the items become super-soulbound (can't de, can't vendor/sell).
10-06-09, 07:13 PM   #11
zero-kill
A Firelord

Another one I just thought of is something being soul-bound that you could move that item to another one of your alts, of course that'd make twinks even more annoying but whatever
10-06-09, 07:45 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
Another one I just thought of is something being soul-bound that you could move that item to another one of your alts, of course that'd make twinks even more annoying but whatever
They already have this as of 3.0. (3.1?) They're "Account Bound" items. Stats change based on level, of course.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-06-09, 08:41 PM   #13
zero-kill
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
They already have this as of 3.0. (3.1?) They're "Account Bound" items. Stats change based on level, of course.
This was an amazing change, but MORE over, being able to convert a bind on equip or more fair bind on pickup item to bind to account.

A question about bind to account items, are they a permanent 1 time move or can you shift them all around?
10-06-09, 08:56 PM   #14
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

You can pretty much move them all around so its nice if your an alt addict. I do believe certain enchants however either dont work or will make the item permanent.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-07-09, 12:48 AM   #15
zero-kill
A Firelord

Oh gosh if there were only +xp gain enchants, then I'd be a happy <--
10-07-09, 12:53 AM   #16
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

COPYING YOUR TOON !!!
Originally Posted by shkm View Post
Allowing you to copy a character will essentially allow you to copy and duplicate any amount of gold any number of times, only to pile it up exponentially and make a killing.
Luckily this is only allowed on the PTR.
10-07-09, 02:01 AM   #17
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
Oh gosh if there were only +xp gain enchants, then I'd be a happy <--
The Bind to account gear has xp bonuses to kills and quests in the shoulders and chest and they stack for a total of a 20% bonus. Its more than enough hehe. the levels on my alts are flying by.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-07-09, 02:21 AM   #18
zero-kill
A Firelord

I need to get this DK up there soon! Did you do Wintergrasp or dungeons to get yours?
10-12-09, 01:05 PM   #19
PigtailsofDoom
A Cyclonian

You can do either. Back before they implemented the heirloom gear from heroic badges I used the shards from dungeons to buy the WG shoulders for my druid. A few weeks ago I went ahead and bought the chest piece and the staff with heroic badges.

In hindsight I probably should have spent the badges on my T8.5 helm first, but I have it now so it's all good.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » {SILLY}the next paided change will be...