11-25-09, 11:34 AM   #1
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Hey CB.. did Blizz rip ya off or what?

Man... I get to lookin at the 3.3 patch notes about the MM features and the quest tracking features and I was like...mmm lots of addons like that... but the shrunken map feature.... wow they just took your idea flat out.

I'm here to the end man, love the addon. Any testing you need for 3.3 lemme know I'm happy to help.

11-27-09, 11:54 AM   #2
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Well, the carbonite map is still a million times better in my opinion

I just hope they integrate Blizard's quest database with Carbonite tracker. No more missing quests and such... (Also, completed quests option for Loremaster ! )

11-30-09, 02:39 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, we plan to use whatever quest data we can get out of the game. Looks like Blizzard even added quest areas similar to ours. We may even be able to make the addon smaller by stripping out some of our quest data. We shall have to see how well their stuff works.

12-07-09, 12:39 PM   #4
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Yes, we plan to use whatever quest data we can get out of the game. Looks like Blizzard even added quest areas similar to ours. We may even be able to make the addon smaller by stripping out some of our quest data. We shall have to see how well their stuff works.

Yeah the more I looked at it the more I realized it might actually make it a bit easier on you guys. Regardless of their new quest system it certainly can lighten the load on your DB and at the same time allow you to utilize it in a positive fashion.

The get quest feature looks promising to. I think you guys could do some serious reverse quest tracking with this new feature beyond what blizz could ever do.

Their quest tracking still sucks major bone though. I'm looking forward to you guys dishing out some new features on this one.

12-09-09, 01:39 PM   #5
nick5454
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'd rather play AC than wow without Carb/PitBull

12-10-09, 06:33 PM   #6
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
hey Carb any chance you could add an import feature like everyquest or support for everyquests import feature?

12-12-09, 08:30 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
hey Carb any chance you could add an import feature like everyquest or support for everyquests import feature?
What type of data are you wanting to import and from where?

12-13-09, 06:58 PM   #8
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
Well, the carbonite map is still a million times better in my opinion
I feel the same. I don't think I could play WoW without Carbonite, even with 3.3's new quest tracking.

Thanks Carb Devs!

12-14-09, 12:18 AM   #9
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
What type of data are you wanting to import and from where?
Everyquest has that quest scanner, was checking it out. I know you can go in and set quests done with carbonite. Question is are ( prolly have and I havent seen it ) planning on making an import module to import into cabr what youve done. If not will you be planning to add an import module to import the data flagged from say Everyquest the addon.

12-14-09, 01:20 AM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carbonite can already get the quest completion data from the server. We added that in 3.3 and 3.31 has an improved version of that feature.

Changes: 3.3

Added fetching of completed quests from server on login and adding them to quest history.

Changes: 3.31

Added "Remove All" and "Get Completed From Server" commands to quest history popup menu.
Added one time message for each character to get quest history. Removed auto fetching.

12-14-09, 01:41 AM   #11
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Carbonite can already get the quest completion data from the server. We added that in 3.3 and 3.31 has an improved version of that feature.

Changes: 3.3

Added fetching of completed quests from server on login and adding them to quest history.

Changes: 3.31

Added "Remove All" and "Get Completed From Server" commands to quest history popup menu.
Added one time message for each character to get quest history. Removed auto fetching.

yep im slow.

Thanks man

03-23-10, 12:56 PM   #12
Tubben
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Without Carbonite and Questhelper we wouldnt have the ingame questtracker, btw.

Blizzard just wont admit this ;-)

04-01-10, 10:16 AM   #13
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Tubben View Post
Without Carbonite and Questhelper we wouldnt have the ingame questtracker, btw.

Blizzard just wont admit this ;-)
They already commented on this in the macro's and ui forum. The basis for the system was other games like Aion. The layout was because Carb/QH

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Hey CB.. did Blizz rip ya off or what?