03-18-06, 11:35 AM   #1
Lery
A Black Drake
Hey Crash Are You Out There?

I know this is Discord forums but Crash used Discord and made it into a wonderful template format for any class to use. I like to say he really changed the way people used Discord. Unfortunately some personal things happened and he had to step away.

So I was wondering if Crash is around here some where? Since my UI use's his setup I am concerned when 1.10 comes out that I will be out of luck. I know that 1.10 changes everything pretty much. If anyone knows please post here. If not then I will have to go and find another UI that I enjoy. I think at this point I have tried them all
03-19-06, 03:35 AM   #2
WuslonK
A Defias Bandit
Charcoal

I am using the charcoal version too. I tested it on the testservers and after renaming/deleting the DAB_AutoCastHooks.lua everything worked fine for me.

But I'm sad too to see this excellent work disappear and wish crash all the best.
03-21-06, 02:40 PM   #3
Gorgar21
A Defias Bandit
Crash's new website

Toctastic reported that Crash is working on a new version of Charcoal; for now Crash's awesome DUF layout shall suffice.
03-21-06, 02:54 PM   #4
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Still here, still working on it =)

Charcoal
More Charcoal
Even More Charcoal
Alternate DAB Layout

Last edited by CrashVegas : 03-21-06 at 03:29 PM.
03-21-06, 05:34 PM   #5
Lery
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by CrashVegas

OMG! Thank the heavens! Looks like a web site might be coming soon? If you need any type of web site help the community is definately here to support you. Can't wait for this. Makes my naughty spots tingle
03-28-06, 03:36 PM   #6
shaoc
A Kobold Labourer
hi crash, just want to say that the new charcoal looks awsome! the 1.0 patch arrived today and im very worry about the current charcoal being broken, so can u give me some advice about it or when u will be releasing the new charcoal? thanks alot!
03-28-06, 03:51 PM   #7
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
I believe it's just DAB that broke with the patch, so delete the DAB_AutoCastHooks.lua file from the DiscordActionBars folder and all should be well.
03-28-06, 04:10 PM   #8
Bikther
An Aku'mai Servant

I use DAB and love it. I just found out about your versions Crash. Looks really nice and clean. Where is it available for download?
03-28-06, 06:13 PM   #9
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
The current version that people are using (1.04) is no longer available for download...it was never a finished product in my eyes. Charcoal 1.1 will be available on my website as well as other places very soon. I'm going on holidays April 10th and it will definitely be out by then, I've just had a myriad of other things to take care of first.
03-28-06, 06:18 PM   #10
Bikther
An Aku'mai Servant

Sweet cool awesome..various other terms of approval.

Can't wait looks good.
04-06-06, 04:39 PM   #11
Lery
A Black Drake
Any update there Crash? Just curious how the development is progressing. Of course I have nasty DAB errors after the 1.10 but mostly with keybindings. The fix is mostly for DAB 3.1 which Charcoal 1.4 is not using. Therefore, I need to manually keep re-enterings the keybindings. Not really a big deal, but would like to get it fixed. Think the older DAB version is also causing some memory errors from the 1.10 patch. Hears to hearing from you soon!

-Lery

p.s. I check your site every day but it just has the unit frames there....
04-06-06, 06:03 PM   #13
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Hi, wondering which addon is being used for the square mini-map?
04-06-06, 06:06 PM   #14
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
The shots above are a combination of Discord Unit Frames, Discord Action Bars and my own mod, Charcoal. I've built the square minimap option into Charcoal. The minimap also zooms using the mousewheel.
04-06-06, 06:15 PM   #15
brotherhobbes
The shots above are a combination of Discord Unit Frames, Discord Action Bars and my own mod, Charcoal. I've built the square minimap option into Charcoal. The minimap also zooms using the mousewheel.
So if I picked up DUF or DAB would I find the square mini-map? Or is it unique to your addon?
04-06-06, 06:23 PM   #16
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
It's not built into DAB or DUF, no.

You want this
04-06-06, 06:38 PM   #17
brotherhobbes
It's not built into DAB or DUF, no.

You want this
Thank you, sir.

Have you considered adjusting the viewport to move your chat boxes and UI outside of the "screen" ? (screen might be the wrong term) Perhaps this is solely a personal preference, but I like having my non-raid UI covering up as little of the screen as possible.

Either way, Charcoal is a very nice looking UI.

Thanks again for the link.
04-06-06, 06:55 PM   #18
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
I don't like viewport because you actually get less physical viewing space. I also don't like excessive artwork, 3D models or any kind of HUD/Rings. I like things clean and simple...but like you said, personal preference =)
04-07-06, 10:39 AM   #19
Lery
A Black Drake
Crash thanks for the information. I am not posting constantly wherever I can to rush you, but any updates you can give even if there are none is great. Can't wait to try out beta....
04-08-06, 10:08 AM   #20
Lery
A Black Drake
Crash, I saw on your web site that you have version 1.1 up. I am very happy now Anyway where are we to post bugs/questions? I do not know if the webmaster of this site minds us posting about them here or if your going to opening up your site or what?

I have an error or two but I am actually going to completely clean out and start from scratch and then see what happens. I just upgraded DUF and DAB and Charcoal. While it went ok when going to the profile section of Charcoal and hitting the dropdown to try and bring up a different Charcoal look (like on first load), it gives me some null value.

I also saw the Charcoal Extractor. Not sure what that is?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Hey Crash Are You Out There?