03-28-12, 06:56 AM   #1
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Zone completion tracking

I'm attempting to find an addon that will, upon entering a zone, automatically track the associated Quest's completed achievement.

I know I've seen it somewhere, but for the life of me I'm unable to find it. Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas?

Thanks in advance.
03-28-12, 09:08 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quest Completist?

Wholly + Grail?
03-28-12, 09:47 AM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, I think I explained poorly what I was after.

Each zone has an achievement for the number of quests completed within it. Like Deep Into Deepholm for example.

What I'm looking for is some way upon entering a zone or completing a quest within a zone for the associated achievement to be tracked.

Wholly and Grail which I currently use, I can see all the potential quest's on the map. There's no option I've found that allows auto tracking of the zone achievement though. Same with Quest Completist that IU can see from the addons description.
03-28-12, 10:40 AM   #4
Othgar
"That" Guy

Something like Loremaster maybe?

03-28-12, 10:46 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Loremaster does the same things as Wholly/Grail and also QuestCompletist, thank you for the suggestion though.

Basically all I'm trying to do is be more lazy/efficient There has to be an easier way than to go into Achievements, go under Quests, find the right continent, then the right zone, all to hit that silly little checkbox to Track the achieve, lol.
03-28-12, 12:15 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can see if http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rachiever.html or http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nAchiever.html have this feature or request it to one of the authors...

I use Overachiever myself, but I don't remember if there's an option to auto-track the quest achievements...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-28-12, 12:24 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks for the other options. I use Overachiever myself and it does not have that option. It doesn't appear that Urban Achiever does either unless it's an undocumented feature.

By the looks so far today, there is not an addon that does this yet. Looks like I'll be putting in a suggestion soon enough, lol.
03-28-12, 12:41 PM   #8
Khuul
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite does it and shows it above your quest list
03-28-12, 04:43 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's part of why I'm looking for it Khuul. I used to use Carbonite and that was one of a few features I though to be extraordinarily handy to see. Still hoping to find something small that will work though. Thank yo for the suggestions.
03-28-12, 05:42 PM   #10
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Sorry, I think I explained poorly what I was after.

Each zone has an achievement for the number of quests completed within it. Like Deep Into Deepholm for example.

What I'm looking for is some way upon entering a zone or completing a quest within a zone for the associated achievement to be tracked.

Wholly and Grail which I currently use, I can see all the potential quest's on the map. There's no option I've found that allows auto tracking of the zone achievement though. Same with Quest Completist that IU can see from the addons description.
With Wholly, instead of looking at the zone's quests you can look at the achievement's quests. The title in the popup is colored green if you have completed the achievement and yellow if not. For the "zone" achievements you can monitor the quests as they turn green (or disappear from the list if you do not display completed quests). Yes, Wholly does not automatically set the selected zone to the "associated" achievement when you change zones, so there is a little manual intervention involved.

As another option, you can set the preferences in Wholly to only show Loremaster quests. This will make sure the zone quests only show Loremaster quests for that zone (including quests that start in other zones, but are Loremaster for the zone you selected). As you go through the list you will eventually get the achievement before all the quests in the list disappear.

However, what you really seem to want is the ability for Wholly to display the information you seek. Please submit an enhancement request on the curseforge website for Wholly.
03-28-12, 08:27 PM   #11
jewhedon
A Murloc Raider
TomQuest 2 has an achievement tracker as well as a quest tracker. I used it for exactly the purpose you are describing when I was doing my loremaster achievement.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tomQuest2.html

It is a LibDataBroker addon although the quest and achievement tracker are independent of your LDB display.

Hope this helps.
03-28-12, 08:45 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I may still be confusing folks about what I'm looking for. I dug up some old screenshots of exactly what it is.

In the attached picture, you'll see Carbonite's Quest Tracker/Watchframe. The toon I was on is in Icecrown, and circled in redish is the result I'm after. Nothing overly complicated, just looking to see if there's a lazy mans way to do it automagically vs going into the Achievement window and hitting "Track" whenever I zone.

Hope that clarifies it better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zone_Track.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	6838  
03-29-12, 03:53 AM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

I've written a quick addon to do this:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntTracker.html

Please let me know if you notice any zones that don't work properly; I didn't fly around the whole world to test them all.
03-29-12, 04:55 AM   #14
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you Phanx! D/L'd and installed but I wont be able to test till later this afternoon/evening Silly work gets in the way of things.

*Edit*

Just noticed as another commenter did that the files are not within a folder. No biggie, just made a folder and unzipped into it. Thank you again.
03-29-12, 04:08 PM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

Fixed. I always forget to do that for new addons.
03-30-12, 05:57 PM   #16
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I finally got a chance to test out your addon. Works perfectly and does exactly what I was looking for. I especially like that if you enter a zone with no achieve like Elwynn it clears the tracking of the previous zone.

Thank you very much for creating it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Zone completion tracking