12-21-08, 08:24 PM   #1
Ookami.kun
A Cliff Giant

Need a replacement Spam mod

Have been using SpamSentry for a while, but for some reason it hasn't been updated in quite some time and throws out errors left and right since WotLK came out. I've been holding out in hopes that the author would get around to updating and fixing the bugs, but I think I'm just going to put it on the back burner and look for a new mod. Can anyone suggest a good Anti-Spam mod that works like, or similar to, SpamSentry? I've seen a few here, but am unsure of which may be better of them all. Thanks.
12-21-08, 08:37 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm using BadBoy, and it seems to work fairly well. It's not exactly like SpamSentry because Badboy pretty much hides everything. I never see the spam and only get a notice when someone gets reported.

Last edited by Petrah : 12-21-08 at 08:42 PM.
12-21-08, 09:39 PM   #3
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I use SpamMeNot, which sounds like it works about the same as Badboy.
12-21-08, 11:14 PM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

BadBoy works for everything, except for those "polite" level 1 warriors.
12-22-08, 04:25 PM   #5
Ookami.kun
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
BadBoy works for everything, except for those "polite" level 1 warriors.
So, does that mean that I can still be bugged by level 1 characters with BadBoy? Because, if so, the I'll give SpamMeNot a shot since it looks like it is more configurable. While light and low on memory usage is nice, having more control over what I allow to show and what not to show up is better for me.

Also, since I've seen it happen before does SpamMeNot have the ability to show you what was said before you report it? I saw that BadBoy does, and since I've had false positives before with SpamSentry I just wanted to make sure that if it does catch a false positive, I have a way of declining to report. Automatically reporting is great, but I'd feel bad if I got someone in trouble.

Thanks

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need a replacement Spam mod