10-23-08, 11:49 AM   #1
qixotica
A Murloc Raider
Trick or Treat?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about making addons, so if my idea is ridiculous, go easy on me.

I was thinking, is is possible to make a addon that could accomplish these things, or does one exist already that could be made to do this:

1. Keep a player from going afk

2. Automatically opening an inkeeper, and clicking "Trick or Treat"

3. Detecting a trick or treat bag in inventory, and looting it.

4. And finally, detect the expiration of the Trick or Treat debuff and go back to step 2.

This could greatly increase one's chances at that squashling/hallowed helm since they drop from treat bags now. Dunno if this would be ok with TOS, etc, or if it is even possible, but I'm sure y'all are very knowledgeable about that.
10-23-08, 12:09 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, this would constitute as botting and would get you banned.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-23-08, 12:16 PM   #3
Kywin
A Fallenroot Satyr

Don't want to hyperreact here...but seems like you might be asking for a BG bot, and trying to mask it as something more innocent. Blizzard will not, has not allowed ANYTHING that prevents a player from going afk, it opens a can of worms the size of the titanic.

P.S. In case it was hard to pick up, I DO NOT believe you really want an anti afk mod so you can collect candy :P

Originally Posted by qixotica View Post
Disclaimer: I know nothing about making addons, so if my idea is ridiculous, go easy on me.

I was thinking, is is possible to make a addon that could accomplish these things, or does one exist already that could be made to do this:

1. Keep a player from going afk
10-23-08, 12:48 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Trick or Treating isn't just for candy. You get a very rare pet with it, an item, and the achievement. Though, I did hear someone say in guild last night that the pet/helm achievement won't be counted towards the overall Hallow's End achievement...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-23-08, 12:57 PM   #5
qixotica
A Murloc Raider
Okay, was just curious, sad. Ah well.

The helm/pet achievement is staying, they have been very dogged about that on the forums. They added them to drop from the trick or treat bags so people would have a better chance at them. The one they are getting rid of is the 20 mask achievement.

Thanks for the quick response

Edit: @Kywin: It's really not that hard to find an addon that just keeps you from afking. Just google it. Seriously. Go back and read my whole post until you get to the part about the helm/squashling. But my idea would count as botting, so it's a null issue anyways. Geez. TLDR people are everywhere.

Last edited by qixotica : 10-23-08 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Sarcasm
10-23-08, 01:32 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Trick or Treating isn't just for candy. You get a very rare pet with it, an item, and the achievement. Though, I did hear someone say in guild last night that the pet/helm achievement won't be counted towards the overall Hallow's End achievement...
I got the Squashling early this morning.. he is adorable rofl.
10-23-08, 01:37 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thumbs down bad bad bad

It's really not that hard to find an addon that just keeps you from afking. Just google it.
Not cool to tell another player how to cheat the system. An addon to prevent you from going afk is a bannable offense. I'm sure the admins here wouldn't appreciate anyone telling someone (in public on this forum) how to cheat the game either.
10-23-08, 02:01 PM   #8
qixotica
A Murloc Raider
Silenia, I was merely responding to ease in which a mod of which I was accused of fishing this forum for was found, not "telling someone how to cheat the system." I did not post links, or name specific websites. Did you not read his post, my post, and the edited reason of "sarcasm?" Not trying to start crap here, but you are jumping all over my case for a common knowledge response made in a chiding manner.

I thought I had a decent idea. I searched for it, on this site, others and using a search engine. Not finding it I thought I would post here and see if it was something that could be done, and even asked if it was kosher(didn't read that either, did you?). A moderator responded with why it would be a no-no, that should have been it, but now you non moderators are boot stomping me. Geez. This is my last post in this thread. The mods have spoken. Let it die.
10-23-08, 04:54 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The helm/pet achievement is staying, they have been very dogged about that on the forums. They added them to drop from the trick or treat bags so people would have a better chance at them. The one they are getting rid of is the 20 mask achievement.
Oh, that's what it was. Thanks.

I think everyone just doesn't like botters in bgs. I don't quite think all of the angst is directed at you, per say, but more at the idea that people do that.

10-24-08, 02:07 AM   #10
dafire
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
well.. the chance is set to high... i got 2 helmet and 1 pet from 5 Trick or Treating yesterday.

You still need the pet/helmet achievement for the overall thing.. they just took the collect 20 mask thing out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Trick or Treat?