10-22-08, 01:44 PM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

BG mod idea

i do not play BGs too often, but every time i do i find myself reviewing the score screen too often mid game, and its a big unmovable, clunky frame. this is what i propose. there should be a mod which uses the score data and presents it in a frame similar to recount. then you can select to monitor heals/damage/kbs/hks for ether side. Also, players stats could be integrated into their tooltip. i know id enjoy BGs more with improvements such as these.
10-22-08, 03:02 PM   #2
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For the time beeing, use NDragIt to move the frame. In the future, I have plans to work on a mod, called Aid Me!, that would be battle ground and PvP utilities, including what you wanted, yet I do not currently have time nor resources presently, as I am a college student. bgTrack, though I have not used it, might be what your looking for. I have not tried DopiesPvPTracker, yet it could be what your looking for. I have used HKCounter in the past, it logs stats from bg to bg; I do not know if it is working in 3.0.2, however I recommend you try that first.
10-22-08, 03:37 PM   #3
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanx for the reply, ill keep an eye out for your future projects. i just switched from Ndragit to Fluidframe, from what i recall ndragit didnt move it, and i have yet to test fluidframes in BGs. as for the mods you listed, seems like they are more for tracking personal BG stats over a period of time, and not tracking the current scores in your current game with realtime data. what would be perfect would be a recount like frame that tracks dmg/heals/hks/kbs as they happen for everyone in the BG, just as if you were watching the meters in a raid. you could toggle back and forth between horde, alliance, and integrated, and then use arrow buttons to navigate through which stat to monitor, and then maybe the option to clone the window if you wanted to monitor two things at once.

one more thing ive come up with, it could possibly modify the nameplate above the opponents with top heals and top damage, so when you specifically see those people, you could identify them immediately. in fact putting some sort of firstaidish icon next to anyone with significant heals would be tremendously useful.
10-22-08, 05:00 PM   #4
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
About marking the top damage/healers, I think it would be possible when either targeting or mousing over an enemy that is on the top list, the addon could notify the user of this, and it could also save data from previous BGs, so you know what healers are better to roast first. I'll add this to my list of ideas for Aid Me!. Thanks for the idea =]
10-22-08, 05:11 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
did you try http://www.wowinterface.com/download...coreboard.html ?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-08, 10:17 PM   #6
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post

didn't try it, looked like a full screen replacement for the score frame with even less info. i could give it a go, maybe it's more than the screenshot suggests, but the description doesn't really lead me to think so.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » BG mod idea