10-22-05, 01:07 AM   #1
rayjay246
A Defias Bandit
No option for Addons on character selection screen?!?!!?!?!

I hope that my problem is simple to fix. I have downloaded all of the mods that I want. I made an Interface folder with Addons as a subfolder. I extracted the mods to the Addons folder, but for some reason when I start the game, it does not acknowledge that I even have any addons. I am perturbed and need help. Thanks.
10-22-05, 01:30 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Try logging the rest of the way into the game, see if they show up anyway. There is a known bug going on at the moment that will hopefully be fixed in the 1.8.1 hot patch, where the addon button doesn't always show up on first installation.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-22-05, 01:49 AM   #3
rayjay246
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy

I logged in anyway, and there are no signs of any mods whatsoever. I guess I will have to live with what I have. Thanks.
10-22-05, 01:54 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Were you logged out when you tried to install them?
10-22-05, 02:16 AM   #5
rayjay246
A Defias Bandit
not the very first time i tried...however, the last time, i did exit the entire game, deleted the interface folder, made a new one and put the mods in there again, and then i started up WoW. It still didn't work, so I don't know what the deal is.
10-22-05, 02:18 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, have you gone through our FAQ on how to install mods? There is a fairly good step by step walk through, along with a list of possible problems to check for.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No option for Addons on character selection screen?!?!!?!?!