09-05-08, 12:48 PM   #21
Anelades
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Apparently I hear there's going to be a lot more custom titles that you can get in the game. I'm sure some of them are money sinks but I doubt that will preoccupy people with their gold for very long. They're going to need tangible stuff if people are going to sink their gold into it.
09-05-08, 03:05 PM   #22
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Selina View Post
Actually the "gold" cap is 214,748 gold, 36 silver, 48 copper or 2^32 copper pieces. That's a per character limit though as far as I know and not a account wide limit, so in theory someone could accrue even more gold than that.

As far as gold sinks go I hope that Blizzard comes up with a few good ones. Gold is easy to come by and I think it would be in the best interest of the game, if more gold sinks existed, that would reduce the amount of gold floating around, BUT I also hope that if they come up with such gold sinks that it will be convenience items, prestige stuff, titles and so on and not essentials like a mount or training costs.
Prestige Stuff would be sweet. They should start on player housing, with the option to get your own, Bank and gear closet (like runes of magic), and stuff like blankets to dress up your mounts, armor coloring. mount bags and stuff like that
09-05-08, 04:33 PM   #23
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
Prestige Stuff would be sweet. They should start on player housing, with the option to get your own, Bank and gear closet (like runes of magic), and stuff like blankets to dress up your mounts, armor coloring. mount bags and stuff like that

thats a really good idea. Def. something that has been suggested many times (atleast the housing part) but your gear closet and mount bags are an even better idea to add to that mix.

when i first wrote this post I had read in several spots people talking upwards for 40k for mounts in the new expansion. I know we can use our existing flying mounts out there but i was affraid this was going to be the price tag for the training.
09-05-08, 04:57 PM   #24
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

I don't know why but I just do not really like player housing, or at least I can't picture it in WoW. To me it just doesn't fit. Plus, what more will be inside? If they do make it, they need to incorporate an instance portal into it. Having millions of homes just won't work
09-05-08, 04:59 PM   #25
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
I don't know why but I just do not really like player housing, or at least I can't picture it in WoW. To me it just doesn't fit. Plus, what more will be inside? If they do make it, they need to incorporate an instance portal into it. Having millions of homes just won't work
Yea my thought would be that you walk through a portal. Who ever the party /raid leader is its their house/home area.....same would be a good idea for a guild hall for the entire guild can go and chill in. It could include bg npcs guild bank etc.
09-05-08, 05:03 PM   #26
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

That was my thought. But wouldn't it be boring to just have one mini house? :P

Maybe you could choose the "landscape" of your home. Like it could be Zangarmarsh, etc.

OR

Maybe anywhere in the whole WoW world you can place your house, but only you and your raid/group can see it. (Implement some way so the server doesn't render it until it needs to) (OR maybe a "House List" where only that list can see your house (cuz a whole raid seeing eachother's house might be weird?))
09-06-08, 12:35 AM   #27
Anelades
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
That was my thought. But wouldn't it be boring to just have one mini house? :P

Maybe you could choose the "landscape" of your home. Like it could be Zangarmarsh, etc.

OR

Maybe anywhere in the whole WoW world you can place your house, but only you and your raid/group can see it. (Implement some way so the server doesn't render it until it needs to) (OR maybe a "House List" where only that list can see your house (cuz a whole raid seeing eachother's house might be weird?))
I'd doubt they'd do the latter with the whole world thing only the guild could see. Sounds a bit over-doing it. Excess complications, if you will.

If they were to put in player housing, it better be worth the work they put into it.
09-13-08, 03:18 PM   #28
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
This might be a dumb question, but what point is there of having player housing in game, other than maybe RP purposes? Bank and guild bank can already hold your possessions, and you can gather wherever you want.
09-13-08, 09:10 PM   #29
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

That is my initial thought. I still really find no use for them. I don't see it has a viable feature in this game.
09-14-08, 01:52 AM   #30
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
LotRO has player housing, and it's kinda cool. Saving up for a (bigger) house (there are two sizes of player housing, normal and deluxe) gives you something to aim for and so does collecting nice furniture. A lot of the bosses and mobs seem to drop trophies that can be mounted so that you can display them.

The houses also have storage chests that any of your characters can use, so it's a good way of passing stuff between your characters, especially crafting mats.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WOTLK Flying mounts 50k gold?!?! wtf