03-05-07, 01:50 PM   #61
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
frame strat

Changing the frame strata on the cave shouldnt affect anything right? thats the only coding change im intrested in. just so that i can get the lettering on the target to show up entirely. Not that big of a deal though.
03-05-07, 02:22 PM   #62
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Grimsin
Changing the frame strata on the cave shouldnt affect anything right? thats the only coding change im intrested in. just so that i can get the lettering on the target to show up entirely. Not that big of a deal though.
Not at all, since frame strata only involving in the order of the frames, not position.
03-05-07, 02:49 PM   #63
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Frame strata can affect behavior. For example, if you move something that is bigger (but perhaps partially transparent) that accepts mouse clicks higher. If you think something is on the wrong level, you should just report it with a clear reason why. Otherwise, you'll just need to recreate your changes in every future version.
03-06-07, 01:23 AM   #64
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Nice work on the druid art, noob. I really like it.
03-06-07, 08:06 AM   #65
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

hehe thanks, just wait when I make the undead theme maybe with the help of Griffin224 or Grimsin if they would like to. If not, it'll jsut be a little longer to finish.
03-06-07, 08:18 AM   #66
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 123noob
hehe thanks, just wait when I make the undead theme maybe with the help of Griffin224 or Grimsin if they would like to. If not, it'll jsut be a little longer to finish.
You just let me know what you need 123, I'll do what I can!!!! Testing, editing, ideas, whatever...
03-06-07, 11:49 AM   #67
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

would something like this be hard?, a glossy skin thing, i actually tried to make my own with my uber ctrl c ctrl v ms paint skills, didnt go to plan and either did the clock i spent bloody ages doing something just to screw my nose up and delete it. meh

EDIT: perhaps skins like any of these on the second attachment would look good, i sure do think they would, unsure of how hard it would be though, i know the guy that made them said it didnt take long.. i think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1666.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1093  Click image for larger version

Name:	Image13333.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1094  

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 03-07-07 at 06:57 AM.
03-06-07, 12:07 PM   #68
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by imoonfire
would something like this be hard?, a glossy skin thing, i actually tried to make my own with my uber ctrl c ctrl v ms paint skills, didnt go to plan and either did the clock i spent bloody ages doing something just to screw my nose up and delete it. meh
Creating a glossy type skins are not hard. But usually when making gloss, it'd be better if it only focus on a frame (eg: chatframe/combatchatframe), where the rest are normal... or something like that. I've never done any high tech skins before so I have no idea.
03-06-07, 12:19 PM   #69
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

oops, read post below, double posted

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 03-06-07 at 12:22 PM.
03-06-07, 12:20 PM   #70
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

couldnt you just chuck them over the top?, like how zomgbox or skinner worked? whatcha think of the second image 123? i just edited my post b4 and put it in, i reckon a skin with something like that would look fantibulabulous
03-06-07, 05:22 PM   #71
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

couldnt you just chuck them over the top?, like how zomgbox or skinner worked? whatcha think of the second image 123? i just edited my post b4 and put it in, i reckon a skin with something like that would look fantibulabulous
Yah it would be great for those who likes glossy style. However, maybe if someone who's more skilled in creating these types of skins do it? since I am inexperience with Photoshop.
03-06-07, 06:15 PM   #72
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant

This is the latest I've come up with. It's edited from the electron textronenator texture pack. I'll post some files once I finish the chatbar and casting bar. Not sure if anyone would want that map, though.
03-06-07, 08:08 PM   #73
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by 123noob
Creating a glossy type skins are not hard. But usually when making gloss, it'd be better if it only focus on a frame (eg: chatframe/combatchatframe), where the rest are normal... or something like that. I've never done any high tech skins before so I have no idea.
what programs would i need, perhaps a rookie like myslelf could give it a go, i have the paintshop lol? does that do the job?
03-06-07, 08:32 PM   #74
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

what programs would i need, perhaps a rookie like myslelf could give it a go, i have the paintshop lol? does that do the job?
Paint will not let you do so since it doens't support alpha channel or layers. However, you could either use PSD (CS) or Fireworks, both are paid softwares. There are several free softwares as well, like GIMP (the only one I know).
03-06-07, 09:49 PM   #75
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Deilene

without the white spots cause i messed up the alpha channels, what do you think?

imo im a big fan, id like to give that a try
03-07-07, 06:01 AM   #76
Charybdis
A Cyclonian
Therok, those dragon health bars look damn sexy!
03-07-07, 10:53 AM   #77
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Hud and Help

Yea id like to get my hands on that dragon HUD art that is ultra damn sexy.

And 123noob just leme know what ya need help with. Maybe we set up a photobucket account just for uploading and exchanging MazzleUI Skins.
03-07-07, 06:00 PM   #78
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Grimsin
Yea id like to get my hands on that dragon HUD art that is ultra damn sexy.
Getting your hands on the art is the easy part. It's part of a custom HUD layout for the Nurfed UI. However, to use it you're stuck with nurfed unit frames, actionbars, and a whole glut of other junk that comes in the nurfed UI. All I wanted was a HUD, so I had to slash all the libraries and rip everything out of the Nurfed UI except the HUD frames. It's just the HUD now, but I can't help but wonder how much more efficient it would be to just code a fresh HUD around the images. Unfortunately my coding ability is limited, so the best I could do was the hack and slash job.
03-07-07, 06:05 PM   #79
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Could someone please explain how to make the textures for the casting bar and chattext box? I notice it's not a whole image like with the other panels in the UI, but instead seems to be broken up into pieces and arranged strangely (hard to explain in words, but if you open the casting bar image it looks as if someone broke the casting bar into quarters, and then laid the pieces zig zag onto a square canvas.)
03-07-07, 10:06 PM   #80
Deilene
A Murloc Raider
it wasn't broken up for me?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleExtraSkinsPackage